Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Carrying CO2 Guns
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:29 pm
Posts: 3110
Location: New Brunswick
rickyhsu6 wrote:
Hi, I recently got an SA P1911 and I was wondering if it is legal to have in public areas such as parks. If it is not legal, what are the consequences of having one if the police were called and found it?
EDIT: I'm under 18

My first question is why do you have access to an air pistol if you are under 18 years of age? I believe in most Canadian provinces you must be 18 years of age or older to possess one.

If you are indeed under 18 years of age maybe you lack the common sense that brandishing a firearm replica like a 1911 in public isn't wise.Image


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Carrying CO2 Guns
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:29 pm
Posts: 6209
Location: Okanagan,BC
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:25 pm
Last visited: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:'7 pm

Waiting for some answers... :?

I'm guessing that we are dealing with an immature young kid.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Carrying CO2 Guns
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 3595
Location: Edmonton
Holy crap, guys. New member, tells it straight that he's a teenager, and asks whether he can take his air pistol to the park. No need to go ape-shot over it. If you want to jump on the kid, jump on him for this post:

Quote:
I'm about to buy the Crosman Optimus 0.177 and I was wondering, is there any way to make the 495 FPS version shoot like the 1200 FPS version of the gun without spending $70 dollars on the cleaning/care package with the 1200 spring?
.

Hmmm...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Carrying CO2 Guns
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:47 am
Posts: 711
Location: Bradford
SureShot wrote:
rickyhsu6 wrote:
Hi, I recently got an SA P1911 and I was wondering if it is legal to have in public areas such as parks. If it is not legal, what are the consequences of having one if the police were called and found it?
EDIT: I'm under 18

My first question is why do you have access to an air pistol if you are under 18 years of age? I believe in most Canadian provinces you must be 18 years of age or older to possess one.

If you are indeed under 18 years of age maybe you lack the common sense that brandishing a firearm replica like a 1911 in public isn't wise.Image


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


That picture is worth WAY more than a thousand words....

_________________
When the 425-hp "street Hemi" version hit the street in 1965, it was akin to taking an M230 chain gun to an arcade shooting gallery
Peter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Carrying CO2 Guns
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 6480
Location: Montreal
Do you value your life, your gun and do you have a lot of money to invest in a lawyer?
Because you might lose the first one, will surely lose the second one and if you didn't get shot you'll need the third one.

_________________
Facebook is like ancient Egypt, people write on walls and worship cats

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Carrying CO2 Guns
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:21 am
Posts: 1203
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Since Ricky has gone AWOL and hasn't replied to any of the threads he started on the "General Airgun Chat" section, it leads me to believe we have an individual looking for a quick fix on a non pal airgun.

_________________

Megiddo65


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Carrying CO2 Guns
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 6480
Location: Montreal
megiddo65 wrote:
Since Ricky has gone AWOL and hasn't replied to any of the threads he started on the "General Airgun Chat" section, it leads me to believe we have an individual looking for a quick fix on a non pal airgun.

Or a troll

_________________
Facebook is like ancient Egypt, people write on walls and worship cats

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Carrying CO2 Guns
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:35 pm
Posts: 6089
Location: P.G. B.C.
wllm995 wrote:
rickyhsu6 wrote:
I'm about to buy the Crosman Optimus 0.177 and I was wondering, is there any way to make the 495 FPS version shoot like the 1200 FPS version of the gun without spending $70 dollars on the cleaning/care package with the 1200 spring


:?


I didn't see that one. Sounds as if someone 'in uniform' is trolling/fishing/hunting/searching - or - the other problem..

_________________
Best Wishes
Daryl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Carrying CO2 Guns
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:26 pm
Posts: 158
Location: Toronto
Some people need to learn the hard way.
That being said, this day and age it seems like learning the hard way has much harder results.

_________________
"Nice head, what's in the bag?"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO