Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Qb78 deluxe hpa
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:14 pm 

Put the valve port seal in from Canada shooting supply and it dropped the velocity a little too much, maxing out at 650fps rather than the 850fps I was getting without even an rva to turn things in more.
Will have to buy some poly tubing I guess!
I see Bob Sterne recommended the 1322 port seal on different threads, not sure why mine was leaking. Sure blasts the pellets out even leaking!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:58 pm 

Been toying with the idea of a brass transfer port sleeve for these for quite sometime now. Cutting a new poly sleeve every time I dis-assemble gets old in a hurry. Just a matter of finding the proper diameter brass tubing....

Incidentally, S&A has the 15 mm .177 bbl and bolt, on sale for these at 49.00. Tempting...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:48 pm 

Nice, yeah that is tempting.
If you make one of those, make two and I'll buy one off you! This new seal is slower, but it also has the exact same problem, if the seal is the problem. I've got air still shooting out the valve screw on the bottom of the gun. Anybody else try taking off their stock and shooting the gun with their hand over the valve screw? I wonder what else could be the problem. No air leaks otherwise, only when I shoot so it must be the transfer port you'd think

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:49 pm 

I guess I could put the original seal in and check it again.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:24 pm 

Might be a shredded O ring at the rear of the bbl shank by the sound of it. This is where a Dremel comes in handy with a long shank de-burr or fine stone... I've used 600 wt body paper wrapped around a drill bit of close size. It just takes a bit more time...

D.S.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:47 am 

Ok thanks, you're right, one is shredded. Should have thought of that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:22 pm 

Finally changed my barrel orings and put the 1322 port seal back in. Never tried maxing out the fps but starting at 1500psi down to 1000psi I shot 45 shots starting at 769 and on the 9th shot it shot it was shooting 825fps, slowly went up to 892fps at 1300psi, which was the 25th shot, then down to 817 by the 43rd shot, and I quit at 809. 30 shots in a 60fps spread, which is around 7%. Not great but maybe if I put an ssg on the gun and drop the speed to around 800fps should be able to get quite a few shots.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:23 pm 

Here's the heavy beast lol! Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:24 pm 

Put a repeater from Czech republic on it, 8 shot clip. $59 US shipped.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:58 am 

Now that is unique and interesting.... one way around the volume bug-a-boo :mrgreen:

Got a good curve there. A little more spring balancing - poppet return and hammer- could get you closer.
My target with the pcp'd A/R was actually 820-ish. It would do it, but on a nose dive curve. Settled for mid 760's with the jsb heavy, and got a flat 16 shot string to boot. Mid 780's with the polymag predators, which ain't too bad. Flattened string is accurate though, and I know what to expect. Got there with a poppet return spring out of the princess auto spring grab-bag assortment. Trial and error has it's merits, except it can be time consuming.

How's that bad boy group? Probly settles down nice on the bench :wink:

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:00 am 

Lol! Yeah the weight should settle nicely into a sand bag anyway! Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it. I didn't take the valve out this last time taking it apart. I have on of those bags of springs from Amazon. Will have to do that. Would be nice to get a flatter string. Al Gipetto made me a delrin valve stem, so I should try that anyway. Found out it wasn't a leak in my gun that was the problem with not pumping up, it was the one 90g adapter needed some more silicon grease on the inside oring.
I really need a good Gravel pit you go shooting at, will have to go exploring. Stinks not having my own land to shoot on, though I am sure many here have the same problem. Just is bewildering for a farm boy. Never had to ask permission to shoot before lol. My basement 8 yard range is getting a little stifling, and shooting in the old dump owned by the town is a little worrisome as their is about 300 dog owners in this little town and they love to wander all over that area at all hours lol! Anyway I'll get it sorted.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:05 pm 

Well I took the valve out tonight and put the delrin one in after sanding the back of the valve inside and spinning the valve stem against the back of the valve. Then I decided to put Ron's lighter hammer in to try it out alot get with the long spring he gave me. Put it all together and tried pumping it up but the air just sucks out every time I lift the pump handle. The valve stem is letting air escape by even when it's cocked. Any ideas what I did wrong?
Al said he'd help me out if I had problems so I'm sure I'll get it figured out.
Also putting the new hammer in confirmed I need to lengthen the slot for the bolt, in order to cock it. Not something I'm looking forward to with my skill level!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:06 am 

Not sure what you mean when you say the air is getting "sucked out"...if the pump is LITERALLY sucking the air back out, you've a check valve that's gone bad.

If it's leaking past the stem and out the barrel, could try filling it with an air compressor to get something of a seal established, then finish with the hand pump.

Will keep an eye out here.

Al

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:16 am 

Thanks Al, you're right I should have thought of that, brains not working I guess. Obviously the check valve isn't working right.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:29 am 

Well, it actually wasn't anything to do with the check valve, it was just a misunderstanding on my part of how my pump works. I didn't realize it was pumping air on the up stroke. The valve stem was leaking, but after a few more dissambly and trying things and springs, I found that if I just kept pumping as fast as I could it eventually built up enough press to seal things off.
I decided to switch over to Ron's smaller hammer and long spring, so cut the bolt slot longer, ground back the back end of the bolt and got it all working, though the bolt turned out as I feared, and it is fairly obvious to the eye that it was modified. Not horrible, but not pretty either!
Anyway it all works and now when it's cocked there is more room in the pellet tray. Looking forward to shooting it, haven't had the chance yet. I forgot to take a picture of the new hammer and spring, so when I get a chance I'll do that and post before I put it all back together.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next