Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Mail call!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:20 am 

New Airhawk and vortek kit!!!! 200 shots down range, silky smooth. Averaging 954 with chp's. Now to find her pellet.....

Post subject: Re: Mail call!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:39 am 

Why the new Air hawk and $100 kit to bump it up when you could have bought the Air hawk bumped up to begin with? I am thinking of an Air Hawk and getting the kit in case I want to detune it in winter months to shoot in the house. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:07 am 

wheeliehd wrote:
Why the new Air hawk and $100 kit to bump it up when you could have bought the Air hawk bumped up to begin with? I am thinking of an Air Hawk and getting the kit in case I want to detune it in winter months to shoot in the house. CHEERS!

Because you can get a Airhawk from walmart for 99 + Taxes. Anywheres else to buy a airhawk ( detuned ) Its like 139-149$ + taxes and shipping. I haven't seen a full power airhawk forsale in Canada.

I bought one for 114$ and cost me 40$ for the spring. R&R messed up so I got a 600 FPS spring ( the wrong one ) and a 856 FPS with 8.2grn springs. Plus the 490 FPS spring.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:21 am 

Thanks leadslinger . Just trying to wrap my head around this. Going to buy a detuned in the next two weeks. Not sure as I may even get a competition Field target gun. Looking at a Diana 240 Classic as well. Then a good scope but I really want open sights, no scope.

http://www.airgunsource.com/ruger-air-h ... cal/dp/295

then buy this for detuned model

http://www.airgunsource.com/vortek-pg2- ... it/dp/1515

That's what I was thinking. AGS have 1000fps and 495 FPS. Same price for both. Was debating about buying one of each but I want to hit my mark every shot. If I don't I want to know for a fact it is me and not the gun. Just the way I am. Sick of my Beeman with a 25lb trigger pull! :shock: :roll: LOL

CHEERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:41 am 

wheeliehd wrote:
Thanks leadslinger . Just trying to wrap my head around this. Going to buy a detuned in the next two weeks. Not sure as I may even get a competition Field target gun. Looking at a Diana 240 Classic as well. Then a good scope but I really want open sights, no scope.

http://www.airgunsource.com/ruger-air-h ... cal/dp/295

then buy this for detuned model

http://www.airgunsource.com/vortek-pg2- ... it/dp/1515

That's what I was thinking. AGS have 1000fps and 495 FPS. Same price for both. Was debating about buying one of each but I want to hit my mark every shot. If I don't I want to know for a fact it is me and not the gun. Just the way I am.

CHEERS!

Yeah don't try to understand :P AGS must have just got those full power airhawks. You could buy the full power, and I could sell you my detuned spring. Since I'm probably never going to detune it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:17 am 

I wanted to try the Airhawk, I wanted to try the vortek kit. Viola. So far the only down side is the cocking linkage has a wee rattle.
For $200 it is hard to beat this combo.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:29 am 

hw77grey wrote:
I wanted to try the Airhawk, I wanted to try the vortek kit. Viola. So far the only down side is the cocking linkage has a wee rattle.

You can also order one of these "elite" stocks from Rob at R&R airgun repair in Winnipeg. I think mine was around 80 bucks.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:47 am 

ITGUY wrote:
hw77grey wrote:

You can also order one of these "elite" stocks from Rob at R&R airgun repair in Winnipeg. I think mine was around 80 bucks.

That's nice looking

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:54 pm 

I was looking at some low powered air rifles at CT today - similar rifle to the picture above, was $229.95. Seems tome, iirc, most of their rifles including the ones marked Ruger, were well over $200.00.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:42 pm 

I have now fixed my cocking linkage! Some hammer and anvil, some spacers = no more rattling!!