Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:28 am 

I've had good luck with JSB 25gr and H&N Barracuda 33gr.. I havent tried Polymags in .25 yet , in .22cal I use them for hunting and they seem to work well..

Im curious about the real heavy pellets or even the slug style pellets they have. Only concern is the magazine on my BT65 not liking them.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:40 pm 

The JSB King Heavy MKII (33.95 gr) will be another good choice !!

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:27 am 

Jesse0876 wrote:
The JSB King Heavy MKII (33.95 gr) will be another good choice !!

I seen these online but never tried them.. I would love to do some testing with them.. :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:43 pm 

I have a Hatsan 25 cal that has only a few hundred rounds through it so far and decided to try 6 shots each of these 5 different pellets. I like the AA Diabolo best and second is a toss up between the Kodiac 31.02 and JBS Diabolo exact kings 33.95
What do you think?

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 198.6 KiB | Viewed 400 times ]

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:45 pm 

Can't fit them all in the same picture.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 271.51 KiB | Viewed 400 times ]

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:01 pm 

I think you need to sight in your scope :lol:

I really like the FX 25.4s, but no help - I can't find them any more.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:18 am 

Where do you source your pellets from? I'm in Calgary and so far can only find online and shipping seems to be killer!

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:44 am 

Nothing wrong with my scope I was looking for a pellet that would group so I could sight it in. (This is a new gun with about 300 pellets down the pipe.)That was what this was all about,finding a good pellet. I chose the AA Diabolo and can shoot hole in hole with that one where as the Benjamin pellets are all over the board. I get my pellets from air gun source.com , one word.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:23 pm 

Cougar wrote:
I have a Hatsan 25 cal that has only a few hundred rounds through it so far and decided to try 6 shots each of these 5 different pellets. I like the AA Diabolo best and second is a toss up between the Kodiac 31.02 and JBS Diabolo exact kings 33.95
What do you think?

Hey Cougar, I find the JSB are the best out of my BT65. . the H&N Barracudas ( beeman Kodiaks) are ok but they scatter more , I think it's because they're long and they protrude past the magazine... at 70 yards I can hit apples and smaller targets with them so they're not too bad.. today I was doing some penetration tests.. at 70 yards it went 3/4 way through a new 2x6.. I dont have the power maxed out on the rifle either.. it's currently at 68-70 ft /lbs 8)

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:03 pm 

For me it's s toss up between the AA and the JBS and your right the beeman are just a bit too long. when you seat them properly in the mag they stick out enough to cause problems. The Benjamin were all over the board.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:27 am 

Cougar wrote:
For me it's s toss up between the AA and the JBS and your right the beeman are just a bit too long. when you seat them properly in the mag they stick out enough to cause problems. The Benjamin were all over the board.

I have a shipment of the new 33.95gr JSB MKII Heavies coming to try .. Ill report back once ive tested them out in the BT65. 8)

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:06 am 

Pete, when I first got into .25 cal, I bought every kind of pellet I could, except the non-lead lightweights.... a total of 17 different pellets from 17 to 43 gr.... As is typical, the most consistently accurate were the 25.4 gr. JSB Kings.... Their new 34 gr. King Heavy Mk.II's are also very good, if you have the power to drive them.... If you are working with a PCP at 50 FPE or less, stick with the 25 gr....

Some guys have success with the H&N Baracudas, and a few with the Benjamin Domes.... and often the Korean guns shoot EunJin's OK.... The Polymag Predators are hit and miss, none of my guns like them, even at 50 yards, but I have heard some guys rave about them....

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:21 am 

Haven't tried them at any range yet, only 20 yards, but the 51gr. BT's from NOE - rstern's design, shoot a short oblong hole for 5 shots. Hope they work, just received and cast up a bunch form the 4-cavity mould of that design. My other NOE (Sterne) mould casts one HP and one FN, however the HP peg can be turned around to case 2 FN's. As well, the peg can be adjusted in depth to change the depth of the hole, which will be an expansion control method.
Polymags shoot as well in my condor - at least to 20yards, as do JSB exacts and H&N Barracuda 31.02gr. slightly pointy RN's.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:46 am 

rsterne wrote:
Pete, when I first got into .25 cal, I bought every kind of pellet I could, except the non-lead lightweights.... a total of 17 different pellets from 17 to 43 gr.... As is typical, the most consistently accurate were the 25.4 gr. JSB Kings.... Their new 34 gr. King Heavy Mk.II's are also very good, if you have the power to drive them.... If you are working with a PCP at 50 FPE or less, stick with the 25 gr....

Some guys have success with the H&N Baracudas, and a few with the Benjamin Domes.... and often the Korean guns shoot EunJin's OK.... The Polymag Predators are hit and miss, none of my guns like them, even at 50 yards, but I have heard some guys rave about them....

Bob

Bob my BT65 will do 80FPE on full power... im sure thats enough to push the MKII's.. the Baracudas are ok at 50 yards but start opening up in my gun at 70and beyond. i can still hit popcan size targets at 70 yards with them but for hunting thats not good enough.. WHen the MKII's come in ill test them thoroughly... as for eun jin pellets, I never had luck with them in anything.. we used them back when there wasnt any other heavy pellet around for chrony tests and getting FPE numbers.. they'er hard as hell so they penetrate wood real good, thats pretty much all theyre good for lol.. i remember blasting through 2x4s with my QB 78 on HPA with 32gr EunJins like 10 years ago or so.. it was the only pellet that would make it through a 2x4 8)

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:55 pm 

the JSB King Heavy MKII arrived today. The sure look nice, they fit the BT65 magazine perfect and dont protrude at all.. I didnt get a chance to see how they group but I ran a bunch of shots over the chrony.. average was 910 fps which works out to roughly 62FPE.. . not to bad.. I know theres more in the rifle but I think im going to leave it..

Ill try and get some groupings with them on Friday if the weather permits..