Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Scope mount.
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 pm
Posts: 852
Location: Meaford, Ont.
My Hatsan 35S and my Ruger Airhawk when I use 11mm rings the scope goes up on an angle and it drives me nuts. Is their a different size rail. I have even tried a one piece 11mm mount and it does the same thing. They make a 16mm scope rings, is that the size to striaten it up? Am I missing something? Scope sits proper it is just not eye pleasing to me when I look at it off kilter. Same rings sit proper on my Crosman airgun that has a much deeper scope rail.

I do plan on buying a top rated Airgun and if the scope does that on a five to six hundred dollar airgun I would not be a happy camper.


CHEERS!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scope mount.
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2829
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
wheeliehd wrote:
My Hatsan 35S and my Ruger Airhawk when I use 11mm rings the scope goes up on an angle and it drives me nuts. Is their a different size rail. I have even tried a one piece 11mm mount and it does the same thing. They make a 16mm scope rings, is that the size to striaten it up? Am I missing something? Scope sits proper it is just not eye pleasing to me when I look at it off kilter. Same rings sit proper on my Crosman airgun that has a much deeper scope rail.

I do plan on buying a top rated Airgun and if the scope does that on a five to six hundred dollar airgun I would not be a happy camper.


CHEERS!


Did you unscrew the scope stop?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scope mount.
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 pm
Posts: 852
Location: Meaford, Ont.
leadslinger wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:
My Hatsan 35S and my Ruger Airhawk when I use 11mm rings the scope goes up on an angle and it drives me nuts. Is their a different size rail. I have even tried a one piece 11mm mount and it does the same thing. They make a 16mm scope rings, is that the size to striaten it up? Am I missing something? Scope sits proper it is just not eye pleasing to me when I look at it off kilter. Same rings sit proper on my Crosman airgun that has a much deeper scope rail.

I do plan on buying a top rated Airgun and if the scope does that on a five to six hundred dollar airgun I would not be a happy camper.


CHEERS!


Did you unscrew the scope stop?

What is that going to do? Had it off on Hatsan but put it back on. Never took it off the Airhawk.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scope mount.
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2829
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
wheeliehd wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:
My Hatsan 35S and my Ruger Airhawk when I use 11mm rings the scope goes up on an angle and it drives me nuts. Is their a different size rail. I have even tried a one piece 11mm mount and it does the same thing. They make a 16mm scope rings, is that the size to striaten it up? Am I missing something? Scope sits proper it is just not eye pleasing to me when I look at it off kilter. Same rings sit proper on my Crosman airgun that has a much deeper scope rail.

I do plan on buying a top rated Airgun and if the scope does that on a five to six hundred dollar airgun I would not be a happy camper.


CHEERS!


Did you unscrew the scope stop?

What is that going to do? Had it off on Hatsan but put it back on. Never took it off the Airhawk.



No on the rings.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scope mount.
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 pm
Posts: 852
Location: Meaford, Ont.
Using good weaver rings. Does not seem to make a difference what I put on the two of them. Tried about 4 different sets of rings. Airhawk had to have higher rings as I was seeing shadows of the fibre optics with the rings it came with. Maybe when I look at the rings I will tilt my head and they will look totally horizontal. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scope mount.
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 10:59 pm
Posts: 122
Location: Halifax,Nova Scotia
can you post me a picture here and pm over some measurements i can see if i can whip something up on the lathe and mill for ya

_________________
Better To Have a gun and not need it
Than to need a gun and not have it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scope mount.
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 pm
Posts: 852
Location: Meaford, Ont.
Thanks Scotian for the offer. I can deal with the little lean on the rings. Just bought a Baikal MP53 target pistol off Gunnutz as my spring gun pistol.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO