Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Cp-1m pistol
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:39 pm 

The CP1 is 11.96 mm it would be a very thin convertor or the xman barrel could be shimmed bigger , and then turned down to the correct size. And a matching bolt for the desired caliber would need to be made .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:24 pm 

Just shot a 7 shot group. Only 20 feet but my red dot is too large, crosshairs cover the target, so I thought this was all right. Loads the jsb 15.89 grain fairly well now, guess it's getting broke in.
I put a very short review on the forum as well. It really needs a trigger adjustment and 2nd stage mod, will have to work on that next!ImageImage

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:07 am 

After a very long time I now have the .22 version as well as the .177.

The .22 package was mauled pretty badly by customs, ends flopping open, held loosely by yellow customs tape. I ordered some oddball European pellets as well, just to have them, and tins were missing....the ones I did get looked like they fell out the end of the package multiple times. Dented tins, damaged skirts, etc.
As well, they mistakenly hit me with duty on an under $200.00 item because I think they mistook the Polish Zlotty dollar figure as CAD, but who really knows with those folks.

The pistol itself was correct (checkering, R.H. bolt, magazine) and the wood is darker than my .177. Fit and finish are excellent for this grade of pistol, no complaints.

It holds CO2 and shoots, that's all I've had time for so far.

Dealing with the shop in Poland is hit or miss...some emails answered, some not, and a bit of a language barrier. The emails about VAT tax seemed to fall on deaf ears for example.

If your package is shipped " economy" for any reason, it's coming by boat and will probably be 2 to 3 months....and come through Quebec (St Lawrence canal I guess is where it comes in). Regular shipping was fine, 7-10 days.Air.

To be honest, I've had items arrive from Russia, China, England, and Netherlands with less headache, but what can you do :), you pay your money and take your chances because it's not like anyone is selling them locally.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:33 am 

Glad it arrived! Sorry it had to be such a trial and hassle though. It really is a shame no one isq selling these here. Kinda crazy actually. Great guns!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:10 am 

wesb2007 wrote:
Glad it arrived! Sorry it had to be such a trial and hassle though. It really is a shame no one isq selling these here. Kinda crazy actually. Great guns!

I lost an entire paragraph on my last post. I use an Asus Predator tablet occasionally and its a pile of junk.

I dont remember exactly but it was alluding to the fact (to be fair) I've had even worse troubles ordering stuff locally sometimes :) Just luck of the draw.

All is well that ends well I guess.

I could see a market for the entire line of pistols, as well as the CO2 and PCP rifles this company makes. How MUCH of a market is the question.

If you already own a business and can deal with China properly it may be worth it to import the line, but you can also lose your shirt by overestimating the demand, getting stuck with inventory (dead money), support \ repair costs which will be a nightmare and so on and so forth. Then of course you need minimum quantity special manufacturing runs to produce product with no "silencer" or under 500fps and all that other pure nonsense.

Then you've got the "Canada" problem where even many U.S. companies just cant be bothered dealing with our bureaucracy and flatly refuse to ship to us.

Eric over at scopes & Ammo put up a post just a little while ago saying he was getting out of the gun selling business and just going to small parts. I would have to think money is the issue...the sales just arent there.

Even Archer in the U.S., the Chinese air gun Mecca has a much reduced lineup these days from what I can see. Especially now the big boys are moving in to the low end market. Look at Pyramid and the cheap Wildfire, etc etc. $130 bucks U.S. for a PCP LoL.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:31 am 

From your experiences, I've made all the required efforts to communicate with and finally order a CP-1M in .177cal from Silesia Shop in Poland. This was not as simple as placing an on-line order with Pyramyd for example.
I've been tracking almost daily since it left Poland via Air Cargo a week or so ago. My package in now in Canada and being 'processed by CBSA' (that's Customs) somewhere in Mississauga, ON). I have no idea how long it usually would take to inspect and process such an item arriving from Poland... :roll:
I am hopeful it will soon get sent over to Canada Post for delivery to its final destination.
Since ITGUY has gotten his (.177cal rated 500fps and a .22cal rated 400fps) through the 'federal bureaucracy' I remain patiently waiting..since there's not much more I can do at this point.

Hawk-i

KRAL Puncher .177
S.A.G AR2078-B Match .177
Weihrauch HW50S .117
FAS 6004
Webley Hurricane
Weihrauch HW45 SS .22
Daisy Avanti 747
Artemis PP700S-A
'HAVE GUN. WILL SHOOT'

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:48 am 

Hawk-I wrote:
From your experiences, I've made all the required efforts to communicate with and finally order a CP-1M in .177cal from Silesia Shop in Poland. This was not as simple as placing an on-line order with Pyramyd for example.
I've been tracking almost daily since it left Poland via Air Cargo a week or so ago. My package in now in Canada and being 'processed by CBSA' (that's Customs) somewhere in Mississauga, ON). I have no idea how long it usually would take to inspect and process such an item arriving from Poland... :roll:
I am hopeful it will soon get sent over to Canada Post for delivery to its final destination.
Since ITGUY has gotten his (.177cal rated 500fps and a .22cal rated 400fps) through the 'federal bureaucracy' I remain patiently waiting..since there's not much more I can do at this point.

Hawk-i

This is what the order of events should look like:(reverse order). keep in mind I have not had both calibers come through both Quebec and Ontario. A lot may also depend on the particular agent, however i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

2017/08/31 00:20 SCARBOROUGH, ON Item processed
2017/08/30 17:43 MISSISSAUGA, ON In transit What is this
2017/08/30 15:32 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item processed
2017/08/30 11:47 MISSISSAUGA, ON International item released from Customs for processing by Canada Post
2017/08/27 16:46 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item has been presented to Canada Border Services Agency for customs review.
2017/08/27 16:44 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.

2017/08/22 14:06 PLXXXXX,Poland International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada
2017/08/22 08:10 PLXXXXX,Poland International item processed in originating country
2017/08/17 17:30 PLXXXXX,Poland International item mailed in originating country

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:32 pm 

Nice, that went through quickly for you in that case. Mine took pretty much two weeks in customs. Like you say, it probably depends on the agent etc.
All the best to you Rick, hope you get yours soon!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:36 pm 

It does look like airgun sales must be pretty slow here in Canada. I was talking with an airgun retailer here and they have plans to bring in the CP2 carbine/pistols from the US seller, but need to get RCMP approval first on the guns. So if snow peak underestimated their fps on the long barrel we might be out of luck on those, though I'm hoping not. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:55 pm 

ITGUY wrote:
Hawk-I wrote:

Hawk-i

This is what the order of events should look like:(reverse order). keep in mind I have not had both calibers come through both Quebec and Ontario. A lot may also depend on the particular agent, however i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

2017/08/31 00:20 SCARBOROUGH, ON Item processed
2017/08/30 17:43 MISSISSAUGA, ON In transit What is this
2017/08/30 15:32 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item processed
2017/08/30 11:47 MISSISSAUGA, ON International item released from Customs for processing by Canada Post
2017/08/27 16:46 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item has been presented to Canada Border Services Agency for customs review.
2017/08/27 16:44 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.

2017/08/22 14:06 PLXXXXX,Poland International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada
2017/08/22 08:10 PLXXXXX,Poland International item processed in originating country
2017/08/17 17:30 PLXXXXX,Poland International item mailed in originating country

Well...well...ITGUY, it looks like my shipment was trailing yours by only one day out of Poland. My CP Tracking indicated that Silesia Shop shipped on the 23rd of August and arrived in Canada (same Mississauga International Postal treatment facility) on August 28 and Handed over to CBSA for Customs Review the same day in the afternoon.
Now it is stuck in that same status since 8 days. :cry:
Hawk-i

KRAL Puncher .177
S.A.G AR2078-B Match .177
Weihrauch HW50S .117
FAS 6004
Webley Hurricane
Weihrauch HW45 SS .22
Daisy Avanti 747
Artemis PP700S-A
'HAVE GUN. WILL SHOOT'

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:35 pm 

I don't want to say anything that would jinx you, so I will simply wish you the best!

To anyone else reading this...who needs to go to Vegas?? This type of gambling is just as much fun!