Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:48 pm 

I'm looking for the seal on the spring plunger actually. I have a cut in mine and the spring is bent so can anyone tell me where I can get those parts?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:33 am 

https://store.onlinecamp.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:34 pm 

In case you don't have it the part # for the seal is B18-04-1A and Gravel Agency is another place.
The part # for the spring I'm not sure, but the full power spring is B18-00-4D. Pretty much all the springs are bent, often in more that one direction but they still work. It's really about how much they've settled and how much power was lost. So if your spring doesn't have all that much use then a new spring will likely not be any better, unless you get a stronger one but then you run into the legal issue if you break 500fps.

The seals all have that damage which is from the sharp edges of the stamped cut outs in the tube, so you need to remove those sharp edges or it'll just do the same to the new seal.
If interested you may be able to sand the damage away. I always sand the seal as part of a tune to net free power and make it a smoother shooter, and usually the damaged spots are removed in the process, if not I just sand a new seal. The pix is an example of two new seals, one untouched, one sanded .033" off the face. How much you can sand off varies from gun to gun and the seals themselves vary too so each is different. If you sand too far it'll harm the gun, maybe even ruin it, so if you want to try it I can explain in detail what to be careful with.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:08 am 

Tube cut outs, I assume you are referring to the slot on the bottom or is there other places? A bit of guidance on how to take the edges off things I would appreciate. Thanks for the numbers I think I'll pick up a couple of seals.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:29 pm 

Yes the stamp cut slots and holes for the cocking linkage and trigger etc.
email me at chevota at hotmail and I'll send you a tuning guide with pix and details on all that and much more

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:25 pm 

I ordered the parts numbers you listed thanks very much for your help.