Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:26 pm 

Received my mainspring today and also received a new seal.

Attachments:
P1000017 (1024x534).jpg
P1000017 (1024x534).jpg [ 422.7 KiB | Viewed 498 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:11 pm 

Where where did you get that seal, and how much?
I'd assume you're aware of how the oem seal got trashed, but if not then please don't install the new one until you fix the gun.
I or others can explain what needs to be done, and if you're interested I also mod my seals a bit to bump power and reduce the violent reverse recoil, info I'll gladly share. Somewhere here I posted a pix of a Diana seal I modded, and the mod actually fixed the oem damage. Point being you might want to try it on the old seal, but at the very least I'd save the old seal b/c you or someone with a lesser quality gun may want it. eg a Remington Express or misc Ruger guns could bennie from it, which is why I asked about where and how much a new one is b/c so far I've not found a better one than the oem Diana.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:45 pm 

Thanks Chevota, I was actually just looking to buy a replacement spring for my ten year old 350, they told me the spring would be covered under warranty so I said great send me a spring please.
The process was started last year, they had none in stock, so I had to wait, I almost gave up, then I got Diana involved about two weeks ago, they got the ball rolling again and I finally received the spring.
About the seal, I did not need a new seal, they sent it with the spring for free, I guess they come together. This one I will keep as a spare as the one in the rifle now is good.
Thanks for the offer on the info, it is greatly appreciated. You sent me info on the Np2 rifle which was very helpful.
My 350 is shooting well, back to full power, about 21fpe in .177, I am having fun shooting it again.
I received the spring and seal from Blue Line Studios in BC which is Diana's distributor in Canada.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:16 pm 

That is one sexy spring !

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:54 pm 

I don't know about sexy ha, but it is working good.