Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:56 pm 

Hey guys,

I'm just getting into airgun and I've dusted off a old crosman 795 that I had from when I was a child.
I bought some target and I'm really having fun shooting this rifle but I would like to also have a break barrel pistol to be more portable and stay co2 free.
I'm looking for a pistol that is not too loud and is accurate.

I've read about the beeman p17 but I'm kinda scared to get one that isnt working properly since some people had issue with the one they got.

I'm from Quebec and I'm thinking of ordering it from canadianshootingsupply since it will be around $65 CAD shipped and this would be around my budjet.

What do you guys think?

If you have any suggestion it would be appreciated.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:21 pm 

Welcome here!
Im from Quebec also. I never use this shop, but I use frequently replicaairguns.ca. This is safe and great services.
I dont know the beeman P17, but it seem to be great.

I like the 9XP (Glock replica), and the Sig P226. My top one is the Berreta Desert Storm special edition, but it is over 200$.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:01 am 

Greetings!
Go for it!
Great gun!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:10 am 

You get what you pay for.

I suggest you look up that gun on pyramid air, a U.S. website, and read the customer reviews before you buy, then make up your mind.

I personally do not do business any longer with Replica Air Guns. Two bad experiences with items ordered, being out of stock although the website said they were in stock, and my credit card being charged instantly, in one case for over $700.00, then two weeks to get a refund.

EDIT: there is a Gamo PT-85 for sale just down the page from a person I have done business with before. I would suggest you snap it up before I do..... CO2 is cheap and no pumping.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:38 am 

I bought a P17 from canadianshootingsupply as it was the cheapest I found. I didn't hang on to it as am a tryer and seller but it was excellent and it seems many people start with that so as my late friend says, great gun - go for it! Cocking it can be a bit of a work out when it is new and be careful it doesn't bite your fingers!
That retailer was also great to deal with and (sadly) I also avoid RAG now due to a messed up order recently.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:23 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

The P17 is a great gun, can't beat it for the money. I think a lot of the problems people had were when they first came out, that was a long time ago. Even if you have issues with it, the main issue is usually o-rings, which cost a few cents to replace.

I have never really liked the Glock type, or other replica CO2 guns. Sold most of mine off except a few blowbacks that feel cool to shoot. They usually have long trigger travel. The trigger on the P17 is much better.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:15 pm 

CO2 guns are good, I like the semi-auto or full auto where it can't be found with break-barrel or pump action guns.

But what I don't like the CO2 guns is FPS too low, power too weak, range too short...

I don't like the Replicaairguns neither now... same said in stock item let me wait for about a month to be delivered. The CSR is okay, my emails got replied everytime (not instanly tho), and it looks they were really working to get your item shipped... but I think it can tell me it's a bavk order or out of stock before I planned to buy it...

通过我的 SGH-I337M 上的 Tapatalk发言

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:43 pm 

Oh, and are the Crosman American Classics break barrel pistols? How about that?

Sent from my SGH-I337M's Tapatalk

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:58 pm 

Thanks a lot for all your answer guys it's really appreciated!

YepYep wrote:

Would it be better than the p17?
It's currently for sale at 75$ at canadian tire.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:35 pm 

vitaloz wrote:

YepYep wrote:

Welcome!
The p17 is a single-pump pistol. Rather than pumping once for ~400 fps on the P17, you must pump the rather large classic 7-9 times. Pumping gets pretty tiresome; if not physically, then in the tedium of having to go through the routine for every single shot). The P17 is a great starter gun, as is the Crosman 2240. The latter shoots around 440-450 on C02, and it is extremely easy to work on and has lots of modification options (Search 2240 on this forum to see what other members have done with theirs). Either way, the standing rule is every airgunner should own at least one P17 and one 2240 :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:27 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:

Welcome!
The p17 is a single-pump pistol. Rather than pumping once for ~400 fps on the P17, you must pump the rather large classic 7-9 times. Pumping gets pretty tiresome; if not physically, then in the tedium of having to go through the routine for every single shot). The P17 is a great starter gun, as is the Crosman 2240. The latter shoots around 440-450 on C02, and it is extremely easy to work on and has lots of modification options (Search 2240 on this forum to see what other members have done with theirs). Either way, the standing rule is every airgunner should own at least one P17 and one 2240 :)

Thanks! I will buy the 2240 later this year, maybe around Christmas. Is there a lot of risk in buying it used?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:20 pm 

vitaloz wrote:

YepYep wrote:

I dont know.. I am new in air guns, and my first one was the MP5, then I sticked to the CO2 guns... and maybe it's too many choices for the newbies in now a days, I never think about buying a P17 or the 2240 yet...lol

I just started buying replicated guns based on the real one I like... then I now start buying the pellet version of the replicated guns for a better accurcy and hitting power...

the American Classic I just know it because its famous, but I never touch it... for the pump guns (break barrel,single pumps, PCP etc), I will buy it in the future for sure, but would be the rifles only, for the long range accuracy (with a scope)...

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:27 pm 

vitaloz wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:

Welcome!

Thanks! I will buy the 2240 later this year, maybe around Christmas. Is there a lot of risk in buying it used?

Not here. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:01 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
vitaloz wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:

Welcome!

Not here. 8)

I couldn't make my mind ao I bought both the p17 and the 2240. I will keep the 2240 stock for now but will mod it later this year.

Do you guys know any scope and red dot That will fit both? Also, do I have to buy anything special for the 2240 in order to use a scope on it? I know that the p17 is already ready for a red dot or a scope.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:41 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

vitaloz wrote:
Also, do I have to buy anything special for the 2240 in order to use a scope on it?

Thanks

A steel breech .
http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/pro ... -kit-p-196
https://www.dlairgun.com/Accessories/Cr ... h_Kit.html?

OR

Pistol intermount adapter ( They are not very strong )
http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/pro ... pter-p-108
https://www.dlairgun.com/Mounts/Crosman ... 59MTC.html?