Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:40 pm 

So, a few months ago i ordered an adapter to mount a weaver on a dovetail airguns mount, but i have later heard that ordering things that connect to a gun from overseas is against the law.... and the thing that for the last few weeks i haven't received any other overseas packages, even though some were supposed to arrive a month ago... does this have any relation to ordering an adapter, like is canada customs going though all my mail or something....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:47 pm 

Where you ordered from is what's important.

Importing most gun stuff into Canada is no big deal. Pay the duties and taxes and that's it. Some items are controlled, like frames and receivers.

Exporting from the US is a whole different matter.

J

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:48 pm 

Its only US to Canada that seems to be an issue, And depends on the part really.

Ive been finding ordering from China been real slow. I only really now order from Amazon and I make sure its sold by amazon.

The adapter wouldnt be held by customs for anything. Probably just lost or still on its way.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:01 pm 

https:/
leadslinger wrote:
Its only US to Canada that seems to be an issue, And depends on the part really.
Ive been finding ordering from China been real slow. I only really now order from Amazon and I make sure its sold by amazon.

The adapter wouldn't be held by customs for anything. Probably just lost or still on its way.
/

I ordered from china and it was just an adapter - goo.gl/kLEYAN
Something like that

-i probably messed up the quoting... but...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:29 pm 

It will take time, if it's not in air mails, maybe you will need to wait one to two months or longer... it depends...
But since you have been waiting for such a long time, I think you have to keep on waiting for a longer time as it won't be in the air mail tho....

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:31 pm 

Other than the 500 fps thing with actual gubs, the main issue is the US is not allowed to send us optics.
If you have ordered from an Amazon or Ebay seller, it will take weeks (months...) to arrive. I have ordered loads of things like this, I think my record was 4 months. I usually give them 6-8 weeks then complain about it and they will usually send another one for free so (eventually...) you end up with two. I think going on 2 months is more than enough time even for snail mail from China so I don't get too upset if I get duplicates gratis.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:07 pm 

I have ordered from China and it's taken over 80 days to get here...Phileas Fogg wins.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:39 pm 

Did ordered from China to and receiving good's range betwen 2 week's to 2 month's and a half... :?

Glock G17 6mm
SW M'n'P 40, Crosman 357 6'', SA 1911 TRS
Brodax 44, M1911A1 twin barrel 6mm.
M1911 Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa6mm, M1911 twin Hi-Capa
H'n'K USP. DT4 Nemesis 6mm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:56 pm 

i ussally order of ebay and have had good luck other than the odd thing lost in shipping but if youre ordering trigger groups or recivers somtimes barrels their might be some red flags at the border

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:05 pm 

. Free shipping
Ebay items from China are much slower than a few years ago . I believe that the item gets to Vancouver in reasonable time
but the problem is that CP does not have enough manpower to sort and move out the large quantities of ebay purchases quickly
so the slowdown starts in Canada. Those from Hong Kong tend to be moved out quicker for some reason.

Don't bother contacting seller after expected delivery date-they can't do anything to speed it up.They may offer refund but hope you will repay for it after receipt. In fairness, give it 90 days or epacket in future from sellers that offer this or choose shipping extra option.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:32 pm 

I agree with everyone else's comments. Do you want a scope mount for $4.15 shipped from China and wait at least 2-3 months or you want to spend $15. from Amazon.ca which mount is already in Canada and get the same mount in 2-3 days? I could not wait this time so after a month waiting I got one from Amazon.ca Warehouse. When China one arrives I will have a spare. CHEERS!