Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:36 pm
Posts: 66
Location: SE La., USA
TCooper wrote:
Here is a bit more info if you like reading about the HW40/P3 and P17.

Comparison - topic33212.html?hilit=Beeman P17

My old HW40 Reivew - http://web.archive.org/web/201605081459 ... eview.html

Unfortunately the pics won't show up in the review unless you download the review from the archive site. I lost my web site quite some time ago but this archive space still has it stored... but with a few glitches.


Todd,

Thanks so much for all of your informative data and your comparative accuracy findings! Seems the P17 is a reliable and virtually exact clone of the venerable P3\HW40! Well, If accuracy can't be improved upon (have my P17 trigger pull at 15oz., see 8-17-17 post on pg.2), then who needs a P3\HW40!! 8)

Ted

_________________
RIFLE:
Benjamin Titan XS .177
PISTOLS:
Benjamin Trail NP .177
Umarex Trevox .177
Beeman P17 .177's (2)
Beeman P3 .177
Bear River BOA .177 (2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:36 pm
Posts: 66
Location: SE La., USA
Still having fun with the P17. Been getting consistent 1" single hand hold groupings and .200 to .250" supported groupings at 10M. Even had one 4-shot group "same hole" (about .100 C to C), then pulled shot #5.. :x ..still need plenty practice!

Was contemplating a P3 purchase (looking for a good used deal), but instead ordered another P17 for just $33 delivered! I'm going to perform [on the least-accurate P17] more trigger modifications (polish sear surfaces, reduce pre-travel, set trigger spring pull to 1# break), install new HBNR o-rings, relube with Super Lube syn. grease, debur cylinder if needed and eventually, install Dan's CA accessory found HERE !

I'm sure the P3 would be ready & nice out-of-the-box, but can get "7" P17's with Equal Accuracy for the price of one P3 !!! ;)

Ted

_________________
RIFLE:
Benjamin Titan XS .177
PISTOLS:
Benjamin Trail NP .177
Umarex Trevox .177
Beeman P17 .177's (2)
Beeman P3 .177
Bear River BOA .177 (2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:08 pm
Posts: 1015
Location: niagara region.
hey guys. after reading all the posts on the beeman p17. I was thinking of buying one. (like I need another gun lol.) but probly will. any way I have a question. I wen;t to the gun show in st. Catharines last night and mr. marvin was there. I haven't seen one of these guns yet but he had one. it looked smaller than the pics I;ve seen. it didn't have fiber optic sights just normal sights. is this an older model . any way he said sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't and he wanted $50 bucks for it. I told him you can get a new one that probably always works for almost the same price maybe when they go on sale.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:36 pm
Posts: 66
Location: SE La., USA
pete wrote:
hey guys. after reading all the posts on the beeman p17. I was thinking of buying one. (like I need another gun lol.) but probly will. any way I have a question. I wen;t to the gun show in st. Catharines last night and mr. marvin was there. I haven't seen one of these guns yet but he had one. it looked smaller than the pics I;ve seen. it didn't have fiber optic sights just normal sights. is this an older model . any way he said sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't and he wanted $50 bucks for it. I told him you can get a new one that probably always works for almost the same price maybe when they go on sale.


Hi Pete,

For the price and performance factors, the P17 is a great buy, believe you'd enjoy it!

Not sure if Iron Sights are available anymore, but these on-line in-stock P17's at AM and B.O. at PA and AGD are all fiber optic and can be had for $33 to $40 (shipping included)!

Don't know what you might find at local B&M sporting goods stores (or from unknown used units), but those mentioned above are currently Good Deals with New Warranties!! :mrgreen:

Good Luck,

Ted

_________________
RIFLE:
Benjamin Titan XS .177
PISTOLS:
Benjamin Trail NP .177
Umarex Trevox .177
Beeman P17 .177's (2)
Beeman P3 .177
Bear River BOA .177 (2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:08 pm
Posts: 1015
Location: niagara region.
Theo98 wrote:
pete wrote:
hey guys. after reading all the posts on the beeman p17. I was thinking of buying one. (like I need another gun lol.) but probly will. any way I have a question. I wen;t to the gun show in st. Catharines last night and mr. marvin was there. I haven't seen one of these guns yet but he had one. it looked smaller than the pics I;ve seen. it didn't have fiber optic sights just normal sights. is this an older model . any way he said sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't and he wanted $50 bucks for it. I told him you can get a new one that probably always works for almost the same price maybe when they go on sale.


Hi Pete,

For the price and performance factors, the P17 is a great buy, believe you'd enjoy it!

Not sure if Iron Sights are available anymore, but these on-line in-stock P17's at AM and B.O. at PA and AGD are all fiber optic and can be had for $33 to $40 (shipping included)!

Don't know what you might find at local B&M sporting goods stores (or from unknown used units), but those mentioned above are currently Good Deals with New Warranties!! :mrgreen:

Good Luck,
hi t thanks. and wow $29.99 for a beeman p17. ohhh to live in the states. you can't get much here in Canada for $29.99. well maybe the wrangler jeans I bought at Walmart today. a p17 will likely be double that here.
Ted


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:53 pm 
Offline
Site Moderator

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:25 am
Posts: 3432
Location: Ontario, Canada
Hey Pete... You can order a P17 from PA but the shipping quote is $24USd. Let's do some math. A $30USd pistol with $24USd shipping is $54 USd. Add some exchange and you're probably around $65-$70 Cdn. You may or may not get hit with another 13% for tax.

It looks like you can get them for $65 in Canada (from Canadian dealer).
http://www.trail-marker.com/beeman-p17/dp/105

Better yet.... $49.99 in Canada.
http://www.canadashootingsupply.ca/beem ... istol.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:08 pm
Posts: 1015
Location: niagara region.
hi t. ya I figured adding everything in it would work out to roughly the same as a Canadian one on sale somewhere. I saw those ones you mentioned. I;m not in a real rush but do love getting packages in the mail.thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:35 pm 
Offline
Site Moderator

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:25 am
Posts: 3432
Location: Ontario, Canada
pete wrote:
hi t. ya I figured adding everything in it would work out to roughly the same as a Canadian one on sale somewhere. I saw those ones you mentioned. I;m not in a real rush but do love getting packages in the mail.thanks.


I don't think you will get much better than $50Cdn for a new P17 in Canada. They were $100Cdn when Canadian Tire sold them. I think I paid about $40USd for mine and thought it was a good deal back in 2010.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 pm
Posts: 850
Location: Meaford, Ont.
Got a Beeman P17 coming tomorrow from Canada Shooting Supply. Hopefully it is not to loud and I can shoot it at my trailer where presently I just shoot a couple airsoft spring pistols daily because of quietness. All you hear is the ping of the plastic ball going in the metal pellet trap. Hardly needed another pistol but oh well got another coming anyways.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:27 am
Posts: 1108
Location: Thunder Bay,On.
Gun looks interesting but am wondering if it is durable considering the materials used for its construction.Especially where the metal piston arm connects to the pump handle.Looks like the plastic could snap with frequent use.Other than that it seems like a good gun.If its durable.......I want one.One pump instead of clacking away on the 1377/22's :D

_________________
The cave you fear to enter....holds the treasure you seek


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:36 pm
Posts: 66
Location: SE La., USA
MyCrosman wrote:
Gun looks interesting but am wondering if it is durable considering the materials used for its construction.Especially where the metal piston arm connects to the pump handle.Looks like the plastic could snap with frequent use.Other than that it seems like a good gun.If its durable.......I want one.One pump instead of clacking away on the 1377/22's :D


The Beeman P17 polymer frame material feels like my Glock19 9mm...very solid, durable and lightweight!

So far, have never read or heard of any issues with the this synthetic grip material failing in any situation.

Ted

_________________
RIFLE:
Benjamin Titan XS .177
PISTOLS:
Benjamin Trail NP .177
Umarex Trevox .177
Beeman P17 .177's (2)
Beeman P3 .177
Bear River BOA .177 (2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:00 pm 
Offline
Site Moderator

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:25 am
Posts: 3432
Location: Ontario, Canada
MyCrosman wrote:
Gun looks interesting but am wondering if it is durable considering the materials used for its construction.Especially where the metal piston arm connects to the pump handle.Looks like the plastic could snap with frequent use.Other than that it seems like a good gun.If its durable.......I want one.One pump instead of clacking away on the 1377/22's :D


I have had my HW40 for over 18 years and my P17 for over 7 years. The 40 has seen well over 20,000 shots with no problems at the pivot point. The 17 has seen lots of use without any frame problems either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 pm
Posts: 850
Location: Meaford, Ont.
Got my Beeman P17 today. Certainly no disappointment in that purchase. It is a shooter. I think it is going to be one of my more used pistols.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:36 pm
Posts: 66
Location: SE La., USA
wheeliehd wrote:
Got my Beeman P17 today. Certainly no disappointment in that purchase. It is a shooter. I think it is going to be one of my more used pistols.


Certainly one of mine, WHD!

Got the 2nd P17 in yesterday & accurized trigger (adjusted trigger's pre-travel screw, tweaked the 1st sear trigger coil spring and lubed all sear\contact points) from a new out-of-the-box 2.5# pull\break & .750" pre travel, to a crisp breaking 1.25# pull with .250" PT. Got 25 rounds through it...Included target shows my best grouping with the FO sights was .1563 C to C (luck-most were at .5 to 1")...still using Hobby 7.0g WC's!

My 1st P17 (have a red dot reflex scope installed) I had accurized to a crisp 15oz pull\break and a short .187" of PT for strictly a target hole puncher. Achieving some .09 to .19 POI success off a rest @10yds with it (same Hobby 7.0g WC).

With these .177 high performers, felt no need to disassemble and polish any sear contact areas or perform any o-ring replacements-yet! Just the above mentioned trigger work is all it took to make these shoot with excellent precision! ;)

Ted


Attachments:
Beeman P17 #2  .177 & FO Sights-RWS Hobby 7.0g WC @ 420fps-.1563 CtoC  5-Shot 10yd Grouping on Rest-Trigger Pull 1.25#.JPG
Beeman P17 #2 .177 & FO Sights-RWS Hobby 7.0g WC @ 420fps-.1563 CtoC 5-Shot 10yd Grouping on Rest-Trigger Pull 1.25#.JPG [ 151.11 KiB | Viewed 236 times ]

_________________
RIFLE:
Benjamin Titan XS .177
PISTOLS:
Benjamin Trail NP .177
Umarex Trevox .177
Beeman P17 .177's (2)
Beeman P3 .177
Bear River BOA .177 (2)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:08 pm
Posts: 1015
Location: niagara region.
well thanks a lot ya bunch of big mouths. just kiddin. I just ordered a beeman p17 from Canada shooting supply. should get it next week sometime. one reason I bought it was so i can shoot it all winter long in my little garage gallery . I usually only buy Crossman premier hollow point pellets from Canadian tire. has any one used them in this gun . and if so do they do okay. thanks for all the reviews. looks good. pete.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO