Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:21 pm 

I bought the KTE kit, so I have my small tin of pointed pellet. It's ok, actually in my .177 pellet air guns, I like to use the Crosman Pointed very well.

Locally, from CT, I bought one can of Hollowpoint. So far so good, obviously it's not able to penetrate as well as the pointed. And I didn't find it as said "can break out while hitting hard object to due serious damages" (of course in this point, Crosman suggested the Piranha). But at least it's accurate enough to hit coke can 60 feet away.

What I really want to try and maybe stick to would be the Ultra Magnum Domed. Said it will be the most accuracy one with longest fly destance and also have great hitting power.

And for the Destroyer, Piranha, there are not many good reviews, and I think I would rather save my money...

And the luxury Gold Tip? Anyone tried it? I heard the tip will be fallen from the pellet before you pick it out form the can...

Any other .22 pellets from other brands is your favor? I want to try some H&N (not H&M clothing right? my wife bought a lot already), Gamo etc, as they have good reputations. But according to my 1322, limited by the shooting environment, I find 5 to 7 pumps will be just what I need. So I don't want to use the heavy pellets, and Crosman lead pellets looks are the lightest lead pellets with 14.3 grains. And usually the H&N, Gamo etc has the weight around 16 to 18 gr or heavier... So, I am not sure if using those pricey pellets will be just a waste in money...

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:41 pm 

RWS Hobby 11 grains pellets (wadcutters) are good too.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:43 pm 

Using JSB heavy in my 2240. Maybe not the cheapest, but as they are used in a number of guns they usually brought in bulks and there is not much point to keep some other pellets just for crosman pistols...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:48 pm 

My 1322 loves the RWS Superdomes 14.5gr. and JSB Exact Diabolo 15.89gr.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:06 pm 

I think the Pirahna pellets have manufacturing issues. I have two tins from two different lots and the heads seem oversize on both of them. Extremely difficult to load them in almost any gun I own.

When it comes to cheap pellets, I've had surprising success with Daisy pointed.

I think because the lead they use is so soft that the skirt blows out nicely to engage the rifling.

Every gun is different though and you have to try a variety of pellets to see what it likes.
JSB is where I usually start.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:52 pm 

So, how you see the gun likes which pellet? more accurate than using other pellets? something like that?!

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:51 pm 

YepYep wrote:
more accurate than using other pellets?

And to be sure it requires shooting paper targets (even if you didn't usually do this). The groups on a paper is the only unbiased thing in measuring accuracy (Unless the groups are of 3 shots and carefully selected :lol: ).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:13 am 

in my opinion cheap pellets suck , i only shoo h and n or rws in my guns ive found my 2250 seems to love h and n sniper lights or ftt greens . ive had nothing but bad luck with crosman and daisy pellets

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:57 am 

I used RSW before for my .177. But afterwards foubd it not well fit for the UX rotary mags and then find Crosman fits better. Then I changed to use Crosman and find it's so far so good and I get find it every where, never have out of stock issues... But I now know why some ppl like to wash the C pellets before use,lol, it's more easily get your finger tip black than other pellets...

I have a can of H&N pointed incoming~ will try it out!

Sent from my SGH-I337M's Tapatalk

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:07 am 

ShurikMur wrote:
YepYep wrote:
more accurate than using other pellets?

And to be sure it requires shooting paper targets (even if you didn't usually do this). The groups on a paper is the only unbiased thing in measuring accuracy (Unless the groups are of 3 shots and carefully selected [emoji38] ).
Yup~ shooting paper target can bring you different kind of fun! But for testing pellets, I think you will need a table, hand rest etc to prevent other factors to affect the result...

I printed out a paper and shot some shots this morning. Obviously the gun is good, pellets are good, but the 2.5 inch grouping of 10 shots from 10 meter far were all caused by my bad aiming eye and the waving body... if with table and rest, it should be with less than 1 inch I think...

Sent from my SGH-I337M's Tapatalk

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:36 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Obviously the gun is good, pellets are good, but the 2.5 inch grouping of 10 shots from 10 meter far were all caused by my bad aiming eye and the...

Don't blame yourself - the result indeed is very close to what a 2240 (1322) usually can do.
Looks like the 2240 is just not heavy enough relative to it's recoil (yes, it does have recoil in comparison to .177 pistols) and that is the case. To achieve better groups it probably requires muzzle brake or something to increase weight.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:37 am 

[quote="ShurikMur"
Don't blame yourself - the result indeed is very close to what a 2240 (1322) usually can do.
Looks like the 2240 is just not heavy enough relative to it's recoil (yes, it does have recoil in comparison to .177 pistols) and that is the case. To achieve better groups it probably requires muzzle brake or something to increase weight.[/quote]

When compares to my other pellet pistols, actually I nearly feel no recoil on the 1322, on my very first shot on this gun, this really surprised me!!

I am ordering a 14" barrel and a muzzle brake, hopefully as you said, the added weight can further lower down the recoil to make it a better accurate gun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender