Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:03 pm 

Glem Chally wrote:
Fair enough I was rude and annoyed. I despise condescending people, I though maybe the airgun community would like to see our limits raised from 4.2ft/lb I get told to get my PAL which I have. Get told you can't hunt without a PAL and that they'll need to change the hunting regs (both untrue).

Then get told to do some research on points he's wrong about, then get told to quit being so lazy and READ after proving him wrong. Yeah I know "big-mouth" is really harsh wording, anyways I won't be needing the support of forum members.

LIke I said, if you ask for more, you can count me in.
There's no reason to keep airguns as firearms unless they're used in a crime.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:06 pm 

I can understand your frustration and also don't like being said I'm lazy and should read when the article linked was exactly what I was referring to, and is what goes against the very NFA article also linked. Thanks for your attempt to do something about the situation either way, I think we all agree here the law as is is stupid and doesn't do anything to prevent crime. Whether the liberals would care if we had a million signatures I doubt, but at least it would get some attention! Trudeau actually has commented on shooting guns as a youngster so maybe he personally might have some sympathy for the reasoning. Who knows! Doing nothing doesn't make things better anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:51 pm 

Getting airguns out of the CC as firearms would be a HUGE leap. For the future of airguns..

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:55 pm 

Can DocGadget or Leadslinger PM me with their name and email if they want in? Need one more sponsor.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:13 am 

Sonic wrote:
Glem Chally wrote:
Big mouth forgot about his earlier misinformation that I stomped on.

What's with the name calling of other members here? You've been on the forum here for a whole three days and you're starting off by insulting members? I don't think you'd get much support for anything you're promoting with an attitude like that. Keep it cool dude...

X2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:32 am 

Yep it's a bummer how discussion on forums can easily lead to frustration and misunderstanding and writing things later regretted. By then those words become immortalized and can't be taken back. I for one hope to work harder on keeping my words civil and to just not say anything if feeling irritated. It never ends well! Here's to hoping we can all learn to give each other the benefit of the doubt and stay friendly, after all we're all on here because we love the sport of air gunning! Have a great day all, and cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:36 am 

Yep it's a bummer how discussion on forums can easily lead to frustration and misunderstanding and writing things later regretted. By then those words become immortalized and can't be taken back. I for one hope to work harder on keeping my words civil and to just not say anything if feeling irritated. It never ends well! Here's to hoping we can all learn to give each other the benefit of the doubt and stay friendly, after all we're all on here because we love the sport of air gunning! Have a great day all, and cheers! Here's hoping we can all pull together and figure out a way to bring more airgun friendly legislation into being someday somehow!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:21 pm 

12 fpe pistols without an Rpal would be cool....that's 854 fps with a 7.4 gr.....punch through soup cans at 200+ feet....Imagine the penetration power at close distances.....which is why "they" will never go for it in Canada.Its ALL about safety......you could put your eye out :roll: ...I WISH they would follow the UK but......apparently Canadians don't have the same gun safety awareness as them...Good luck....here's hopin' they see your(our) point of view....cheers...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:52 pm 

UK actually has a 6fpe limit for pistols. They do however have a more common sense rule that if you convert one to a rifle then it is 12ft lbs limit as long as it remains in that configuration, not like here.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:18 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
UK actually has a 6fpe limit for pistols. They do however have a more common sense rule that if you convert one to a rifle then it is 12ft lbs limit as long as it remains in that configuration, not like here.

OK...thanks for the correction....yep...makes you wonder...it LOOKS like a rifle.....HELD like a rifle but its still a pistol. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:17 pm 

So the 5 supporters will be contacted and respond, then the MP I chose will have a chance to sponsor the petition.

I originally put the link, but it shows email addresses and names. I'll put the link once its submitted, thanks guys!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:02 pm 

Glem Chally wrote:
So the 5 supporters will be contacted and respond, then the MP I chose will have a chance to sponsor the petition.

I originally put the link, but it shows email addresses and names. I'll put the link once its submitted, thanks guys!
Thanks, got it [emoji3]

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:05 pm 

MyCrosman wrote:
wesb2007 wrote:

OK...thanks for the correction....yep...makes you wonder...it LOOKS like a rifle.....HELD like a rifle but its still a pistol. :roll:
Right! It'd be nice if they'd take an honest look at the rules in UK and France and do something similar.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:16 pm 

You Can Have A Hunting Licence In Ontario Even if you don't have a pal.

you can Hunt with a BOW a Crossbow and no pal needed for that.
There was even a time you could hunt with a spear but I think this is not allowed anymore.

P.S. I have done many petition in the last 40 years and little did that do.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:18 pm 

We did a petition to de restricted AR15's. We had over 25,000 signatures ON paper that was mailed to parliament and went no wheres.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next