Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:08 am 

Pretty much need a replacement for Crosman RMCOIL its impossible to get around here and expensive to boot.

How about Traxxas 1666? http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/traxxas-traxxas-1666-silicone-shock-oil-1666/10217005.aspx

I already picked up a couple of these bottles in the city on my last trip, but uncertain as I cannot find a Material safety sheet. Anyone have first hand experience?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:53 am 

Yes. It is an effective and much cheaper substitute. The brand I use is Team Losi Racing. It does not diesel.

I'm not multitasking. I'm doing something else until I remember what I was doing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:06 am 

Td85 wrote:
Pretty much need a replacement for Crosman RMCOIL its impossible to get around here and expensive to boot.

How about Traxxas 1666? http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/traxxas-traxxas-1666-silicone-shock-oil-1666/10217005.aspx

I already picked up a couple of these bottles in the city on my last trip, but uncertain as I cannot find a Material safety sheet. Anyone have first hand experience?

Been using it for years as I was really in to the RC thing a few years ago and the bigger cars have pretty darn large shocks on them now with large reservoirs, so I had quite a few different weights laying around, depending on the damping I required for a particular car.

I also like the silicone spray cans, but NOT FOR COMPRESSION CHAMBER use. The carrier agent is usually flammable and will cause you serious problems, however spray silicone oil is good for getting in to those tight areas without disassembling everything, although Remington dry film lube works well too.

*EDIT: I'm sure someone will mention it, so yes, moly paste is what I use when I have the time to do everything properly, even on the sides of the seal and of course piston.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:16 pm 

Excellent guys thanks! thanks again for your help!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:25 am 

I am big into R/C car racing, and also air guns. When buying shock oil for your gun, try to find the lowest weight(wt) oil. Traxxas oil is 30wt. If you buy the team losi racing stuff, try to by 15wt or the lowest you can find because it will be thinner.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:41 pm 

Interesting...I've found that the airgunners I know have quite a few common interests.
One is RC. Our family at the moment have a number of Traxxas Slash, a couple stock for my two sons and one I've modded quite a bit.
I've found that other common interests are knives, watches and cameras.
What about you guys?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:18 am 

bobtodrick wrote:
Interesting...I've found that the airgunners I know have quite a few common interests.
One is RC. Our family at the moment have a number of Traxxas Slash, a couple stock for my two sons and one I've modded quite a bit.
I've found that other common interests are knives, watches and cameras.
What about you guys?

yea im into rc also ive got 2 tayma crawlers and i have found myself raiding the shock oil for an airrifle , i collect pre ww2 powderburners too as well as air guns (it becomes a very bad addiction very quikly) metal working on the lathe seems to be a favorite amung air gunners too