Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:42 pm 

One of my .177s ( Phantom) has a little barrel droop with a regular breech seal installed...8.5 grain/925ps...and when I install a thinner shaved down breech seal .....the barrel locks up perfectly straight but I lose 25 fps...however it is very accurate .Do you think its worth giving up 25 fps and have absolutely NO barrel droop.....Looking at barrel droop on a springer is like looking at a crooked picture hanging on the wall....I HAVE to straighten it.lol
So....barrel droop or fps? What would YOU guys do? :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:09 pm 

I had to sand down the breech seal on both my guns but it looks better with a straight barrel.I dont have a chrony so I can't tell if I lost fps but my point of impact seems the same.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:45 pm 

you just lost 3% of the FPS and I dont think you can tell the difference without the chrony. but you can see the barrel droop by your eyes each time you look at it, right??

so, it's your choice then- ^_^

( I will take a appearance)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:13 pm 

What is 25FPS when going 950FPS. Certainly nothing to be worried about. Which ever shoots more consistent I would go with. Now their is a big difference in a bow going 275FPS and 300FPS.

I am having trouble with my 950FPS Ruger Airhawk from bolts shaking lose. Yet my Ruger Airhawk at 750FPS always shoots excellent and never vibrates bolts lose.

CHEERS!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:19 pm 

I think for losing 25 fps and settling at 900 is ok. That's not even a whole ft-lb of energy lost..
I would attack that barrel droop as I know the feeling of the picture frame problem.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:05 pm 

Its only 25 FPS. Now if it was 100 FPS might be different.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:56 pm 

As long as the rifle is accurate with the loss of 25 fps, I'll take the appearance of the droop any day as 25 fps is minuscule when you look at the whole picture; especially when you are still clocking 900 fps.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:06 pm 

Definitely drop the droop (and the FPS). :)