Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:24 am
Posts: 1545
Location: Calgary
Got a laugh out of this:
Local seller posted a TR77 for sale, no description or price, just the pic seen below (plus another of the damaged muzzle plastic). Intrigued by the bottle of BBs accompanying what is a clearly a pellet rifle, I inquired how he keeps the BBs from rolling down the barrel while shooting. Was expecting him to say something like he accidentally placed the BBs instead of a can of pellets, or how this is just a bonus or something remotely logical.

Instead I got this reply:
"Im asking for 75, an there is this bb grease you can buy for it. Or just buy the pellets"
:P

Hoping for a second round of laughter I asked what the name of the grease is and where it can be found. Still waiting to hear back :P :P


Attachments:
Greased BB shooter.jpg
Greased BB shooter.jpg [ 20.61 KiB | Viewed 631 times ]

_________________
No, no, it was bigger than that! It looked like a weird monkey-dog thing!
COG First Class Recruit
Gears of War
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 8:30 pm
Posts: 1190
Location: Eastern Townships
...m'kaaaay, now this guy seems to be a pretty ''special'' specimen! Please keep us informed :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:21 am
Posts: 1203
Location: Toronto, Ontario
LMAO! u made my night by posting this. There's always a first for everything. I'd hate to see the condition of the rifling. If and when he does reply back about the grease, I hope he's not using Vaseline as that stuff diesels in the barrel.

_________________

Megiddo65


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:24 am
Posts: 1545
Location: Calgary
He goes by dannyboy369, if that helps give you any reassurance.
Below is the other pic he posted where he says in the ad "chipped the tip of the barrel". Wouldn't want to try and imagine the abuse this NP has gone through. Or himself, given all the ricochet from those BBs. Unless, of course, the grease he uses makes the BBs stick upon impact :o

This reminds me of a recent post from a user here, claiming the M4-177 is horrible for accuracy - while disclosing he bought the gun used. Reason why if I'm to take a chance on a used gun, it has to come from a member here or be dirt cheap so that it can be discarded of without much of a loss.


Attachments:
BB grease shooter spout.jpg
BB grease shooter spout.jpg [ 24.02 KiB | Viewed 592 times ]

_________________
No, no, it was bigger than that! It looked like a weird monkey-dog thing!
COG First Class Recruit
Gears of War
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 pm
Posts: 853
Location: Meaford, Ont.
Joolz wrote:
He goes by dannyboy369, if that helps give you any reassurance.
Below is the other pic he posted where he says in the ad "chipped the tip of the barrel". Wouldn't want to try and imagine the abuse this NP has gone through. Or himself, given all the ricochet from those BBs. Unless, of course, the grease he uses makes the BBs stick upon impact :o

This reminds me of a recent post from a user here, claiming the M4-177 is horrible for accuracy - while disclosing he bought the gun used. Reason why if I'm to take a chance on a used gun, it has to come from a member here or be dirt cheap so that it can be discarded of without much of a loss.

Hahaha yes it was cheap MK-177 and two pistols in a package deal. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:27 am
Posts: 1108
Location: Thunder Bay,On.
Makes you wonder....some people shouldn't be left unattended....at ANY age...if you want laugh number two...how about this guy with a P17....mounted with a rifle scope and the best part....he's using the scope for leverage to pressurize the P17....that's about 30 pounds force required...yikes....at the 1 minute mark.....https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XHyeS7FRIZM

_________________
The cave you fear to enter....holds the treasure you seek


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:21 am
Posts: 1203
Location: Toronto, Ontario
MyCrosman wrote:
Makes you wonder....some people shouldn't be left unattended....at ANY age...if you want laugh number two...how about this guy with a P17....mounted with a rifle scope and the best part....he's using the scope for leverage to pressurize the P17....that's about 30 pounds force required...yikes....at the 1 minute mark.....https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XHyeS7FRIZM


There's another good laugh for the night! Even funnier are the comments left below his video. I'm surprised the scope tube didn't bend when he cranked down on it.

_________________

Megiddo65


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:24 am
Posts: 1545
Location: Calgary
Never mind the fact that genius here figured out a way to minimize the effort in cocking the P17 by using that neat lever - what about his demonstration of expert gun handling by cocking it with his index finger inside the trigger guard, at 2 min (and then again later on at least once more but not sure if there were other examples of expert gun handling as I couldn't watch the whole video - his dumb trailer park trash accent makes my brain hurt).

I would be greatly concerned living anywhere near this dude knowing he shoots that Remington .22 "a million times". Hell, I'd be greatly concerned if he drove a car. Even more so if he has the capability of breeding.

_________________
No, no, it was bigger than that! It looked like a weird monkey-dog thing!
COG First Class Recruit
Gears of War


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2836
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Joolz wrote:
Never mind the fact that genius here figured out a way to minimize the effort in cocking the P17 by using that neat lever - what about his demonstration of expert gun handling by cocking it with his index finger inside the trigger guard, at 2 min (and then again later on at least once more but not sure if there were other examples of expert gun handling as I couldn't watch the whole video - his dumb trailer park trash accent makes my brain hurt).

I would be greatly concerned living anywhere near this dude knowing he shoots that Remington .22 "a million times". Hell, I'd be greatly concerned if he drove a car. Even more so if he has the capability of breeding.


I have a accent like that. I must be trailer trash. Here in the country you will get a lot of people talking like that.. But some of the hardest and smartest workers you ever meet in your life.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:24 am
Posts: 1545
Location: Calgary
leadslinger wrote:
Here in the country you will get a lot of people talking like that.. But some of the hardest and smartest workers you ever meet in your life.

That may be so, I have no doubt about that. But reference above was directed at the genius in the video. That is no smart person, no matter how one cuts it, as he has proven in more than one occasion.

_________________
No, no, it was bigger than that! It looked like a weird monkey-dog thing!
COG First Class Recruit
Gears of War


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2836
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Joolz wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
Here in the country you will get a lot of people talking like that.. But some of the hardest and smartest workers you ever meet in your life.

That may be so, I have no doubt about that. But reference above was directed at the genius in the video. That is no smart person, no matter how one cuts it, as he has proven in more than one occasion.


Then don't say dumb trailer park accent. He could be southern, or country where that just way of life. Ive been speaking that way for 33 years. Doesn't make me any less different.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:24 am
Posts: 1545
Location: Calgary
megiddo65 wrote:
hope he's not using Vaseline as that stuff diesels in the barrel.

Thanks for the idea. Just sent dannyboy this, wonder if I'll get a response this time.

Checked around, couldn't find the BB grease. You think vaseline would work OK? Btw how did the tip of the barrel get damaged?

_________________
No, no, it was bigger than that! It looked like a weird monkey-dog thing!
COG First Class Recruit
Gears of War


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:01 pm
Posts: 147
Location: Western Norway
BB grease ... why haven't I thought about that!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:39 pm
Posts: 77
Location: Illinois
BB grease in on the top shelf right next to the bottles of dehydrated water ! Geezzz :roll:

_________________
Diana 34 .22, Benjamin Marauder Gen II .25cal,

"You repair things with tools, you fix things with a hammer, if you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem !"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 pm
Posts: 2170
Location: GTA, ON
Finally I understand the BB-Grease thing now.... it's to stick the BBs in the barrel to prevent it falling out, right? What a great idea~~

How about ask the seller one more question: did he try to tune the gun into a multi-shot rifle by using BB grease to hold some more BBs at a time then shoot??

Sent from my LG mobile

_________________
Future AA ProSport
HW30/35
2240+14" barrel
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO