Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:18 pm 

Just finally getting back into shooting my air rifles again. Currently I have a at44 PCP 22 cal, Theoben Crusader 22 cal and a HW97k.

While I was shooting the HW97K my better half said she would like to give it a try. It was painful to watch her as she cocked the gun but she did it in her own awkward way. Turns out she can shoot it pretty good at 30 yards of a blanket resting on the edge of our gazebo. Now she wants to shoot more often but doesn't like the way the hw97 cocks.

Now the reason of this post is to look to you guys for some opinions or first hand experience with some of the guns I have been looking at on the internet to get her own gun.. The one I had thought I was going to get here was the Cometa Fusion Premier in 177 Pal rated. As luck would have it D&L airguns only have it in the 495 fps. The pal rated cometa's are in the star version with the adjustable cheek piece, not really keen on that stock or the Black version which I haven't found out if it is synthetic stock or beech wood painted black. All new cometa's that they will be getting will be Pal rated but not until the new year. There not willing to switch stocks but they would sell me a pal rated spring which adds $32 to the cost of the gun and convert the 495 to full power. Not what I want to do but is a option. Taken a few springers apart so not a big deal.

This led me to start surfing the net for other options. Here is a list of what I have been looking at. Prices range from $200 to $400 and mostly in 177 plus what ever glass I put on top of them.. I may buy a second gun of the same make in 22 cal version . All of these guns are current run production as far as I can tell.

Walther Terrus
Walther Parrus
Diana 34
Cometa Fusion Premier ( need full power spring upgrade)
Webley & Scott Tomahawk II
Webley & Scott Stingray
Webley & Scott Patriot
Tech Force M12 ( Cheapest and probably needs a full tune to see it potential)
BSA Meteor EVO
Kral Arms N-07 ( very little I can find on this gun )
Hatsan 95, 125, 135 . etc.

Any others that may be good candidates always welcome.

I would like the velocity in the 800 to 900 fps range just for the fact of they may be used to dispatch a crow or pigeon here and there but accuracy will always be more important over speed. . We will be shooting inside my garage in the winter and I can get a tight 10 yards. Summer in the back yard I can get 30 yards for shooting.

Has any members from this forum ever ordered a pal rated air rifle from Pyramid Air. Last option is to shop out of country but still a option. If so what were the hurdles you had to jump over to get it done. Only ever bought a sled from the states.

Also if any of you guys know of the best deals in Canada for some of these guns I would sure appreciate the info. Also going to check with the local gun shop and see who their distributors are and see if they have access to any in the list.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:22 am 

The TF M-12 is, in fact, a Mexican-made Mendoza, and of very good quality, the finish of which might surprise you. I have 2 Mendozas and enjoy them very much. No full tune necessary, and built like a tank.
The Hatsan 95 is another fine shooting beauty. The cocking is stiff with a fairly rough shot cycle. I shortened the mainspring to calm it down and make cocking easier. Accurate shooter.
The Diana 34 is always an accurate and fine shooter.
These are the ones from your list that I've had personal experience with. RC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:29 pm 

Well I purchased a Webley stingray II and a Patriot from one of the members on here, Mrmarvin. Brand new in the box and the best price I could find anywhere. I know there not the UK webleys of old but the reviews I have read seem to show that they are not all that bad as some would make out them to be. Stingray is for the wife to shoot now that she has the bug and the Patriot will be my truck/tractor gun to take out pigeons on the farm I work at. Don't really want my HW97K or the theoben crusader bouncing around in a tractor cab all day. Patriot will most likely stay as a open sight rifle.
Still may purchase some of the other ones I mentioned in the first post.