Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: chrony f1 made in canada
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:11 pm
Posts: 9
Location: united kingdom
hi everyone, ive just contacted chrony for the plastic rear housing on a chrony f1 and price for rear housing plus 2 lenses $15 then came the shock $27 to ship to the uk. is this a bad joke $27 to ship 2 pieces of small plastic to the uk REALLY ?. have any of you bought from chrony and what were your shipping charges please?.

_________________
daystate wolverine-177, air-arms s510 ultimate sporter-22, at 44 walnut -22, at 44 walnut -25, another at44 walnut - 22, hw 80k - 22,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2832
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
kriss wrote:
hi everyone, ive just contacted chrony for the plastic rear housing on a chrony f1 and price for rear housing plus 2 lenses $15 then came the shock $27 to ship to the uk. is this a bad joke $27 to ship 2 pieces of small plastic to the uk REALLY ?. have any of you bought from chrony and what were your shipping charges please?.


Unfortunately price you pay. Canada post rates have been getting kinda retarded. Cost me 23.00 for 18 moonclips ( flat stamped metal clips ) that was shipped in a bubble envelope with tracking and insurance. But the same w/o cost me 2.50$.

But its probably trackable, and international so the rates would be higher than in Canada. I assume its only 15 GBP and not 27 GBP.

I order from Gmac and other places and only cost me 10 GBP.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 10:26 pm
Posts: 324
Location: Any Town ONTARIO
I have purchased many items from the UK .Shipping charges have exceeded the parts costs on many occasions I have paid 18-36 pounds . Nothing more than a book and it was 36 pounds . Could it may be UK post adding to the cost of International shipping ? I just absorb it into the cost vs need equation and proceed .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:11 pm
Posts: 9
Location: united kingdom
price I got was $15 for plastic housing and $27 shipping but sound s maybe that price is the norm now. yes uk post office prices have gone mad now but the service is very poor.

_________________
daystate wolverine-177, air-arms s510 ultimate sporter-22, at 44 walnut -22, at 44 walnut -25, another at44 walnut - 22, hw 80k - 22,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:04 pm
Posts: 36
Location: Calgary, AB
I recently priced out a small replacement part for a Diana 34 at several Canadian vendors, and in nearly all cases the shipping was over $20.00. In many instances it appears that shipment pricing is a function of poor operations management and disregard for customers total cost of purchase. In other words, whatever is most convenient for the vendor, combined with a take it or leave it attitude. It’s a poor approach, and if possible I avoid doing business with those who default to it.

_________________

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 3593
Location: Edmonton
pelsby wrote:
I have purchased many items from the UK .Shipping charges have exceeded the parts costs on many occasions I have paid 18-36 pounds . Nothing more than a book and it was 36 pounds . Could it may be UK post adding to the cost of International shipping ? I just absorb it into the cost vs need equation and proceed .


Now that's one heavy book ! :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 10:26 pm
Posts: 324
Location: Any Town ONTARIO
It was this book .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Webley-Air-Pistols-Their-History-and-Development-by-Gordon-Bruce-/222132892228?hash=item33b826f244

When I purchased it it was virtually an unubtainium . I wanted it I paid . Look like there are a few available now .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:11 pm
Posts: 9
Location: united kingdom
mclmm wrote:
I recently priced out a small replacement part for a Diana 34 at several Canadian vendors, and in nearly all cases the shipping was over $20.00. In many instances it appears that shipment pricing is a function of poor operations management and disregard for customers total cost of purchase. In other words, whatever is most convenient for the vendor, combined with a take it or leave it attitude. It’s a poor approach, and if possible I avoid doing business with those who default to it.
I total agree its not good out there anymore.

_________________
daystate wolverine-177, air-arms s510 ultimate sporter-22, at 44 walnut -22, at 44 walnut -25, another at44 walnut - 22, hw 80k - 22,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:11 pm
Posts: 9
Location: united kingdom
decided now to buy a skan as uk based and sell the f1 for what I can get for it. you live and learn and at 64 im learning fast :wink: ive just got to learn not to keep shooting my f1 :)

_________________
daystate wolverine-177, air-arms s510 ultimate sporter-22, at 44 walnut -22, at 44 walnut -25, another at44 walnut - 22, hw 80k - 22,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2832
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
kriss wrote:
decided now to buy a skan as uk based and sell the f1 for what I can get for it. you live and learn and at 64 im learning fast :wink: ive just got to learn not to keep shooting my f1 :)


Motto = If you haven't shot it, than its not a Chrony.

My Alpha chrony I shot the plastic bit. I just taped it together with black tape and still worked.

I shot my F1 last week and got lucky. Just clipped the metal shell. Would been game over because I was using 9mm.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:33 pm
Posts: 246
Location: Yukon
kriss wrote:
hi everyone, ive just contacted chrony for the plastic rear housing on a chrony f1 and price for rear housing plus 2 lenses $15 then came the shock $27 to ship to the uk. is this a bad joke $27 to ship 2 pieces of small plastic to the uk REALLY ?. have any of you bought from chrony and what were your shipping charges please?.


not too sure how post works. it make sense that the royal mail would be part of this estimate. Shipping to Yukon gets outrageous for no real reason.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:27 pm
Posts: 128
Location: Brampton Ontario
I shot my f1 as well but I live twenty minutes away from them. Took it in and they fixed it while I waited. Great service I give them that much.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:11 pm
Posts: 9
Location: united kingdom
Cougar wrote:
I shot my f1 as well but I live twenty minutes away from them. Took it in and they fixed it while I waited. Great service I give them that much.
ive shot mine now 4 time but 3rd and 4th was only with a 100 yr old pistol chucking out no power at all. the price of the plastic wasn't the issue but I begrudge paying nearly twice as much for postage as for parts. im buying a skan as uk based and 5 yrs warranty and selling my f1 as still works ok .

_________________
daystate wolverine-177, air-arms s510 ultimate sporter-22, at 44 walnut -22, at 44 walnut -25, another at44 walnut - 22, hw 80k - 22,


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO