Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:46 pm 

I got a Benjamin 312 22cal with No273 peep sight. Spare repair kit and tool. I say its in good condition, some of the nickel finish is wearing. Still shoot strong, wood in good shape as well. Has new o ring bolt, new cam plate and screws. Has no serial number so I date it pre 1955.

I got a wooden case with it, But it was owned by a heavy smoker and still trying to clean it.

What would it be worth? Or best to keep it? Honestly It just collects cat hair.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:15 pm 

The 310 series ran from 1940-1969, so it likely predates 55'

In terms of value, while I am no expert by any means, I would say given its condition it may be worth $200 to the right person on the right day. The "Benjamin Franklin" on the side (not uncommon) was just a play on words found on the rifles, I believe some of them said "Benjamin & Franklin" as well

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:01 pm 

jgoodz420 wrote:
The 310 series ran from 1940-1969, so it likely predates 55'

In terms of value, while I am no expert by any means, I would say given its condition it may be worth $200 to the right person on the right day. The "Benjamin Franklin" on the side (not uncommon) was just a play on words found on the rifles, I believe some of them said "Benjamin & Franklin" as well

Thanks I was thinking around 200$.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:14 pm 

They are nice lightweight rifles.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:55 pm 
Site Moderator

A while back I had a well worn 1968 Benjamin 312 with the same rear peep sight. It shot great! It's a light 4 pound rifle with only 35" length. Walnut stock and no plastic parts. The trigger is simple but nice. It's worth keeping. Enjoy the tootsie roll!

I lost all my Ben312 pics on Photobucket but found a couple of them with a Google search. The rifle was missing the safety lever and the finish was worn. One pic shows the rifle with a cleaned up finish. I didn't want to change any of the character of the old pumper so I just top coated with a couple of light coats of Danish oil.

Attachments:
imagesNWUM3S5N.jpg
imagesNWUM3S5N.jpg [ 8.56 KiB | Viewed 337 times ]
Ben312.jpg
Ben312.jpg [ 6.43 KiB | Viewed 337 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:24 pm 

Here, found you the official Benjamin price list. You know this is official as it comes from Stoeger and not Crosman.
As you can see your guess is off by a factor of 10. But since the listing is in US Dollars, I'll happily round it up to $25.
Let me know the size of the wood box it comes in so we can calculate shipping costs to Calgary :mrgreen:

Attachments:
Ben Official Price List.jpg
Ben Official Price List.jpg [ 80.97 KiB | Viewed 268 times ]