Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: $28 pellet rifle?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 8:30 pm
Posts: 1190
Location: Eastern Townships
I'm guessing leadslinger means the Crosman M4-177. Yes, a rifled barrel, but a bit more powerful than the 760 because of a longer pump tube/piston stroke, and the same 5 shots clips as the 760. I have one, and like it a lot!

http://www.crosman.com/airguns/air-rifl ... -rifle-177


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: $28 pellet rifle?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 pm
Posts: 846
Location: Meaford, Ont.
airmec wrote:
I'm guessing leadslinger means the Crosman M4-177. Yes, a rifled barrel, but a bit more powerful than the 760 because of a longer pump tube/piston stroke, and the same 5 shots clips as the 760. I have one, and like it a lot!

http://www.crosman.com/airguns/air-rifl ... -rifle-177

Not sure what you are doing. My barrel band broke and stock broke off. Ordered extras as I figured they would break again. Asked Rob from R&R about a new barrel and he said they are not known as a very accurate gun. So I forgot about trying a new barrel. Mine is pretty much a piece of art. Mine sprays around in a two inch circle at 30 feet and drives me nuts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: $28 pellet rifle?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 8:30 pm
Posts: 1190
Location: Eastern Townships
wheeliehd wrote:
airmec wrote:
I'm guessing leadslinger means the Crosman M4-177. Yes, a rifled barrel, but a bit more powerful than the 760 because of a longer pump tube/piston stroke, and the same 5 shots clips as the 760. I have one, and like it a lot!

http://www.crosman.com/airguns/air-rifl ... -rifle-177
...he said they are not known as a very accurate gun. So I forgot about trying a new barrel. Mine is pretty much a piece of art. Mine sprays around in a two inch circle at 30 feet and drives me nuts.


Really? Mine's pretty accurate with CP Match and Destroyer pellets. In fact at first I thought something was wrong since I saw only one hole after three shots (at 10 m), only to realise the pellets were stacking one over the other!!! I'm probably lucky at the barrel lotery.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: $28 pellet rifle?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2818
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
wheeliehd wrote:
airmec wrote:
I'm guessing leadslinger means the Crosman M4-177. Yes, a rifled barrel, but a bit more powerful than the 760 because of a longer pump tube/piston stroke, and the same 5 shots clips as the 760. I have one, and like it a lot!

http://www.crosman.com/airguns/air-rifl ... -rifle-177

Not sure what you are doing.


From the sounds of it, he just wants a cheap plinker.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: $28 pellet rifle?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:52 am
Posts: 37
Location: Ottawa, ON
leadslinger wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:
airmec wrote:
I'm guessing leadslinger means the Crosman M4-177. Yes, a rifled barrel, but a bit more powerful than the 760 because of a longer pump tube/piston stroke, and the same 5 shots clips as the 760. I have one, and like it a lot!

http://www.crosman.com/airguns/air-rifl ... -rifle-177

Not sure what you are doing.


From the sounds of it, he just wants a cheap plinker.



Indeed! :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: $28 pellet rifle?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:24 am
Posts: 1545
Location: Calgary
airmec wrote:
Really? Mine's pretty accurate with CP Match and Destroyer pellets. In fact at first I thought something was wrong since I saw only one hole after three shots (at 10 m), only to realise the pellets were stacking one over the other!!! I'm probably lucky at the barrel lotery.


What Wheelihd neglected to mention is that he bought his used and in a beat up state (his own admission from a a thread some time back). So I don't think anyone reading this thread should dismiss the M4-177 based on his assessment, while just about everyone else that owns one raves as to how accurate and fun it is to shoot. With that said I should point out that the first one I got had a bad case of the droops and it was exchanged for a diff one. It wouldn't surprise me if whoever had Wheeliehd's M4 originally had the same issue and tried to straighten the barrel on their own.
However seeing how the price of this gun has skyrocketed to around $130 I couldn't justify buying one. I paid $60 for mine on sale at Can Tire. If you could find it for that price it'd be a no brainer as the gun is loads of fun, has fairly decent open sights and is a repeater. Just ensure you buy it locally to avoid the headache of shipping it back should it come with a bad droop. It seems Crosman's QC on this "toy" gun to be of the lowest possible level.
Oh and don't stand on the stock. Else it'll go from a carbine to a close quarters combat weapon.

_________________
No, no, it was bigger than that! It looked like a weird monkey-dog thing!
COG First Class Recruit
Gears of War


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: $28 pellet rifle?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2818
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
I always enjoyed Red Ryder or a Daisy Buck... I got mine for 30$ from Cabelas and just a fun can plinker.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: $28 pellet rifle?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 pm
Posts: 846
Location: Meaford, Ont.
Joolz wrote:
airmec wrote:
Really? Mine's pretty accurate with CP Match and Destroyer pellets. In fact at first I thought something was wrong since I saw only one hole after three shots (at 10 m), only to realise the pellets were stacking one over the other!!! I'm probably lucky at the barrel lotery.


What Wheelihd neglected to mention is that he bought his used and in a beat up state (his own admission from a a thread some time back). So I don't think anyone reading this thread should dismiss the M4-177 based on his assessment, while just about everyone else that owns one raves as to how accurate and fun it is to shoot. With that said I should point out that the first one I got had a bad case of the droops and it was exchanged for a diff one. It wouldn't surprise me if whoever had Wheeliehd's M4 originally had the same issue and tried to straighten the barrel on their own.
However seeing how the price of this gun has skyrocketed to around $130 I couldn't justify buying one. I paid $60 for mine on sale at Can Tire. If you could find it for that price it'd be a no brainer as the gun is loads of fun, has fairly decent open sights and is a repeater. Just ensure you buy it locally to avoid the headache of shipping it back should it come with a bad droop. It seems Crosman's QC on this "toy" gun to be of the lowest possible level.
Oh and don't stand on the stock. Else it'll go from a carbine to a close quarters combat weapon.


Yes did buy used and it came with BB's in it in which I will believe my gun repair person that says BB's can not hurt the barrel. Crosman states that. Also I have been shooting for 50 years so what you call accurate I may not. I settle for nothing less that the same hole every time. CHEERS!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: $28 pellet rifle?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2818
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
wheeliehd wrote:
Joolz wrote:
airmec wrote:
Really? Mine's pretty accurate with CP Match and Destroyer pellets. In fact at first I thought something was wrong since I saw only one hole after three shots (at 10 m), only to realise the pellets were stacking one over the other!!! I'm probably lucky at the barrel lotery.


What Wheelihd neglected to mention is that he bought his used and in a beat up state (his own admission from a a thread some time back). So I don't think anyone reading this thread should dismiss the M4-177 based on his assessment, while just about everyone else that owns one raves as to how accurate and fun it is to shoot. With that said I should point out that the first one I got had a bad case of the droops and it was exchanged for a diff one. It wouldn't surprise me if whoever had Wheeliehd's M4 originally had the same issue and tried to straighten the barrel on their own.
However seeing how the price of this gun has skyrocketed to around $130 I couldn't justify buying one. I paid $60 for mine on sale at Can Tire. If you could find it for that price it'd be a no brainer as the gun is loads of fun, has fairly decent open sights and is a repeater. Just ensure you buy it locally to avoid the headache of shipping it back should it come with a bad droop. It seems Crosman's QC on this "toy" gun to be of the lowest possible level.
Oh and don't stand on the stock. Else it'll go from a carbine to a close quarters combat weapon.


Yes did buy used and it came with BB's in it in which I will believe my gun repair person that says BB's can not hurt the barrel. Crosman states that. Also I have been shooting for 50 years so what you call accurate I may not. I settle for nothing less that the same hole every time. CHEERS!



No offense but shooting 50 years doesn't mean much. Esp when your reviewing a cheap gun and expecting to be single hole groups everytime. Its not a Daystate/FX/AA. Its a under max 100$ Crosman plinker.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: $28 pellet rifle?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 pm
Posts: 846
Location: Meaford, Ont.
$49.99 Grizzly can do it. I will buy a replacement barrel for mine since everyone thinks it can do it. CHEERS!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: $28 pellet rifle?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:52 am
Posts: 37
Location: Ottawa, ON
That M4-177 looks like an assault rifle...lol. Like I mentioned I will have 50-60 bucks to spend next weekend and yes I am looking for an inexpensive but fun plinker. Since I already have the Daisy Powerline 340 BB pistol an inexpensive pellet rifle would be cool to have. Thanks again for the excellent suggestions so far and please keep them coming! :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: $28 pellet rifle?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:52 am
Posts: 37
Location: Ottawa, ON
wheeliehd wrote:
$49.99 Grizzly can do it. I will buy a replacement barrel for mine since everyone thinks it can do it. CHEERS!


Thanks! If I can find one I will definitely check it out! :mrgreen:

This looks in my price range. https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8711335e


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: $28 pellet rifle?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:04 am
Posts: 780
The only issue I have with the b2 type pellet guns is no safety. Please be careful.

_________________
I have some airguns.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: $28 pellet rifle?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 pm
Posts: 846
Location: Meaford, Ont.
T. Clark wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:
$49.99 Grizzly can do it. I will buy a replacement barrel for mine since everyone thinks it can do it. CHEERS!


Thanks! If I can find one I will definitely check it out! :mrgreen:

This looks in my price range. https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8711335e

I replaced a scope on one of my 22 mag rifles. I have a scope and rings I will mail you free of charge if you do not mind it being in snow camo. Have a black scope as well and you could paint the white rings. Both come with scope caps. Just pm me your info and I will send it off free of charge if you want it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: $28 pellet rifle?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:52 am
Posts: 37
Location: Ottawa, ON
wheeliehd wrote:
T. Clark wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:
$49.99 Grizzly can do it. I will buy a replacement barrel for mine since everyone thinks it can do it. CHEERS!


Thanks! If I can find one I will definitely check it out! :mrgreen:

This looks in my price range. https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8711335e

I replaced a scope on one of my 22 mag rifles. I have a scope and rings I will mail you free of charge if you do not mind it being in snow camo. Have a black scope as well and you could paint the white rings. Both come with scope caps. Just pm me your info and I will send it off free of charge if you want it.



Thanks so much! That is such a kind gesture!

PM sent. :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO