Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 8:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:36 am 

yamawho wrote:
Mine stayed in the gun for a few years ...
ppl always said don't keep the gun charged with CO2 for overnight...

Can anyone list what's bad to do so ?

Actually, I usually need 3 to 4 days to finish one CO2 cart... but I didn't do that for years yet ~ [emoji16]

Sent from my LG mobile

P3 + 2x20 Kit Scope
HW45 + Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:48 am 

12 gram CO2 cartridges are usually sealed by being kept under compression by a screw or cam of some description. This compresses the seal which is typically a polymer of limited elasticity, and if left for too long it will tend to deform permanently and cause sealing problems the next time you use it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:53 am 

I have left 12 gm powerlets in some of my air guns for months at a time - and never had any issue with them.

I read that the Co2 pressure helps to keep the seals inside your air gun in good shape by having the pressure on them - plus always remember to put a drop of pellgun oil on the tip of every powerlet before insert them to also help with the internal seals...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:37 pm 

Yep, the Pellgunoil is a must as it will also help to lube everything in its path when the co2 blow out when you press the trigger.

And I doubt ppl will change a fresh co2 cartridge then put the gun aside right ? So there would be usually less than a half co2 remained in the cartridge. And as we don't over tighten the cartridge actually it can stay there for some time, right ? Because the only bad thing is making the seal deform and then you will need a new seal....

Sent from my LG mobile

P3 + 2x20 Kit Scope
HW45 + Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:35 pm 

i used to have the same issue when I was over tightening the end cap. Cocking and firing about a dozen times usually freed up the piercing pin and it would drop out...usually...a few times i had to remove the end cap, hold the gun barrel down, and give it some taps with a clean 1X2...I eventually just learned how tight to screw the end cap on...it hasn't been an issue since.

The reason I know that over tightening the end cap was causing this is because the peirce hole on the caplet is a lot smaller now that it isnt getting stuck...

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk