Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:58 pm 

I've been looking to purchase an AA tx200 mk3 but have a few questions that I hope current owners could help answer.

1. Is it worth buying the vortek 12 ft/lb kit or just buy the 12 ft/lb version from AA?
2. Is there a walnut stock 12 ft/lb version available in Canada?
3. Is there a FT scope recommendation?

Thanks
Urban

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:40 pm 

The vortek kits are decent, personally I dont care for them much. If you want a level beyond that contact NickG on shootingthebreeze, it will be more money, but head and shoulders above the vortek. I would probably buy the 12FPE version from AA, shoot it for a while, then order the upgrade if/when I feel I can truly recognize the improvement it makes.

You can get a 12FPE beech stock or FAC Walnut by looks of it right now, but I am sure if you call Air Gun Source they can help you get that straightened out...
https://www.airgunsource.ca/en/air-arms ... stock.html

https://www.airgunsource.ca/en/air-arms ... alnut.html

As far as a scope goes it comes down to how much money you have dedicated to a scope before you can really discus options

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:13 pm 

Head and shoulders better? I love reading that. ok I'll give NickG a shout when I am ready. 12 fpe for winter shooting and early spring send her away for the upgrade. A great plan.

Scope Budget. I'd like to keep it around $500 but I'm most certainly open to more if there is a tangible benefit to do so. My only concern is destroying an expensive optic on a springer.

I definitely want to see and try FT. I just can't get enough of knock down targets in my basement range.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:11 pm 

I’ve got a vortek in my tx200hc. Was a big improvement over the factory firing cycle. Noticeably smoother and quieter which lead to a more controlled shot and increase in accuracy for me. Never tried the other kit for comparison. For the $100 it was money well spent.

FWB 300S, FX Dreamline FT, Hammerli AR20
Other goodies!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:32 pm 

There's a multitude of tuning kits available in the UK for the TX. It would be worth you doing a search on AGF (AirGun Forum) to see some of the different options. They range from delrin guides to short stroking, sleeving, shortening the transfer port and every combination of those. For most tuning options you don't need to send the TX away, it's one of the easiest springers to work on, no special tools and no spring compressor needed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:23 pm 

timmytree wrote:
There's a multitude of tuning kits available in the UK for the TX. It would be worth you doing a search on AGF (AirGun Forum) to see some of the different options. They range from delrin guides to short stroking, sleeving, shortening the transfer port and every combination of those. For most tuning options you don't need to send the TX away, it's one of the easiest springers to work on, no special tools and no spring compressor needed.

Like the HW 98 and 97 then.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:53 pm 

Daryl wrote:
timmytree wrote:

Like the HW 98 and 97 then.

A TX is far easier/faster to work on than a 97 Daryl, much less chance of breaking your cocking lever too :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:56 pm 

By nature I'm a hoarder so I can see a 97 in the future but 100% my next springer will be a tx200. I tossed around the idea of a pro sport but the additional difficulty to cock made up my mind. Thank you all for the advice. I will for sure search agf as well. So much to learn but I'm game.