Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:17 am 

all due respect, hold it now outdoors in the winter the QB is going to fail miserably. Even worse at 100 yards. 50 yards is springer territory.

I'd happily drop $3000 on a crown and feel like I got a bargain.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am 

From Barbas929' previous posts I'm guessing he's converted to hpa and has a LW barrel, or at least has done those changes on some of his QB guns. I don't think you want to put your fx on the line with this guy, maybe a less risky wager would be smart! Although laying it all on the line would sure get interest here! I bet you'd get a good crowd from Ontario out to watch if you make the event public!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:31 pm 

All in good fun. I hope there are no bad feeling win or lose. I'd love to go watch. All speculation unless it happens.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:48 pm 

Would be awesome to see the results of this shootout! (Fortunate , anyone who actually owns an FX in this country)

In the mean time.. Still waiting for any word that FX guns are available in Canuckistan ... Maybe it has something to do with the shrouded barrels?

I heard through the grapevine that all shipments of airguns land somewhere in Quebec where they are gone through with a fine tooth comb for any signs of moderation... and if found those parts are removed. If not removable, those guns are returned to sender?

The FX shipment was due in October 2017 ... maybe they meant 2018???

Lucky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:05 pm 

My understanding is ags had some hopes this shipment would have a shrouded version, without baffles of course. I waited as long as I could but made an alternate purchase after a month has passed. I'll still get an fx but not sure it will be in this very next shipment. Special order might be the way forward.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:56 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
Lol! Great plan! Might need a few seconds for this duel to calm things down, especially if the fx loses! Wouldn't want it to turn into a real western gunfight!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Uhh... so the attendants might also need to carry a revolver (must be the old west style, ie PeaceMaker) as side arms to join the duel?!

([emoji16]... My job is to mis-lead the topic...[emoji16])

Sent from my LG mobile

2240+14" barrel/Williams peep sight
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:18 pm 

Lol! Non pal though, maybe airsoft so they don't hurt too much!
Joking aside, I'm sure an fx would be an amazing gun to own, and if a guy can afford it, and find one available in Canada, why not get one, hey! Just to say you own one would be a great thing imo[emoji846]!
Still, if I had one, there would be no way I'd risk losing it in a competition with an expert QB tuner with $600 into his gun!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:23 pm 

barbas929 wrote:
I'm saying that I don't think they're worth the money, if you're so confident in your fx I would love to have your shootout and you shouldn't have a problem playing for the rifles either then since its not even fair to me
Not sure where you live in Ontario but I'm willing to travel halfway to accept your challenge

Steve

And I'm saying they are worth the money.. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I was stating mine like you stated yours.

This game works both ways.... If you are so confident in your gun you can put up the value difference of my gun in cash. What's in it for me otherwise?

I was content to have a shoot off but YOU decided YOU wanted to play for guns with value heavily skewd in YOUR favour.

FX guns are proven winners at the top levels of competition. Do you not think if someone could take a cheap gun and make it win they wouldn't?

Buying my first FX was a eye opener.

The funny thing is you said you would put your QB against any FX but did not specify what against was. So lets do 60 shots, 100 yards, 1 min max time. Every shot not fired/on target is a loss of 10 points with a bull being a 10 point shot. Whoever has the most points wins.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:36 pm 

Yep, would be a lot more fun to keep it friendly on both sides. I'm sure even barbas would agree the fx is a better gun, but it still would be fun to see how a custom built gun stacked up against it. If the QB has a repeater breech and 13ci bottle mod, it should keep up with enough marauder mags. That is pretty awesome if you can get 60 accurate shots in a minute. Must have bought a lot of spare mags!

Krale-schietsport.nl has some pretty good prices on the fx guns. Is it as simple as getting the seller to remove the shroud before shipping and making or getting a custom shroud built without baffles and flush with the end of the barrel? Or do those special barrels need special custom tension from the shroud?
I see the streamline is available for around $1200 CAD shipped, which is way cheaper than I thought they'd be!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:35 pm 

I was in Airguns of Arizona the day after Thanksgiving, so I was able to talk to them AOA hombres. Stayed there for more than an hour, btw. I won't name names but 2 of them said that it is their FX line that always goes back for repairs. They were singing hallelujah for their Daystates though. Wife and son went shopping elsewhere and left me, so I was all by my lonesome, lol!

Pics or it did not happen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:24 pm 

Hey Crossliner

Thanks for this .... Makes one wonder , and that is why I started this thread.

The last thing anyone wants is to have problems with a complicated system and be shipping it back and forth for repairs. but again YMMV , as several guys have piped in and love these FX's

Air Arms and DayState are looking better all the time ............ Maybe Beeman QB as well (I sure would love to hear/see more on that one!)

Cheers

Lucky

(hey, I'm getting closer to owning an air rifle .. Just bought a scope from AGS to put on it! :mrgreen: https://www.airgunsource.ca/en/hawke-hawke-vantage-sf-3-12x44-mil-dot.html

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:01 am 

Congrats! Will be great to see what you end up with and how you like it!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:05 am 

LS, the AA S5 is a lovely gun but it is not regulated, so you have to constantly monitor your air pressure if you are going for extremely precise shots. I have used mine for long distance (100 meters) competitions when I was till in Asia. Have won games using that rig of mine. You know, I have quit my airgunning days when I came to the US. This part of New Mexico where I live is barren of airgun enthusiasts, lol! Right now, I am into rimfires. I mean, what am I going to do with a pcp with no scuba shops around? :roll:

I still have my AA but I left it in the Philippines along with my other airguns..This air rifle is very expensive in the Philippines but some of my friends there own RAWs and Steyrs w/c are even more pricey. I was one of the go-to guys when I was still there, supplying optics and whatever paraphernalia they like.

Mine sports a Matt Winser all-delrin silencer w/c I ordered from the UK. Bought 4 from that Brit. The black humpback is a GodAGrip sorbothane pad..

https://godagrip.com/cheek-pads-2/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:17 am 

LS, the reason why I went to AOA was to check out their optics. There is a store here in the US that was selling all their Hawke line with 35% discount during Thanksgiving Day. Right now, they are doing 25%. Showed the AOA guy the link but they could not do a price match. Bought a Hawke Frontier 5-30x50 w/ TMX reticle from the aforementioned store but I returned it because it was just too big for my custom 10/22. The finish on that scope is really fantastic and so is the reticle. Clarity, I would say, is about as good as my Bushnell Elites, and I have had 5 of them.

https://us.hawkeoptics.com/18232.html

Pics again or it did not happen:

topic77574.html

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:47 pm 

Hey crossliner.. Those are some cool guns!

The regulator on the FX line (even the cheap) Streamliners are a terrific feature and I can see the value there. Air Arms don't seem to be regulated in the more basic guns, but I saw a Matt Dubber video showing how one can be added... Not sure I am that mechanical minded tho, to do the mod myself.

In other news... living here in Canuckistan (AKA.. Canada) we are quite restricted in a few areas.

All our airguns over 495 fps are PAL required, so considered firearms and fall under those regulations ... We are absolutely not allowed to use or even own a moderator of any type. They can not be imported to Canada or made here... Big time jail would result from owning such a terrible device :rolleyes:

The other thing .. Canadians are not allowed to import scopes from the USA .. (Not without having a special US import permit) This is nothing to do with Canadian regs .. Something to do with border security??? crazy.

I do appreciate your suggestions

cheers

Lucky