Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:34 pm 

I hear you and thank you, sir. That power limit you are constrained to follow is really restricting.

You know, I was planning to buy an AA Galahad when I 1st came to this small county of NM. Sniffed around and I found no other dudes who are into our hobby, so I had to leave my passion behind and got into powderburners. All my scopes were purchased from the US when I was still in the Philippines, and I just let my relatives handcarry them for me. A scope or 2 in a baggage were allowed to go onboard and be transported overseas.

It's a pity you are so close to the US and yet you are not allowed to procure optics from here. The selection here is really mind-boggling.

Let us know of your final choice in airgun brand and model, LuckyStrike :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:46 pm 

Dlairgun has some cool looking Cometa lynx bottle guns that are regulated for a great price. Any reviews I've seen are very positive.
Here is a recent one: https://youtu.be/lYBIsMZGaWE

Here is a link to Dlairgun cometa page:
https://www.dlairgun.com/Air-Rifles/Cometa/

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:49 pm 

There are US export restrictions under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR):
https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html

Authorization from the State Department is required to export firearms and other restricted items (like scopes, scope mounts, night vision, etc).

Buying ITAR restricted items and bringing them across the border without approval is a serious offense. This is why the US sites will not ship many items to Canada. If you see a good price on a scope in the US, I would not recommend buying it and bringing it back to Canada.

Approval is needed even if the item you want to export is not made in the US. Once the product enters the US it is subject to ITAR. Of course the non-US made products can just be shipped directly from the country of manufature to the non-US destination to avoid ITAR restrictions.

The big companies will go through the approval process to have their products legally distributed in other countries. Some of the smaller niche players do not bother because it is not worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:06 pm 

Right. Canada doesn't care if you bring scopes into Canada. US border officials on the other hand.....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:55 am 

The search continues!

I bought a scope on sale (I can see why) received it yesterday ... I hate it ... Going back for sure ... Poor focus, and the reticle blurrs at any distance and setting. Poor light gathering qualities.

@ $220.00 and I should have guessed but you don't know until you see the "Made in China" stamp... I guess you get what you pay for but personally I wouldn't put it on a $50.00 air rifle

https://www.airgunsource.ca/en/hawke-hawke-vantage-sf-3-12x44-mil-dot.html

Not that I have an air rifle yet to put a scope on, but at least I found one that I know won't work. Still waiting on the FX delivery to Canada, but after Christmas I'll get more serious about buying something..

Hope everyone has a GREAT Christmas!!!

Lucky

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:38 pm 

These are fantastic little scopes. 30mm 3x -12xX44mm w/etched reticle - side focus - mil dots and 12 mil dot slashes - I have them on my HW98 and HW97 rifles.
They also come with rings to fit a Picitiny or Weaver base.

https://www.dlairgun.com/Scopes/Leapers ... AOIEW.html

Attachments:
Leapers SCP3-UGM312AOIEW.jpg
Leapers SCP3-UGM312AOIEW.jpg [ 44.27 KiB | Viewed 137 times ]