Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:51 pm 

I ordered a Lasso scope mount for my daughter's Red Ryder but, it didn't come with the spacers, acorn nut, or lock washers...it actually doesn't even have a front hole for the acorn nut that every YT video shows...maybe I purchased a counterfeit knock off,?

I was wondering if anybody knows what to use for spacers? Would regular washers work? And what type of lock washers would be best?
I tried installing it but as I attempted to tighten down the screw, it became apparent that it needs spacers...pretty sure the rails should be straight and level...not arched..

Here is a pic of why I received. All of the eBay feedback said about the acorn nut at the front of the mount being a pain in the buttock...???ImageImage

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:12 pm 

First off, did you get the installation manual? https://cdn.pyramydair.com/site/manuals ... ions-b.pdf

And is that the video you saw? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZngy2tUtrs The scope mount in that video is not exactly like yours.

Though I have no experience with that mount, as I see it in the manual and in your picture there is no acorn nut necessary for your mount. And I believe that you could indeed use standard washers as spacers, just use enough to level the scope mount. Not sure on the size of the screw on top of the receiver, if it's the same as on my 499 it's a #8. Get yourself some flat and lock washers in that size at your local hardware store and I believe you'll be good. At some places you can even get black hardware for furniture. HTH :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:54 pm 

airmec wrote:
First off, did you get the installation manual? https://cdn.pyramydair.com/site/manuals ... ions-b.pdf

And is that the video you saw? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZngy2tUtrs The scope mount in that video is not exactly like yours.

Though I have no experience with that mount, as I see it in the manual and in your picture there is no acorn nut necessary for your mount. And I believe that you could indeed use standard washers as spacers, just use enough to level the scope mount. Not sure on the size of the screw on top of the receiver, if it's the same as on my 499 it's a #8. Get yourself some flat and lock washers in that size at your local hardware store and I believe you'll be good. At some places you can even get black hardware for furniture. HTH :)
Thanks for the advice...I will check out Home Depot...

Apparently, the manufacturer "updated" the design for ease of install...they simply replaced the front acorn nut with a tab...and stopped supplying the consumer with the small mounting hardware that is needed to secure and level the scope mount in the proper position...so bolting it onto the gun is easier...but it's not functional...makes sense :/

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk