Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:51 pm 
Offline
Site Moderator

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:25 am
Posts: 3432
Location: Ontario, Canada
Is the 953 still available for under $100 in Canada?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:04 am
Posts: 749
I don't believe the 953 is officially offered by Daisy anymore. They now offer 753s. $300 cdn. I got my tcs on one of those unannounced stocking.

_________________
I have some airguns.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:19 pm 
Offline
Site Moderator

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:25 am
Posts: 3432
Location: Ontario, Canada
jckstrthmghty wrote:
I don't believe the 953 is officially offered by Daisy anymore. They now offer 753s. $300 cdn. I got my tcs on one of those unannounced stocking.


Are they singleshots or repeaters with the 5-shot magazine?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:51 am
Posts: 426
Single shot

https://www.dlairgun.com/Air-Rifles/Dai ... Match.html

_________________
SKANZY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:04 am
Posts: 749
I have to say one thing. What the 953 does not have is range. Great 10m gun. Mind shoots 8.2g around 410fps. Not fast enough to punch regular weight paper clean with wad cutters.

_________________
I have some airguns.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:19 pm
Posts: 82
Location: Alvinston, Ontario
Slavia 630 Mod. 77.
$30

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:46 am
Posts: 4052
cwild1971 wrote:
Slavia 630 Mod. 77.
$30

from were...?
i think were talking about store purchases

_________________
"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle"

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 6401
Location: Montreal
The P17 is THE best bang for your buck bar none. Nothing this cheap comes even close. You have to pay a lot more for that kind of accuracy.
The 2289 backpacker and 2240 are worthy of mention too.

_________________
Facebook is like ancient Egypt, people write on walls and worship cats

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:24 am
Posts: 1545
Location: Calgary
Think the winner here is the Daisy Model 77 (topic78001.html) that was on sale last week for $35. Will confirm or deny on Christmas day. At least as far as amount of fun per dollar goes, this looks unbeatable.

Other bargains that's part of the collection that always puts a smile to my face and were under $100
• B1 from Princess Auto, for $29
• Crosman 760 kit, under $50
• 2 Daisy 953s: one with a red dot, another with a scope, it never fails to impress
• P17, naturally
• Crosman M4-177 x2, which got wife onboard the sport and now the kids
• Crosman 1077 x2 which since became wife's fave gun
• Crosman Phantom x2 - something about this gun is just so damn appealing
• Ruger Air Hawk at $99 (no smiles from it yet but that ought to change with some mods)
• Crosman American Classic .22 pumper, just got it, enjoyed the dozen pellets I fired down the barrel.
• Crosman 357 x2 which the kids enjoy popping balloons with

A few others that I can't recall but are all fun to shoot.

Guess the moral here is, no matter what you have as long as it fires properly, it typically translates into fun. If it can be had for under $100 it makes it that much sweeter.

_________________
No, no, it was bigger than that! It looked like a weird monkey-dog thing!
COG First Class Recruit
Gears of War


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:04 am
Posts: 749
I see there are a lot of low price options being listed however the first criteria was surprised by the accuracy. For example a b2 is certainly a great value but I would hardly call accurate. Definitely not surprisingly so. Would be a very long list if the only criteria was price under $100.

_________________
I have some airguns.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:46 pm
Posts: 2798
Location: Canada
jckstrthmghty wrote:
I have to say one thing. What the 953 does not have is range. Great 10m gun. Mind shoots 8.2g around 410fps. Not fast enough to punch regular weight paper clean with wad cutters.


Went camping in the boonies with kids/grand kids this summer and took along some airguns...couple pcp's, big bore pcp pistol...and a 953. 953 saw the most action by a huge margin. Using the scope that came with it, a great many hours were spent plinking 12ga hulls, .30 carbine and .22LR casings @ 25 paces. Plenty of power to send the hulls/casings flying at that range.

Grin per dollar ratio is very appealing with the 953. :) Will throw another vote at the P17 as well.

Al


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:04 am
Posts: 749
Gippeto wrote:
jckstrthmghty wrote:
I have to say one thing. What the 953 does not have is range. Great 10m gun. Mind shoots 8.2g around 410fps. Not fast enough to punch regular weight paper clean with wad cutters.


Went camping in the boonies with kids/grand kids this summer and took along some airguns...couple pcp's, big bore pcp pistol...and a 953. 953 saw the most action by a huge margin. Using the scope that came with it, a great many hours were spent plinking 12ga hulls, .30 carbine and .22LR casings @ 25 paces. Plenty of power to send the hulls/casings flying at that range.

Grin per dollar ratio is very appealing with the 953. :) Will throw another vote at the P17 as well.

Al


Plinking with the 953 seems unfair. Then again no one said life was fair :D

_________________
I have some airguns.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 pm
Posts: 1667
Location: GTA, ON
It's hard to find a 953 now... otherwise I could like to have one as my first rifle~

Sent from my LG mobile

_________________
Izzy 46M
HW30 Stainless Steel + Discovery 40mm Scope
HW35 Walnut + Hawke 40mm Scope
2240+14" barrel/Williams peep sight
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:35 pm 
Offline
Site Moderator

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:25 am
Posts: 3432
Location: Ontario, Canada
Too bad the Chinese B-3 under-lever series is not available in Canada. The price should be under $100 and these things can be stupid accurate. I spent some time shooting one that belongs to forum member "Ricksplace" and couldn't believe the 20 yard groups. Dime or nickel size was typical. Rick still has a couple of B3s but has tinkered with many and they all shot great.


Attachments:
4205603.jpg
4205603.jpg [ 302.55 KiB | Viewed 120 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:04 am
Posts: 749
TCooper wrote:
Too bad the Chinese B-3 under-lever series is not available in Canada. The price should be under $100 and these things can be stupid accurate. I spent some time shooting one that belongs to forum member "Ricksplace" and couldn't believe the 20 yard groups. Dime or nickel size was typical. Rick still has a couple of B3s but has tinkered with many and they all shot great.



Says who?

http://www.herooutdoors.com/xisico-bam-air-rifles/

_________________
I have some airguns.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO