Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: what 10m ag next?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:28 am 

Of late I have been really enjoying shooting 10m rifle. Quite the challenge. As my sig block says I have a 953 which I will covert to a diopter sight after xmas, currently scoped. I do have the TX200 which is simply excellent but can you put a diopter on it?. I do think a feinwerkbau 800 x ft is in my future. What would be a good intermediate purchase for 10m? An AA s200T? Would the FX streamline be feasible? Ideally I wouldn't have to pump, just load the single shot and I prefer to stay away from co2. Goes without saying must be able to mount a diopter.

Post subject: Re: what 10m ag next?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:27 am 

If you don't want to pump between shots or use co2 it seems you will have to go to PCP which requires either a pump or tank and compressor. Quite a jump in cost from a 953 to a PCP system, if you are OK with that then the sky is the limit in quality

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:14 am 

Yes. Quite the jump in required budget but necessary if you want to shoot pcp. I have a few hpa tanks but all small capacity for paintball. I was planning on picking up a compressor but after giving it much thought I've decided to buy a 88 cu ft scuba sized hpa tank and get my fills at the local scuba shop. It's convenient and much less maintenance.

The actual ag. I'll try the diopter sight go on my 953 and if that goes ok I'll move forward with a upgrade. Something in the $1kish range. See where it goes from there. The feinwerkbau 800 x sure looks awesome though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:29 am 

The only problem with quality equipment, we can't blame misses on anything but us. :D