Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:48 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

After plenty of research and with having similar price points, I've narrowed down my choices to either the Daystate Huntsman Regal XL .22 cal or the FX Streamline .22 cal.
The Regal seems to get more love, but the less popular Streamline gets lots of positive feedback as well.
The Regal appears to have a more 'top - of - the - line' quality look and feel to it than the Streamline, although the Streamline still looks clean and sharp IMO.
The Streamline has a super smooth side lever cocking, which probably has better cycling than the Regal, although it's a smooth for a bolt.
The Regal is not regulated, in comparison, but it seems to use a sophisticated slingshot hammer system to go around that issue, which produces comparable shot strings. The weight, accuracy and triggers are quite comparable and both are top notch.
So all these factors combined makes it a tricky decision to make for me and I'd appreciate any kind of input you you guys may have, as I'm heading to AGS over in Peterborough, ON tomorrow morning.

FX Streamline .22, Benjamin Discovery .22, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Webley Alecto .22, Weihrauch HW40, Beretta PX4, Crosman 22XX .22, Colt Peacemaker BB, Beeman P17, Gamo 45

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:18 pm 

Regal may have smaller air cylinder and rear bolt cocking.

I have an air ranger and it's a tough spring you have to pull on to cock.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:17 am 

As far as I'm concerned, the Streamline is a though rifle to beat... as long as FX got their QC team under control the day it was built.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:17 am 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Hey CZ-Sniper,

I'd say you've got yourself between a rock and a hard place ....... either of those rifles would be an excellent choice! For pure ease of use, my vote would go to the FX with the side cock lever as the rear bolt on the Regal will require a little more time and effort to cycle through each shot. The FX also has adjustable power, a really great feature I wish all my Air Rifles had. Then on the other hand, of the two ladies, the Daystate Regal is the one I'd like to take to bed every night (did that as a kid but unfortunately the wife isn't so open minded), she's gorgeous! The Daystate is more akin to a classic bolt action rifle, and as Austin Powers would say, "that's my bag baby, yeah". I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the regulated / unregulated argument ....... the sling shot hammer system incorporated in the Regal does an excellent job of saving air and evening out the shot count, and you get close to full power on every shot. I suppose an important part of the equation will be the intended use of this PCP.

Very difficult (if not impossible) decision to make. Simple solution CZ ......... just purchase both. Worked for me.

Cheers,

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*FX Streamline*Daystate Huntsman*Hatsan BT65*Benjamin Marauder*FX Dreamline*Cometa Orion*Weihrauch HW100S*QB78D 875 FPS*Brocock Concept*Artemis PP700S-A*Diana Chaser*Snowpeak CP1-M*Artemis PP800*FX Radar*Kral Puncher*Artemis M11*

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:20 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Thank you for the few but quality replies. I went ahead and got the Streamline in .22 cal, sporting a beautiful grey laminate stock.
I just need to figure out whether the supplied fill probe is enough to use to fill it with my compressor that has a female QD attachment, or whether I'd need a 1/8" adapter.

FX Streamline .22, Benjamin Discovery .22, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Webley Alecto .22, Weihrauch HW40, Beretta PX4, Crosman 22XX .22, Colt Peacemaker BB, Beeman P17, Gamo 45

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:54 am 

CZ-Sniper wrote:
Thank you for the few but quality replies. I went ahead and got the Streamline in .22 cal, sporting a beautiful grey laminate stock.
I just need to figure out whether the supplied fill probe is enough to use to fill it with my compressor that has a female QD attachment, or whether I'd need a 1/8" adapter.

You know what they say with out pic it never happened ....I am also in the market for another PCP might get another Condor good for out 4x4 ing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:26 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

lauchlin wrote:
You know what they say with out pic it never happened ....I am also in the market for another PCP might get another Condor good for out 4x4 ing

Very true.
I'll be making a mini - review soon, trying to include points that haven't been heavily rehashed already on the Streamline. Info such as accuracy with Hobby pellets on power 1, JSB Express 14.3 on Power 2, and accuracy with and without a muzzle brake.
For now this is how I have that beauty in the case. It's the Plano all weather tactical 42" case. Fits perfectly.
https://flic.kr/p/23tkDGK
https://flic.kr/p/2271Kgr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:06 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Gorgeous!

Nice job on the custom case! Looking forward to your performance review, especially at the lower power settings.

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*FX Streamline*Daystate Huntsman*Hatsan BT65*Benjamin Marauder*FX Dreamline*Cometa Orion*Weihrauch HW100S*QB78D 875 FPS*Brocock Concept*Artemis PP700S-A*Diana Chaser*Snowpeak CP1-M*Artemis PP800*FX Radar*Kral Puncher*Artemis M11*

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:46 pm 

Man, you're going to love that rifle. Bought my synthetic Streamline in the first shipment that came in, and it's been absolutely fantastic. I've shot maybe 1500 rounds through it now, and it hasn't let me down. Shooting 15.9gr JSBs for me had me shooting at 505 fps, 705 fps and 910 fps on the 3 power settings. Seemingly no horizontal shift at all when adjusting, making it very easy to switch to mid power for HFT.

Enjoy!

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:02 pm 

Beautiful gun and nice job on the case!
Did you figure out how to fill it yet or do you need an adapter? Never seen anyone reply to your wondering.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:52 pm 

Looks like the fill stem in the case, below and in front of the TG.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:51 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Daryl wrote:
Looks like the fill stem in the case, below and in front of the TG.

Yep, how embarassing. The good folks at AGS filled up my NINJA tank for me and already installed the coupler onto the FX fill probe.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:02 pm 

Awesome looking gun, nice job with the case. I'm jealous. Maybe in time I'll get a pcp. Just getting started in the sport. Having fun so far. Good luck with the new Streamline :D