Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:41 pm 

The storefront is now closed and no way to order online either. Does anyone know if they will re-open elsewhere? They were the only brick and mortar store in Toronto to have a large airgun selection to view in person.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:43 pm 

Yeah, I want to know too....

Last week I found their website was closed completely....

Sent from my LG mobile

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:07 pm 

was best place for left hand alectos too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:33 pm 

They were clearing out stock since around September. Easier to sell than move.

Reason is the building lease was up and they had to move in Spring.

I never got word on a new location although I asked.

The website used to say "Check back" but now doesn't. It says "storefront permanently closed". I guess that could mean a couple of things.....guess we have to wait and see.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:26 pm 

Very few army surplus stores anymore. A lot get busted for receiving stolen goods. Also the demand isn't really there anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:28 pm 

I have a feeling that they're done for good. It's too bad as I bought a lot of stuff from Tony in the past.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:19 pm 

I hope they re-open. I used to drive from Brantford to buy from them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:14 pm 

Had mixed experiences with ARK (Tony), and their prices were on the high side, but it is a shame to lose them. Their selection was good, and they often got new stuff early in the game. Too bad to lose them.

Regarding earlier comments, ya know, maybe their branding (army surplus) was hurting them. I wonder if they might still be around if their brand focus was on airguns and their "accessories" (army surplus) was focused on airsoft gaming. That's kinda the way I looked at them - obviously the masses were not.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:02 am 

I went over there 2 times, just before christmas, next week the store was closed and only selling online, I ask to him (didnt know his name was Tony) and suggest me that was relocating the store, straight and clear nice guy but in this time like nervous or stressed, keep in mind that he sold fire arms too, and the customers I saw over there was kind of characters so he was pretty busy keeping an eye on everybody in the store.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:09 am 

I bought from them in the past. Dealt with Tony. He was very helpful. Anyone know if they plan on reopening?

They usual carried stock of new airguns before many others did in Canada. They sold the "John Wayne" line of Colt Peacemakers before most other vendors in Canada. Too bad they are gone. One less option to buy from. Tony inferred that he managed the store for a silent owner. Maybe the owner decided it was time to close, as the lease was expiring.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:24 pm 

Check out Hero army surplus in Oshawa, herooutdoors.com. All kinds of stuff in there.

Fully rebuilt Benjamin .22 classic
Some other junk rifles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:09 pm 

30 years ago there were a number of surplus stores in Toronto. I remember King Sol having barrels of Mauser's for 19.95 and up.
Pallets of Garands, SKS's, AK's, deactivated MG's. Rent is now too high, as is the cost of many surplus items, to allow them to stay open.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:16 pm 

Nick's Sports and Surplus on Yonge St. near Wellesley St. has a website and in store stock of several airguns but prices are high as are the prices in some flea markets and Pacific Mall, Markham and NO after sales support from them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:26 am 

paddyfritz wrote:
30 years ago there were a number of surplus stores in Toronto. I remember King Sol having barrels of Mauser's for 19.95 and up.
Pallets of Garands, SKS's, AK's, deactivated MG's. Rent is now too high, as is the cost of many surplus items, to allow them to stay open.

your remember that... :shock:
wow....that was a long time ago i was just a kid....i remember that store very well... 8)
that was the best surplus store around but they got raided by the police and had to close down... :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:10 pm 

Ace wrote:
paddyfritz wrote:

your remember that... :shock:
wow....that was a long time ago i was just a kid....i remember that store very well... 8)
that was the best surplus store around but they got raided by the police and had to close down... :(

They were still open after the Garand incident. It became more of a camping store over the years.
I bought my first rifle there when I was 17.