Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:57 pm 

So I narrowed down to 2 guns.

Crosman TR77 NPS and Stoeger ATAC.. Both are NP, both look like comfy stocks. ATAC is few dollars more than the TR77 but comes with a scope. I never used a Stoeger so I'm not sure how good they are. Any review on the quality?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:18 pm 

I have the TR77NPS and love it. Yes the stock is very ergonomic and well suited for accurate shooting IMO, it is one of my most accurate Crosman rifle out of the box. Don't know if you're planning on buying the PAL version, mine is not. It has a long piston, short stroke, that makes a very nice shot cycle. The rifle is not heavy (about 7 lbs I think), and well balanced. However it has the ''ordinary'' Crosman trigger, so I changed it over to an adjustable custom-made one (two-stage, 1.5 lb pull, curved more forward for my long fingers), and now the rifle is perfect! It came with a CentrePoint 4x32 scope which I changed for a CP 3-9x40 AO MilDot, really worth it. Not noisy, in fact one of the most silent springer I have. So far no problems at all with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:38 pm 

airmec wrote:
I have the TR77NPS and love it. Yes the stock is very ergonomic and well suited for accurate shooting IMO, it is one of my most accurate Crosman rifle out of the box. Don't know if you're planning on buying the PAL version, mine is not. It has a long piston, short stroke, that makes a very nice shot cycle. The rifle is not heavy (about 7 lbs I think), and well balanced. However it has the ''ordinary'' Crosman trigger, so I changed it over to an adjustable custom-made one (two-stage, 1.5 lb pull, curved more forward for my long fingers), and now the rifle is perfect! It came with a CentrePoint 4x32 scope which I changed for a CP 3-9x40 AO MilDot, really worth it. Not noisy, in fact one of the most silent springer I have. So far no problems at all with it.

I was leaning towards the Stoeger only because "100$ off sale" but more I read into it. Didn't seem that good. Accuracy wasn't the best, and I like the common parts of Crosman. Having a couple European guns. It sucks for getting parts.

I looked at the TR77 because the stock and pistol grips are normally more cozy I find. Also probably would be a lighter stock than say the Trail. That was a 4lb syn stock.

I got a Nikko Sterling 3-9X40 AO mount master, wonder if that be worthy enough for the TR77 NPS? Oh and I'll be getting the PAL rated.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:56 pm 

Don't know much about Stoeger rifles, never had one in my hand. Also I saw mixed reviews about them, so maybe kind of a lotto to get a good one.

The TR77 is DEFINITELY lighter than the Trail NP, weighing in at 7 lb 9 oz with the 3-9x40 scope, while my Trail is 9 lb 8 oz with the original 3-9x40 CP scope. The Trail is a very good and accurate rifle, but a bit heavy IMO for freestanding shooting, while the TR shines in all positions. Also I forgot to say in my first post, the TR77 has a storage compartment in the buttstock, which may be appealing to some.

I heard the Nikko Sterling is able to handle the recoil of a magnum springer, but don't take my word on that. Don't know how harsh the full power TR77 is, maybe try it with a scope you already have to get an idea :?: :?: :?: Anyway, if you find one with a good barrel, I personnally think it's worth a good quality scope. I'm not trying to sell you the TR77, it's just that I really like it!

Attachments:
IMG_5422.JPG
IMG_5422.JPG [ 256.67 KiB | Viewed 688 times ]
IMG_5421.JPG
IMG_5421.JPG [ 227.13 KiB | Viewed 688 times ]
IMG_5423.JPG
IMG_5423.JPG [ 192.21 KiB | Viewed 688 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:19 pm 

Yeah If I can find one at a decent price Id pick one up. Probably just put that aftermarket trigger in it.

What I really need to do is put the window in my garage so I can shoot out of. Got all this land to shoot and don't like the cold.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:51 pm 

Don't know if you're still looking for one, I found this: https://tillsonburggunshop.com/Crosman- ... -Air-Rifle

Not that cheap though...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:40 am 

airmec wrote:
Don't know if you're still looking for one, I found this: https://tillsonburggunshop.com/Crosman- ... -Air-Rifle

Not that cheap though...

Thanks, Probably next year. It was the TR77NPS or the MTR ( AR ) but would be afraid of the 2 piece chassi loosening up.

Blew my airgun budget this year on a shoebox compressor, and haven't sold my airguns I don't use. Plus need some stuff around the house.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:46 am 

leadslinger wrote:
Thanks, Probably next year. It was the TR77NPS or the MTR ( AR ) but would be afraid of the 2 piece chassi loosening up.

Blew my airgun budget this year on a shoebox compressor, and haven't sold my airguns I don't use. Plus need some stuff around the house.

It is quite annoying having to spend money on things other than shooting.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:27 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

It is quite annoying having to spend money on things other than shooting.

Going to need to mow the 1 acre I shoot on.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:23 pm 

I wonder if the Crosman incursion is the same as the TR77 NPS?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:45 pm 

Barrel and action looks very similar, may be the same as a TR but with some new clothing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:46 pm 

airmec wrote:
Barrel and action looks very similar, may be the same as a TR but with some new clothing.

It's cheaper at only around 189.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:39 pm 

Personally OP, I would go with the Crosman. I'm a little biased on that one though.