Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:19 pm 

Some days before I had some time and finished doing some tuning jobs on my 1322 trigger.

It includes slightly sanded and polished the sear and the trigger, put some silicone lube on the related parts and followed the instruction on YouTube to compressed the spring and put back on.... NOW, the trigger became much more smoother and lighter.

But I find another issue...

The quality of the spring is not that good, and after compressed it became a bit shorter and sometimes I can't cock the gun ( the spring is not abot to push up the sear enough to hold the hammer)...

I pull the spring to extend it back a bit and most of the time there is no issue. I just afraid it will unexpectely release the hammer after I loaded and pumped the gun... So I have to keep the safe on all the time, but it looks IF the spring to cause the misfire, looks the safe on or off is not helping...

Any suggestions or I can find a better replacement spring for it??

Thanks in advance ~

Sent from my LG cellphone

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:34 pm 

first and foremost you should always feed you pellets last just before your ready
to do your shot not before you start doing your pumping not just in your case....but just in case of
a misfire period at least you wont have a pellet in the breach...same as why you should never
have your finger on a trigger unless your ready to take your shot...little tip for you is to install if you have or can get one
is a blank .22 rim fire cartridge this will keep the spring aligned and ad to the smoothness of the trigger action...
this is a little trick i use... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:14 pm 

Yeah, I know...

Just because the spring looks lost some tension after I compressed ( use my finger tips ) it. And I am afraid if it would cause misfire at any moment after I cocked the gun. Whatever you are loading the pellet, aiming target, or just bring up the gun after loading the pellet and ready to shoot.... So it's not related to when you load the gun or the gun is loaded or not...

Because I tried to pull / extend it after I noticed I can't cock the gun. And so far I got zero misfire, but just thinking there is the potential hazard there... Don't know what kind of the material Crosman used to make this spring, never seen a spring can't extend back to original length (at least close to it) after compressed...

Anyone of you tried to use this trick to tune the Crosman trigger? Any ideas?

Sent from my LG cellphone

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:50 pm 

I was having the same problem on my crosman gun. you can stretch the spring out but it will compress again after bit of use. I ended up replacing it with a different spring that was similar size.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:09 pm 

goto a hardware store and look at their spring section. Find one same size with just a little bit more stiffness. Than cut to length.