Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Need A Durable Dot Sight
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:04 pm 

I have a Webley Typhoon and the rear sight is broken so I'm looking for a durable dot sight.
There's lots out there but I want one that will hold up to the recoil on this gun. Preferably one that is a dovetail mount so I don't have to add any more weight from an adapter.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:19 pm 

Bushnell TRS 25 with a UTG adapter which might only raise it 3mm. But I've put those tasco 42mm red dots thru hell.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:04 pm 

I do have an UTG adapter. I was thinking about the Tasco just wasn't sure how durable they were.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:09 pm 

twister wrote:
I do have an UTG adapter. I was thinking about the Tasco just wasn't sure how durable they were.

Im sure it will last.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:54 pm 

I'm going to try a local store tomorrow and see if they have the Tasco. If not I will order on Monday.
I think this is a sign I should stick with the Diana Pistols. Anyone want to sell me one.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:59 am 

I took my NC Star reflex sight off another gun and used my only adapter to get this thing usable. Seems to work so far but we will see if it holds up to the recoil. I will try and get a shorter adapter in the meantime.

Attachments:
20180204_092529 (3).jpg
20180204_092529 (3).jpg [ 455.79 KiB | Viewed 352 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:30 am 

twister wrote:
I took my NC Star reflex sight off another gun and used my only adapter to get this thing usable. Seems to work so far but we will see if it holds up to the recoil. I will try and get a shorter adapter in the meantime.

Nice. I got a benjamin NP trail pistol and wish I got the Hatsan 25 I guess that Webley is the same.

I like using these. Low profile and add very little height and less bulky. About 15$. Just fits in the weaver ring. mount etc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:13 pm 

I have a few of them. They do work great and are low profile.

I have this Tactical Mini Holographic Dot Reflex Sight on one of my P17's. Inexpensive for $16 works okay. But like most things purchased from Ali Express...it takes forever to get to your door.

Also purchased a 20mm Rail Riflescope Hunting Optics Holographic Red Dot Sight. Yet to mount on anything. It needs a
11mm 20mm Converter to.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:18 pm 

I was looking at some reflex sights as well. Our regular suppliers are somewhat lacking in choice for them. What brand of reflex sights are you guys using ? There's lots on amazon but I think they are mostly airsoft.
For those who aren't familiar with the Typhoon the whole top of the gun recoils a bit to offset the piston slamming forward. It's supposed to lessen the overall recoil. I think. lol. It still has a pretty good kick so I don't want a sight that is to flimsy. Don't want to break the bank either.