Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:17 pm 

Guys - I looked but could not find the reference to larger air tanks for the Gauntlet. Could someone direct me to it/them pls?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:19 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Yes- I am liking the long shroud too. Stock doesn't feel like a hollow shell - but perhaps, almost but not quite like a Blackline?

I can relate to that blackline feel. :lol:

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:03 pm 

Yes - think so - Mrod mags. Just weighed it (empty) without the scope/rings/base - 8 lb. 6 ounces, 2oz. under declared weight. Just put a thin wedge on the tank bottom between the plastic forend and the tank - now the forend does not touch the barrel shroud when set on bags. I am going to make a support ring to go around the tank and barrel shroud. This will be made out of UHMW most likely. I initially though of using maple or walnut, but I'll go over to redwood plastics and buy a 3/8" thick piece 2 3/8" wide by 3 1/2" tall. Since it is available in black, that is the colour of choice to match the rifle and it's coverings.

Last edited by Daryl on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:08 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Are they Mrod mags?

I, too, am waiting to hear more from you, Darl, after you've had a chance to shoot it.

Hey Murray - Wed. evening is a regular night for air rifle, so may have to go in the afternoon, or Thursday night. I think Silhouette is one for Wed. night - maybe the target shooters, though.
They only shoot from 50' and that will not be much of a test - kind of a waist of pellets and nitrogen.
Just had our AGM & elections of club officers last night - in for another year as a Director (General Handgun). That gives me a key to the clubhouse. Yipeeeeeeee.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:11 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Guys - I looked but could not find the reference to larger air tanks for the Gauntlet. Could someone direct me to it/them pls?

This is the one I have coming.
3000 PSI Aluminum Tank Air Cyclinder Bottle For Paintball PCP 0.38L 5/8"-18UNF

And I bought a Reg off of Paintball Gear.ca The SHP one is the one with 1100psi output.
Ninja Pro V2 4500PSI Regulator SHP

Daryl not sure if you've seen this one yet but it does address the shroud touching the barrel and causing POI drift.

Umarex Gauntlet Handgaurd Alignment Quick FIX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:05 am 

HuskyDude wrote:
Daryl wrote:

This is the one I have coming.
3000 PSI Aluminum Tank Air Cyclinder Bottle For Paintball PCP 0.38L 5/8"-18UNF

And I bought a Reg off of Paintball Gear.ca The SHP one is the one with 1100psi output.
Ninja Pro V2 4500PSI Regulator SHP

Daryl not sure if you've seen this one yet but it does address the shroud touching the barrel and causing POI drift.

Umarex Gauntlet Handgaurd Alignment Quick FIX

because your putting a 4500psi reg on an aluminum 3000 psi tank id be very
careful on your fill pressure, you better hope your gauge is accurate and don't fill past 3000psi...
because your reg 4500psi your burst disc will not go before your tank go's...not cool

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:25 am 

Found this write-up - different pellets with targets and velocities. One of them at 25 yards -= not bad.
https://hardairmagazine.com/reviews/uma ... 2-caliber/
Hope mine is a bit faster - we'll see.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:37 am 

looks like a pretty decent pcp for the price... 8)
considering the nice shot string, 10yrds is not much of a test
the 25yrd one was pretty impressive, but to see what it can do at 50yrds would be a real test... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:56 am 

Daryl wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:
Are they Mrod mags?

I, too, am waiting to hear more from you, Darl, after you've had a chance to shoot it.

Hey Murray - Wed. evening is a regular night for air rifle, so may have to go in the afternoon, or Thursday night. I think Silhouette is one for Wed. night - maybe the target shooters, though.
They only shoot from 50' and that will not be much of a test - kind of a waist of pellets and nitrogen.
Just had our AGM & elections of club officers last night - in for another year as a Director (General Handgun). That gives me a key to the clubhouse. Yipeeeeeeee.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:57 am 

Good call Ace... Image
After talking with the owner of Paintball Gear he is sending the proper 5k disc.

Funny while talking to him on the phone before I ordered the Reg (he only had the 4.5k Reg. that was preset to 1100psi)
We did discuss that...but I guess I forgot to request them when I finally did order. My bad.

Again thx for catching it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:12 am 

Daryl wrote:
Found this write-up - different pellets with targets and velocities. One of them at 25 yards -= not bad.
https://hardairmagazine.com/reviews/uma ... 2-caliber/
Hope mine is a bit faster - we'll see.

After trying the Gauntlet for awhile...
I want to make sure my bottles are pretty close to each other...thinking 1200-1250psi output.
I've ordered some Belleville washers and shims from Fastenal.
Here some Fastenal #'s for ya. Go to thier web page and punch in the numbers.
Shim's come in a pack of 10.
Bellevile come in a pair. (I think)

SKU: 33363 Belleville
SKU:7041804 .005
SKU: 7041811 .020
SKU: 7041808 .010

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:53 am 

If your into modding, there is a ($65 US) tune kit available that gives 105 shots with the stock tank (avg. 3 FPS less than the standard tune), but also includes a power adjuster so you can crank it up to over 30 FPE.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:47 am 

Spaceman88 wrote:
If your into modding, there is a ($65 US) tune kit available that gives 105 shots with the stock tank (avg. 3 FPS less than the standard tune), but also includes a power adjuster so you can crank it up to over 30 FPE.

Link?

The Gauntlet sure looks tactical. I love that they made the stock adjustable. Hope this is a trend for new models to come. Wish they did this for the good value classed powder burners too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:52 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
Spaceman88 wrote:

Link?

The Gauntlet sure looks tactical. I love that they made the stock adjustable. Hope this is a trend for new models to come. Wish they did this for the good value classed powder burners too.

Youtube video....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwIqGXnTVMY

This guy has a lot of videos on the Gauntlet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:08 am 

Spaceman88 wrote:

Yes!
The kits are offered by Jefferson State Air Rifles
I talked with Travis the owner and have one coming. He just finish getting the kits back from anodizing Monday.

Hajimoto on YouTube has produced a lot of very well made vids on the Gauntlet!
Best I've seen!!!!ImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next