Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:38 pm
Posts: 152
so for some reason i decided to get a 2260. i just wanted to know if they make a Canadian version?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2820
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
I don't think they did. Its basically a 2240 ( same valve ) with just a heavier hammer spring and longer barrel.

But they do make a SUB 500 FPS QB78.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:38 pm
Posts: 152
leadslinger wrote:
I don't think they did. Its basically a 2240 ( same valve ) with just a heavier hammer spring and longer barrel.

But they do make a SUB 500 FPS QB78.

ok, thanks for letting me know that this exists. actually kinda looks better then the crosman, at least the chamber and bolt area...
is this just a clone of the crosman though? not that it matters.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2820
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Ausername wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
I don't think they did. Its basically a 2240 ( same valve ) with just a heavier hammer spring and longer barrel.

But they do make a SUB 500 FPS QB78.

ok, thanks for letting me know that this exists. actually kinda looks better then the crosman, at least the chamber and bolt area...
is this just a clone of the crosman though? not that it matters.


Well pretty much. Both clones or works from the Crosman 160. The QB78 has a steel breech, where the 2260 has the plastic breech like the 2240. So don't need to upgrade the breech if you want to mount a scope.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 4:47 pm
Posts: 81
Location: Pinehurst, NS.
Was there ever a non PAL version of the 2260 available in Canada? Just curious as I'm putting together a sub 500fps version from parts.

_________________
ratchetman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:19 pm
Posts: 8987
Location: Coalmont BC
Not as far as I know.... The 2260 requires a PAL.... If you don't have one and are stopped for some reason, you can expect quite a hassle.... It would be up to you to PROVE that you detuned it, and it doesn't break 500 fps with the lightest .22 cal pellets available.... I'm not even sure that would satisfy them.... :roll:

The QB is a nicer gun, with a better trigger, you can mount a scope on the scope receiver.... and the .22 version is non-PAL, so no hassles....

Bob

_________________
Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
Airsonal;
Too many! Springers, Pumpers, CO2, but I love my PCPs and developing them!
Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:52 am
Posts: 2977
Location: Caronport, Saskatchewan
Qb is a great gun! Highly recommend it [emoji846]
Once you get your pal it is also extremely simple to bump the power up on it. Just change the transfer port to a bigger one and you'll be shooting in the 600fps range in 22. It can be made a lot more powerful with more extensive mods as well. It takes two co2 cartridges at once so you get a pile of shots on a fill. Very accurate barrels.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

_________________
Website: https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 4:47 pm
Posts: 81
Location: Pinehurst, NS.
rsterne wrote:
Not as far as I know.... The 2260 requires a PAL.... If you don't have one and are stopped for some reason, you can expect quite a hassle.... It would be up to you to PROVE that you detuned it, and it doesn't break 500 fps with the lightest .22 cal pellets available.... I'm not even sure that would satisfy them.... :roll:

The QB is a nicer gun, with a better trigger, you can mount a scope on the scope receiver.... and the .22 version is non-PAL, so no hassles....

Bob

Thank you Bob. I will take your advice and just go for my PAL.

_________________
ratchetman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2820
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
ratchetman wrote:
rsterne wrote:
Not as far as I know.... The 2260 requires a PAL.... If you don't have one and are stopped for some reason, you can expect quite a hassle.... It would be up to you to PROVE that you detuned it, and it doesn't break 500 fps with the lightest .22 cal pellets available.... I'm not even sure that would satisfy them.... :roll:

The QB is a nicer gun, with a better trigger, you can mount a scope on the scope receiver.... and the .22 version is non-PAL, so no hassles....

Bob

Thank you Bob. I will take your advice and just go for my PAL.


NR PAL in NS would be 50$ + tax, and than another 50 for the application. Plus the travel if they don't have a course close by, meals etc. Would be cheaper to just get a QB 78. Since they are sub 500 FPS. And both the QB78 and 2260 based of the same gun.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 4:47 pm
Posts: 81
Location: Pinehurst, NS.
leadslinger wrote:
ratchetman wrote:
rsterne wrote:
Not as far as I know.... The 2260 requires a PAL.... If you don't have one and are stopped for some reason, you can expect quite a hassle.... It would be up to you to PROVE that you detuned it, and it doesn't break 500 fps with the lightest .22 cal pellets available.... I'm not even sure that would satisfy them.... :roll:

The QB is a nicer gun, with a better trigger, you can mount a scope on the scope receiver.... and the .22 version is non-PAL, so no hassles....

Bob

Thank you Bob. I will take your advice and just go for my PAL.




NR PAL in NS would be 50$ + tax, and than another 50 for the application. Plus the travel if they don't have a course close by, meals etc. Would be cheaper to just get a QB 78. Since they are sub 500 FPS. And both the QB78 and 2260 based of the same gun.


I've been planning on getting a PAL anyway.

_________________
ratchetman


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO