Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Beretta Px4 Storm
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:09 pm 

Just bought this air pistol but before I put anything through it I wanna get you options on it and the best type of pellet to use in it.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Beretta Px4 Storm
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:56 pm 

That's my very first "new" pellet gun I bought! Love it. CTC had them on sale!
I use mostly Crosman Wadcutter 7.4gr and RWS Superdomes 8.3gr because that's what I have on hand.
You really need a few Extra Magazines.
I only tried BB's in it once. I don't like using steel BB's on a rifled barrel.

Michael Kaye from Replica Airguns in BC has a couple of good video's
Umarex Beretta PX4 Storm Pellet Gun Review
Beretta PX4 Storm First Gen Versus New Head to Head Showdown

Good luck I'm sure you will enjoy it...

FYI The rabbit hole gets deeper ever day....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:43 pm 

Flat nose "Wadcutter" Only!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:36 pm 

Also have this one since a year ago. Picked-up here from Dinobino that had only 2 CO2 capsules run through the pistol. I sourced a second magazine off of Amazon.ca while ordering some other items.
The pistol shoots very hot (370ish) and use EXCLUSIVELY Wadcutter pellets for best performance. Doesn't seem to care about any particular brand of pellets ...but I found that by 'seating' each pellet it reduced the number of 'flyers'. May not make much difference if you're just plinking at empty cans...but aiming for some precision it will have a positive effect.

BTW...the Beretta Px4 Storm magazines look identical to the SigSauer P226 Mk 25 mags...but they are not interchangeable. The Beretta mags are slightly longer and the magazine catches are not located in the same positions. I wasn't silly enough to try but observent enough to catch the subtil differences.
Happy shooting!

Hawk-i

KRAL Puncher .177
S.A.G AR2078-B Match .177
Weihrauch HW50S .117
FAS 6004
Webley Hurricane
Weihrauch HW45 SS .22
Daisy Avanti 747
Artemis PP700S-A
'HAVE GUN. WILL SHOOT'

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:06 am 

I'll chirp in with an X3 to add to the credibility of this info. Any reputable lead wadcutter will shoot well in this pistol, and seating the pellets may indeed improve the consistency of the PX4 Storm's performance. I believe there are still only two different 8x8 stick magazines, and the one you want is the one with the two rectangular cutouts on one side of the stick.

As a tip, don't try to judge the PX4 too early in your experience. I bought this pistol a month or so after it came out, and I learned to love to hate it. It was my first experience with a blowback pistol and I thought it had quite a wallop for an air gun simuating a powder burner. I've gone gack to that pistol several times since it was a regular shooter for me, and I STILL think it packs a wallop of a recoil compared to most other CO2 blowback pellet pistols. I loved it; I found it to be pretty accurate once I learned how to tame the blowback action. In my early experiences, the gun appeared to shoot anywhere it wanted to - confirming it's reputation for being "not so accurate."

It's not a great pistol for those with expectations that it will shoot accurately if you simply point it in the right direction. An S&W 586 will do that for you if that's what you want. Shooting a PX4 is a game; do you want to take up the challenge with this pistol, or don't you. It entertained me for at least a couple of years - on and off. But I used it along with several other pistol shooters, and I could compare and thereby understand I must have unique expectations for the PX4.

Sorry, I'm ranting. I think this pellet pistol is significantly underrated in the performance department (specifically accuracy). It's there, but it doesn't come easily.

Enjoy your ride, but here's a second tip if you really want to tame the beast: two magazines tops, then freshen up the cartridge. The challenge is sufficient without having to deal with the accuracy issues caused by a rapidly depleting power supply.

Cheers.
$.00

EDIT: There. This thread can now legitimately remain in the Equipment Reviews forum. :D

EDIT AGAIN: Right on, Husky; I forgot about the re-release.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:08 am 

Quote:
the one you want is the one with the two rectangular cutouts on one side of the stick.

to add to Edmonton 500 distinctive feature of the Px4 Beretta magazine....these 'rectangular cutouts' have a small spring loaded tab that protrudes from the side of the mag. and are there to catch on the Mag Release mechanism within the grip. The magazine for the SigSauer P226 Mk 25 doesn't have this obvious feature that can be identified even if you don't have a Sig and Px4 mag side by side to compare.
Cheers!

Hawk-i

KRAL Puncher .177
S.A.G AR2078-B Match .177
Weihrauch HW50S .117
FAS 6004
Webley Hurricane
Weihrauch HW45 SS .22
Daisy Avanti 747
Artemis PP700S-A
'HAVE GUN. WILL SHOOT'