Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Multi-pump rifles
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:09 am 

DDtank wrote:
Yes indeed. I wouldn't mind having a go of one but if I do invest anything into this idea, maybe it will just be $80 or so in a NXG or a 2100 which is not so much if I then hate it.
As far as single strokes go, there is the 753 but the reviews aren't great for $300. Other than that, I am now researching cheapo Crosman gas spring rifles for something a bit different from a steel springer...

What's not great on the 753?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:36 am 

Ace wrote:
airmec wrote:
I've always loved pumpers, and will always do! Takes me back to my younger days! :wink:

finally someone who's not lazy... 8) :wink:
lol ~ pumping actually is not a problem to me ~ so I love my 1322 too ~

however now a date is so hurry everywhere , pumping 10 times then shoot need too much time than just 'pump' once and shoot ~

Cheers ~

Sent from my LG cellphone

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:52 am 

YepYep wrote:
however now a date is so hurry everywhere , pumping 10 times then shoot need too much time than just 'pump' once and shoot ~

yes the SSP's do have that advantage... :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:55 am 

There are some great deals in the for sale section right now for multi pumps.

topic78912.html

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:03 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:

I don't really know it at all so just going by the Pyramyd reviews. Seems it's okay but some claim the trigger is not all that great for a target rifle.

Thanks TriggerH - I am thinking about those too, Woody pm'ed my a couple of days ago.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:37 pm 

DDtank wrote:
Thanks TriggerH - I am thinking about those too, Woody pm'ed my a couple of days ago.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:13 pm 

DDtank wrote:
jckstrthmghty wrote:

I don't really know it at all so just going by the Pyramyd reviews. Seems it's okay but some claim the trigger is not all that great for a target rifle.

The trigger is the weak spot but can be worked on and they are very accurate. A bit too light for my taste though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:26 pm 

This thread got me to thinking about my Crosman M4-177 that I thought could not hit a barn door at 25 feet. So I never really shot it since I bought it nearly a year ago. After a sore palm and 4 hours of shooting I am getting it dialed in. I thought it needed a new barrel but it turns out it was me not the gun. Got a few ideas to get it dialed in better hopefully. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:37 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:
This thread got me to thinking about my Crosman M4-177 that I thought could not hit a barn door at 25 feet. So I never really shot it since I bought it nearly a year ago. After a sore palm and 4 hours of shooting I am getting it dialed in. I thought it needed a new barrel but it turns out it was me not the gun. Got a few ideas to get it dialed in better hopefully. CHEERS!
lol~ it looks likely exactly talking about my HW45 ~ If not the reviews and reputation of this gun are soooooo good, I think I was cheated ~

After a whole weekend and more than 500 pellets (I suspected it would be about 700 pellets as I empty 1 new 250 tin, and 3 not very full small tins...), I got sore palms, painful finger tips ( I think it's caused by non stop picking up pellets and put it into the breach... becaused in the break time of shooting the HW45, I shot the HW40, another more than 500 pellets on it....)... I can get my pellets on the targets ( at least I know where is the pellet after I pulled the trigger now....[emoji29])

Sent from my LG cellphone

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:18 pm 

First got back into pellet guns again I almost bought a Weihrauch HW 45 Black Star. Decided against it because I am not really a pistol guy. I like my scoped pellet rifles.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:43 pm 

Love my 392, now saying that I don't shoot it all the time. Springers are my favourite. I like guns that don't require an external power source. (C02, HPA).
Don't get me wrong I have many C02, HPA guns but the ease of shooting pump guns and springers just makes it simple. Gun/pellets that's it.
I would go with the 392 over the 397 more stopping power!
I sold my 1400 a few months back but now regret it, I guess its what you grew up with.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:14 am 

I'm a fan of the Daisy 880. Cheap at $50 US, but hard to find in Canada. Mine has about 20,000 bbs through it, (courtesy of my neighbour's grandson) plus several thousand pellets. That pump arm must have cycled at least 100,000 times. The gun still looks, operates, and shoots like new. It still will shoot dime size groups at 20 meters with pellets. 4 pumps=500fps, 6 pumps=600fps, 10 pumps=720fps (with 7.0gr pellets). I mostly shoot it at 4-5 pumps. Much easier to pump than any Crosman.

I'm not multitasking. I'm doing something else until I remember what I was doing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:51 pm 

Forgot about my Daisy 856 until I read the last post. It's so light and can be pumped with 2 fingers!!!, and shoots pellets around 650 fps. Very light ones very close to or into 700fps!
The funny thing is it feels and looks like a toy gun.