Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:30 pm 

well 2 months after my 63rd birthday. and I just picked up my new bifocals today. I,m supposed to wear them all the time. I,ve been starting to lose interest a bit lately in shooting and these aren,t going to help much. hopefully spring will perk me back up a bit because I love shooting my pellet and bb guns. just wondered if any one else wears them. and maybe some body knows where i can get a pair of decent safety glasses to fit over them. thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:52 pm 

I have a little bit far sighted but I don't need the reading glasses except I really need it ( service my guns, trimming nails...).

And some time ago I found the tri-focal (if I can call it this name) reading glasses from Shopper's drug mart. It functions with a main focus for reading which you can just buy the right one for you like you looking for other reading glasses, then it has a lighter focus for using with computers, then a 1/2 or something more lighter focus for a little bit help in normal usage ( like talking with others face to face...)

I tried one for two days and looks okay ~ it helps in seeing the front sight and the targets. However I returned it finally as it's not very fit to my face and the glasses keep falling from my nose and I was not very used to have a pair of glasses on for a long time... (I never wearing glasses in my life, but since 2 or 3 years ago, I started using reading glasses....)

Sent from my LG cellphone

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:59 pm 

I got for a few years already, and I'm 47 but high blood pressure of 265/104 did not help me, had it for many years high blood pressure.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:33 pm 

1st pair a few years ago were really bad. No way I could focus on the sights and target at the same time. Shooting was pretty frustrating. Had my eyes checked a couple of years ago and found out my prescription was way too strong. Love the new ones. Most of my shooting is at 25 yards and I generally have no problems with pistols and open sights.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:09 pm 

I wear progressive lenses. They work well. I never had problem with scoped guns or scoped crossbows. When I first started wearing them I could not shoot my bows. Went threw thousands of dollars with clarifiers, verifiers, bow scopes with different magnifiers ect on my bows to see pins and target over the two years. Got a new pair of Nike sports frames and realized for two years I was looking through the nose piece and not the glasses. Now I get glasses very close together between the eyes and my eye lashes touch the glass. Solved all my troubles I was having. Good luck to you. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:26 pm 

I tested them out today. my 20 ft range. with my daisy red ryder which I keep out in the garage for my target testing. from 20 ft the targets were crisper and clearer than without the glasses. I did good shooting with the cheap daisy. but the very last shot bounced back right by my head and slammed into the door. that's why I ask about wrap around safety glasses. these dam things cost me almost $400.00 bucks. no more shootin for me without a good safety glass covering.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:33 pm 

Optics places have 2 for one sales. You can get 2 pair for $400. I have 2 good sets and my old Nike pair is for bowfishing in case they land in the water. I would rather get a pellet in my glasses than in my eyeball. I sat in my hunting blind right on my Nike glasses and that when I realized I needed spares. LOL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:44 pm 

I wear a pair similar to these with a prescription lens. Available with a progressive lens.

https://www.framesdirect.com/framesfp/Titmus-tdrgqh/r.html

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:02 pm 

For my 50th I got PRK (laser) done. Now just have reading safety glasses.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:12 pm 

FRANK wrote:
I got for a few years already, and I'm 47 but high blood pressure of 265/104 did not help me, had it for many years high blood pressure.

Frank - I hope you are paying attention to that!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm 67/8 in May - been 120/70 to 126/83 for a long time now?

If I sit for a while and think of walking through the fall bush, sun shining, birds singing, sitting against a tree, just taking it all in
my blood pressure will drop to 112/64 or so. Getting your blood pressure taken when anxious or ticked at someone's lack of driving
skill, can have exceptional results on your blood pressure.

AHA- this thread- Pete - when using iron sights as on a black powder trail walk, I will usually wear a pair of 'readers', .5 to .75 dipoter.

The .75's were ordered through an optometrist's office. They could not get me .5's, so I bought & a pair of .25's those on-line form an outfit in Ontario.

The .5's and the .75's are usable. The target is a bit fuzzier, but the centre of the fuzz is the X ring and seeing the sights almost SHARPLY makes for

much more accurate shooting than having the sights really fuzzy and a sharp target.

I've been wearing bifoculs for 12 years. Progressives are absolutely useless for shooting due to having such a narrow focus location - that is 1/4" hard right

of where you look through the lens when using the sights - scope or irons.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:27 am 

On my second pair of progressives and still was not happy shooting so I splurged for some safety glasses that have a snap in prescription insert. Had a single vision for shooting put into them and I am back to shooting happiness. Getting old isn't for sissies they tell me.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:12 am 

thanks for all the input guys. i had a pair of the yellow tinted safety glasses i bought a long time ago-- collecting dust because i never wore them. i tried them and they fit pretty decent over top these new demon glasses. I'll try a few shots later with my p17.