Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:50 pm 

So looks like a registry and log is coming back. Having someone say. I have a PAL. Isn't good enough now.

Quote:
Non restricted transfers will require a the seller to call in the sale, get a transfer number, the buyer has to call in with said transfer number to complete the transaction.

Quote:
Retailers must keep records of non restricted sales and police can examine them under judicial order

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:08 pm 

utter bs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:25 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Yup,

Let's get the retailers to do all the work for free.

*Air Arms S510 Extra*FX Streamline*Daystate Huntsman*Hatsan BT65*Benjamin Marauder*FX Dreamline*Cometa Orion*Weihrauch HW100S*QB78D 875 FPS*Brocock Concept*Artemis PP700S-A*Diana Chaser*Snowpeak CP1-M*Artemis PP800*FX Radar*Kral Puncher*Artemis M11*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:29 pm 

What did people think would happen when they voted Liberals? you could see it happening if/when they got back in. Sold a lot of mine and bought new ones when registry was scrapped as I have no trust the registry is totally gone. CHEERS! I own no guns now. LOL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:18 pm 

Yes - I've been busy too - I'm down to two.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:30 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
So looks like a registry and log is coming back. Having someone say. I have a PAL. Isn't good enough now.

Quote:
Non restricted transfers will require a the seller to call in the sale, get a transfer number, the buyer has to call in with said transfer number to complete the transaction.

Quote:
Retailers must keep records of non restricted sales and police can examine them under judicial order

some questions

So - when calling in the sale, do they/gov't ask what is it along with S# etc? Nothing stated on that --- yet.

Why would a transfer number be necessary if the firearm is not 'registered' to an individual already, thus not necessitating a "transfer" permit?

It would have to be registered to a person at an fixed address for a transfer to be necessary in the first place.

Now, such a transfer as they indicate could/would indeed be the start of a back-door registry - however ALL the firearm information would need be recorded by THEM

for this to work as such.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:40 pm 

Daryl wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

some questions

So - when calling in the sale, do they/gov't ask what is it along with S# etc? Nothing stated on that --- yet.

Why would a transfer number be necessary if the firearm is not 'registered' to an individual already, thus not necessitating a "transfer" permit?

It would have to be registered to a person at an fixed address for a transfer to be necessary in the first place.

Now, such a transfer as they indicate could/would indeed be the start of a back-door registry - however ALL the firearm information would need be recorded by THEM

Not sure, Its not law yet. Just went thru the first reading.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:41 pm 

Short term as Ontario Premier and as Prime Minister Doug Ford will end it once again. Maybe we will even get another long weekend a year from him. Call it "Rob Ford bobblehead day". :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:54 pm 

Just curious....
Will this end up being like selling a preowned vehicle and transferring ownership... someone is going to want GST or PST on said transfer?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:09 pm 

Daryl wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

some questions

It would appear, based on the wording, that there is no lawful requirement for the seller to either identify himself or the item being sold. It is not a transfer permit but is described as a reference number. You are merely asking if a PAL is valid and they would provide formal proof of such. The problem is in the logistics. How do sell a gun on the weekend, at a gun show, or just can't get through to the CFC or whatnot. If the validation info could be obtained online in real time it would be more workable. I can see this provision ending up being yet another "red tape" failure that was ill conceived by people with a lack of knowledge. The irony is that there is no requirement to state that a gun has indeed been transferred as the reference is obtained before a sale/transfer, and any particular sale can fall through. So it is a useless provision. I suppose one could make the case that it protects the seller, but even that is a stretch.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:23 pm 

According to one news article the Liberals are setting up a website the vendor logs into and types in both his license and the buyers license number and the website then checks and verifies whether they are valid. Still a bunch of hassle but better than having to call anyway.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:37 pm 

Yes just read

https://globalnews.ca/news/4094224/real ... anges/amp/

Lots of BS now to deal with!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:16 am 

jwg wrote:
Yes just read

Not sure why the seller has to provide his PAL ( according to the article ).... could it be they fishing for something ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:33 am 

Ron G. wrote:
jwg wrote:
Yes just read

Not sure why the seller has to provide his PAL ( according to the article ).... could it be they fishing for something ?

Start of a backdoor registry, why else?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:38 am 

leadslinger wrote:
Ron G. wrote:
jwg wrote:
Yes just read

Start of a backdoor registry, why else?
I would agree but there is no requirement to identify the firearm being sold ... as far as I can tell.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk