Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Silver Streak
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:43 am
Posts: 18
Hi CAF

Been mulling over grabbing a silver streak for some cheap fun but fun is subjective.

What kind of accuracy can one expect from this multi pump airgun? It's no fun if the tin cans don't dance!

I wonder about consistent air tank pressure for any given number of pumps.

What kind of life expectancy can be attributed to the pump arm over the course of a few summers?

Looking for owners or former owners to throw their 2¢ in and give it to me straight.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silver Streak
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2819
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
tacticalcanuck wrote:
Hi CAF

Been mulling over grabbing a silver streak for some cheap fun but fun is subjective.

What kind of accuracy can one expect from this multi pump airgun? It's no fun if the tin cans don't dance!

I wonder about consistent air tank pressure for any given number of pumps.

What kind of life expectancy can be attributed to the pump arm over the course of a few summers?

Looking for owners or former owners to throw their 2¢ in and give it to me straight.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


My Benjamin 312 was plenty accurate. It be more accurate than a springer being that don't need no special hold. Well your looking at a gun made of brass, steel and wood. With no plastic. So expect it to last. If your looking at a 20 cal silver streak, it wouldn't be cheap fun being that the pellets are not cheap. 20 cal isn't super common anymore.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silver Streak
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:27 pm
Posts: 2089
Location: Toronto
leadslinger wrote:
tacticalcanuck wrote:
Hi CAF

Been mulling over grabbing a silver streak for some cheap fun but fun is subjective.

What kind of accuracy can one expect from this multi pump airgun? It's no fun if the tin cans don't dance!

I wonder about consistent air tank pressure for any given number of pumps.

What kind of life expectancy can be attributed to the pump arm over the course of a few summers?

Looking for owners or former owners to throw their 2¢ in and give it to me straight.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


My Benjamin 312 was plenty accurate. It be more accurate than a springer being that don't need no special hold. Well your looking at a gun made of brass, steel and wood. With no plastic. So expect it to last. If your looking at a 20 cal silver streak, it wouldn't be cheap fun being that the pellets are not cheap. 20 cal isn't super common anymore.


X2. Go for 22cal for can punching.

_________________
"...await the right moment for one, and only one well-aimed shot" - Vassili Zaitsev


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silver Streak
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:43 am
Posts: 18
Found some at a place called D&L. Fair price too from what I can tell.

Canadian shooting supplies has one as well for about $60 cheaper over all.

I guess I will need to research tuning it before I make my final choice.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silver Streak
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2819
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
tacticalcanuck wrote:
Found some at a place called D&L. Fair price too from what I can tell.

Canadian shooting supplies has one as well for about $60 cheaper over all.

I guess I will need to research tuning it before I make my final choice.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


Ohhhh. Your looking at the Benjamin 392 and or 397. They kinda looks like a silver or blue streak. But they are not. Those were made before Crosman bought out Benjamin.

The newer 392/397 are basically a Crosman 1377 power plant.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silver Streak
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:43 am
Posts: 18
Great information thanks - are blue and silver streaks still out there? I have a 1377 and it is most certainly not pal rated nor do I like it much.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silver Streak
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:55 am 
Offline
Site sponsor and moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:40 pm
Posts: 6371
Location: Eastern Passage N.S.
https://dlairgun.com/collections/benjam ... oducts/392
https://dlairgun.com/collections/benjam ... oducts/397

_________________
René


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silver Streak
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2819
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
tacticalcanuck wrote:
Great information thanks - are blue and silver streaks still out there? I have a 1377 and it is most certainly not pal rated nor do I like it much.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


Blue and Silver are still around most of them are on 20cal, but be prepared to pay a bit for them. If you don't like the 1377, you might not the like 397/392 or blue or silver streak. I assume you don't like the pumping all the time?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silver Streak
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:43 am
Posts: 18
Not so much the pumps but rather the small grip area finger pinching because of that and all the plastic. Mine is covered in brown plastic. And if mine shoots over 200fps I'll eat a tin of pellets.

But that's for another thread another day. I don't mind paying for quality. And I'm glad I asked because I would of been a little disappointed had I found out I didn't get what I thought I was.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silver Streak
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:43 am
Posts: 18
under500fps wrote:
https://dlairgun.com/collections/benjamin-sheridan-rifles/products/392
https://dlairgun.com/collections/benjam ... oducts/397
These are what I found yes. But I'm being told they are not silver streaks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silver Streak
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2819
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
tacticalcanuck wrote:
under500fps wrote:
https://dlairgun.com/collections/benjamin-sheridan-rifles/products/392
https://dlairgun.com/collections/benjam ... oducts/397
These are what I found yes. But I'm being told they are not silver streaks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


They're just 177 or 22 versions of the gun your calling the silver streak. When in fact the silver streak is polished nickel.

This is a example of a silver streak and a blue streak.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silver Streak
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:43 am
Posts: 18
leadslinger wrote:
tacticalcanuck wrote:
under500fps wrote:
https://dlairgun.com/collections/benjamin-sheridan-rifles/products/392
https://dlairgun.com/collections/benjam ... oducts/397
These are what I found yes. But I'm being told they are not silver streaks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


They're just 177 or 22 versions of the gun your calling the silver streak. When in fact the silver streak is polished nickel.

This is a example of a silver streak and a blue streak.

Image
That's what I'm talking about. The ones on DL look just like those too. But I guess the internals are completely different?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silver Streak
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:27 pm
Posts: 16
Some reviews, in no particular order, to help you make a decision:

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Benjamin_392_pump_air_rifle/205

http://airgunmaniac.com/crosman-benjamin-392-22-caliber-variable-pump-air-rifle-review/

https://riflejudge.com/benjamin-392-review/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silver Streak
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2819
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
tacticalcanuck wrote:
That's what I'm talking about. The ones on DL look just like those too. But I guess the internals are completely different?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


Just think of it as a different generation of the same model. Slight differences but not quite. The internals are different. Like I said the new 392/397 are internally like a Crosman 1377. Where original streaks were different valves.

Streaks were only 20cal. If you find one, you be looking at over 200$.

Like I just sold my Benjamin 312 from the 50s other than the forearm it would be like the streak. Valves would be almost the same.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silver Streak
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:43 am
Posts: 18
That is a nice pic. I have no idea why I got a bug to hunt one down - but by all accounts I read they are good shooters. Wonder if people have the same luck with the newer ones?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO