Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Bill C-71 petition
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:41 pm 

Ya I got same notification.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:18 pm 

Me too

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:38 am 

paddyfritz wrote:
Email from the gov today.
"This is to inform you that petition e-1608, which you signed on the e-petitions website of the House of Commons, was presented in the House of Commons on September 19, 2018. You will be notified once a government response has been tabled. "

Yeah it's the 3rd reading today.

Yesterday all my gunnie friends were like they are going to say something we all would like.

Was nothing more then if elect ill repeal C71 if Liberal bring it in.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:52 pm 

Well it passed.... Dang.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:12 pm 

What really changes? looks like mostly prohibited and restricted changes. Unless I'm reading wrong? I suck with legal mumbo-jumbo

Fully rebuilt Benjamin .22 classic
Some other junk rifles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:19 pm 

Carpenter84 wrote:
What really changes? looks like mostly prohibited and restricted changes. Unless I'm reading wrong? I suck with legal mumbo-jumbo

Back door registry, allowing the RCMP to change classification as they see fit......
Scheer says he will repeal it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:29 pm 

Carpenter84 wrote:

ALOT, It's a useless bill to fight gun crime by going after law abiding gun owners. And not criminals.

It's a start of a new long gun registry. Since you're a new licensed holder. Canada had one, that was court ordered destroyed but they kept it. Use it to forum a new one in Quebec. Included airguns.

Mental health or back ground check for life and not 5 years.

Back to paper ATT's, no longer attached to your RPAL. Waste of money.

Non Restricted transfers including airguns. Will require a person to call the CFP. Give their info, obtain a REF #, to give to the person to complete a sale. Which they will just tell the CFP that they need make model. So volla a gun registry.

Gun stores will be required to keep a log of guns sold.

Allowing the RCMP to make the laws and not have to go thru Parliament. They banned a 22LR in a chassi because it looks like an AK and called it a variant.

RCMP also banned 10/22 mags that was legal. Now must be pinned to 10rds.

They been after semi autos for years. They banned 2 over night, CPC brought them back, and RCMP will ban them again.

They won't end there. They will go after SKSs, SVT40, M14/M305s, AR15s and other semi auto rifles. It's just a start to a total firearm ban. Since Handguns are in the sights as well. They want to allow cities and towns to ban handguns in there areas. But with the power of RCMP making the laws. Alot of guns owners will be gun less.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:49 pm 

A CBC article on the 22nd stated this.

"at least 86,000 Canadians agree the bill should be killed, having signed one of the largest e-petitions in Parliament's history"

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:07 pm 

Do the petitions actually really matter...? Does parliament actually pay attention to them?

I just got my tests back in the mail so now I can actually apply for my license. I've been stressing over the fact that I was prescribed antidepressants 5 years ago by a doctor who was happy to quickly hand them out instead of figuring out why I was always tired...

Fully rebuilt Benjamin .22 classic
Some other junk rifles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:36 am 

Carpenter84 wrote:
Do the petitions actually really matter...? Does parliament actually pay attention to them?

I just got my tests back in the mail so now I can actually apply for my license. I've been stressing over the fact that I was prescribed antidepressants 5 years ago by a doctor who was happy to quickly hand them out instead of figuring out why I was always tired...

Dear Leader does what ever he wants.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:44 am 

paddyfritz wrote:
Carpenter84 wrote:

Dear Leader does what ever he wants.

Yup even if the facts and evidence prove him wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:51 am 

Guess the RCMP got in trouble. They were trying to enforce rules, before they were even passed.