Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Pellet trap & p17
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:00 pm 

Picked up a beeman pellet trap with 4 metal targets in it of various sizes. A beeman p17 as well as a tin of 500 premier round nose pellets.

That cheap p17 is very accurate in fact surprisingly so at 10 yards.

I guess what it boils down to is for about $100 out the door I am having loads of fun with the trap and the p17. What an inexpensive way practice fundamentals.

The trap holds paper targets as well which is fantastic for accuracy testing and zeroing at various ranges. For 35 dollars what a great little investment.

If anyone was on the fence about air guns and their value this was a very cheap way to see they have practical uses and are just fun to boot!

Sent from my SM-T818W using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Pellet trap & p17
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:31 am 

Make a template that fits your trap and cut cardboard to size and glue targets on to cardboard. Targets are hard to find for them traps. I use a fine tooth hole saw and remove a circle in cardboard where bullseye is so cardboard doesn't mix with pellets in trap. Then you can keep on reusing cardboard and just glue on new targets of the same. I also add a piece of steel to the top of the trap and JB weld in place and drill through for one bolt to hold steel in place. 950 FPS go right threw the mild steel in them traps using waddcutters at 30 feet. :lol: As for the P17 it kinda ruins the sport for all the other cheap pistols out their. Who wants to shoot a pistol spraying a four inch circle when a P17 can keep it in a one inch circle at the same distance. :) :)

Have fun. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:32 pm 

Thanks for the tips I think that the cardboard target idea is great

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:29 pm 

Yeah my little Remington target trap. I just cut box board or cardboard to fit in the groves and just bought a roll of 1" sticker targets.

I just patched what I miss with some tape. Finding the targets are hard, esp when it was only 20$ for the trap.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:21 am 

I paid $35 for my trap and it came with 4 steel hanging targets of various sizes as well as paper targets and a target slot. The steel hanging targets are a lot thicker than the trap so I was thinking I need to line the trap with something to reduce the clang and prolong it's life when I miss. Yes I do miss lol. I have used duct sealant in the past but this is angled in such a way with a glossy finish I doubt it will stick. Won't hurt to try.

Old pair of jeans and duct tape works to.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:35 am 

tacticalcanuck wrote:
Yes I do miss lol. I have used duct sealant in the past but this is angled in such a way with a glossy finish I doubt it will stick. Won't hurt to try.

Sure, duct seal will work.

My champion 22 rimfire trap and my Remington pellet trap has a glossy finish and angled. And I had no issues having the duct seal to stick. Actually last night I was cleaning the pellets out of the rem trap and it still was on good.