Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: A step up in quality
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:31 pm 

I just received today and installed the Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO scopes I ordered from those nice fellows in BC :) . I shot my new toys this past week-end using the open sights, and altough they're very good sights, I found that my eyes are no longer what they were. None the less I got half-inch groups @ 10 meters with both rifles using JSB Exact 8.44 gr. 4.52 mm in the HW35, and JSB Exact Jumbo 15.89 gr. 5.5 mm in the HW85. Not too bad, but I want more! No pics of that first session, but I'll post pictures of the groups I'll get with the scopes.

Attachments:
IMG_5547.JPG
IMG_5547.JPG [ 227 KiB | Viewed 129 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:54 pm 

You are using these setups on 10 meters??

Or you actually missing a 0, and was talking about 100 meters? [emoji16][emoji16]

Bench your guns or lay down on the soft grass comfortably... Give us some stacking pellets ~ I believe your guns with the scope can do that easily ~

10 meters I can use my scoped P3 to shoot small nuts and screws easily ( with some supports on the hands that hold the gun )... without the scope, I can't see what those small objects at all ~ =b

So, scopes are very useful to me ~

Sent from my LG cellphone

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:31 pm 

YepYep wrote:
You are using these setups on 10 meters??

Or you actually missing a 0, and was talking about 100 meters? [emoji16][emoji16]

Bench your guns or lay down on the soft grass comfortably... Give us some stacking pellets ~ I believe your guns with the scope can do that easily ~

10 meters I can use my scoped P3 to shoot small nuts and screws easily ( with some supports on the hands that hold the gun )... without the scope, I can't see what those small objects at all ~ =b

So, scopes are very useful to me ~

Actually I haven't shot the rifles with the scopes yet, only with the open sights. And yes it was at 10 (ten) meters. And I will shoot at 10 meters with the scopes, since they focus down to 10 yards (30 feet or 9 meters), it should be fun and easy :) However I bought the scopes because I usually like to shoot at 25-35 meters with rifles (This makes me think I need to try some other pellet weights and brands).

Also I think I'd have a hard time shooting at 100 meters, since they're under-500 fps rifles. Not that it can't be done, but, even at 50 meters it would be quite a challenge... 8)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:05 pm 

Sorry ~ it looks I overlooked or missed or just forgot that they are sub 500 fps rifles. You did mentioned it at the very beginning... They looks just soooo high end and I was thinking they should shoot 800, 900 fps something ~ lol

Your setup then looks just like what I did to my 953, polymer stock (I must mention this in order to show the major difference between our guns ~ [emoji57]).

I agreed with the scope, it's just prefect for the 20 meter distance shooting fun!! And in my 953, I zeroed the scope to about 10 yards too. And I don't need extra adjustment when shooting targets far to 20m / 30m ( maybe a bit less). But POI starts to drop after that and about 5 inches something on 50m. But it's predictable and repeatable... I believe yours will do much better ~

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia