Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:31 pm 

The screw is all the way out but because the screw hole on the BnM breech is a liitle deeper, it just won't slide out..ggggrrrr wasted part of my day with this $#@$ thing lol

It's a little flat head.....i got some new ones from Magnum i want to put in. They look real good to..

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated

Thanks

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:22 pm 

Maybe a magnet could help?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:27 pm 

Yeah i tried the little magnets I have, maybe I need a stronger one. It gives me the willies If had to drill into it, that would be a very last resort.

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:12 pm 

Bang it upside down on a piece of wood?

Small needle nose tweezers?

If the screw is unscrewed? and no longer threaded into the maintube. Why not remove the rear screw and pull the breech off and push it out from the bottom?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:21 am 

Ahhh....I got it! Now he bolt on the rear of the breech is really bad and it's a flat head. I had to grind the head away a little so it would fit down the breech hole to fit. I must have screwed down to much because the head of the bolt is jammed. I'm trying to drill it out, it's a mess. These BnM breeches are a lot higher then the crosman.

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:45 pm 

Canadianguy wrote:
Ahhh....I got it! Now he bolt on the rear of the breech is really bad and it's a flat head. I had to grind the head away a little so it would fit down the breech hole to fit. I must have screwed down to much because the head of the bolt is jammed. I'm trying to drill it out, it's a mess. These BnM breeches are a lot higher then the crosman.

Jeez what tooling are you using to assemble these?

Are you still messing with them not popping out of the countersunk hole? If you put it in, you should be able to take it out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:05 pm 

I'm using a flathead screw driver. First time problem with this back one. If you don't have a high rise breech you might not now what I'm talking about.

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:30 pm 

I had a Gmac Custom. Never had a problem... Normally came out after I tilted it upside down.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:40 pm 

Well I guess your a star! Not sure what your getting at....it usually does just come out as I said it's the first time I had it happen at the back. Some how the head got jammed I probably over tightned because I'm always having a problem with a Tippman adapter coming loose.

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:52 pm 

Canadianguy wrote:
Well I guess your a star! Not sure what your getting at....it usually does just come out as I said it's the first time I had it happen at the back. Some how the head got jammed I probably over tightned because I'm always having a problem with a Tippman adapter coming loose.

Sorry no need to be like that.

You squirt some oil in there? Shouldn't require more force to remove than installed.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:16 pm 

Sorry......I thought you were being sarcastic.

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:17 am 

Canadianguy wrote:
Sorry......I thought you were being sarcastic.

No I wasn't. I was answering your question about the high rise breech. I know you're frustrated, But don't get lippy at people trying to help. No matter the questions.

Drilling it out just going to damage it more. Risk of damaging the threads, and enlarging the holes. Forcing you to probably D&T to a larger size. Then stuck trying to get it out of the end cap.

Have you tried oil, and some heat? Or screw driver with a bar on it. Push down and use leverage..

Those stock adapters do they have a built in power adjusters? Maybe its turn in enough and screw your trying to get out is long enough that the PA acting like a setscrew locking it?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:09 am 

I can still turn the PA , I can feel a little resistance, so it could be touching it like you said. I'm not drilling it anymore. The head is to damaged to turn now at all. I might half to take everything a part. I'm using Crosman flat head rear breech bolt, that i have to grind the head a smaller diameter but when I look at other high rise breechs. They seem to be using cap screws, I didn't realize that, I wouldn't have had a problem. i bought this breech used on here a while ago.

The only explanation I can see is I grinded the head diameter of the Crosman bolt, flat head too much. Being it's a flat head didn't give much for the screwdriver to work with. So when I screwed down the head, it just barley caught to hold the breech in place and when I over tightend it slipped right through where it was suppose to catch. So now the screw is drilled out and jammed. It still cocks fine but adapter is a little loose. when I get a new adapter, I'll worry about it.

Thanks for the input!

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:35 pm 

Canadianguy wrote:
I can still turn the PA , I can feel a little resistance, so it could be touching it like you said. I'm not drilling it anymore. The head is to damaged to turn now at all. I might half to take everything a part. I'm using Crosman flat head rear breech bolt, that i have to grind the head a smaller diameter but when I look at other high rise breechs. They seem to be using cap screws, I didn't realize that, I wouldn't have had a problem. i bought this breech used on here a while ago.

The only explanation I can see is I grinded the head diameter of the Crosman bolt, flat head too much. Being it's a flat head didn't give much for the screwdriver to work with. So when I screwed down the head, it just barley caught to hold the breech in place and when I over tightend it slipped right through where it was suppose to catch. So now the screw is drilled out and jammed. It still cocks fine but adapter is a little loose. when I get a new adapter, I'll worry about it.

Thanks for the input!

Ah Improper screw driver used. Why I like using hollow grounded screw drivers. Can get a kit for 23 something dollars. Contacts the whole channel and not just the tip.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:30 pm 

Flat heads awful......I was just reading a post from GTA about using heavy hammer springs like a .45 wire with that BnM breech a a Discovery tube maybe that's why the Tippman adapter keeps coming loose. I never thought about that. Discovery was made for a 20 fpe gun, not with such a heavy hammer spring. You can get carried away with modding and not realize some things.

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/in ... ic=45453.0

Didn't know about that type of screen driver...where so you find?

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32