Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:06 pm 

Wayne361 wrote:
ejackyou wrote:
Wayne361 wrote:
I feel like the odd one out here but i am fully satisfied with the guns i own now and see no reason to add any others.
Guns i currently own:
Diana 34 premium in 22 cal pg2 vortex kit added
Diana 280 in 177 vortex pg2 kit added
Diana 24c in 177 full power spring with t05 trigger
Diana 24 in 177 full power T04 trigger
Think i have the bases covered for my needs/wants thus no need to aquire more. I enjoy hunting and shooting all of them immensely.
Understandable how some can want to aquire a whole bunch but just doesn't interest me. Is there something wrong with me? Hahaha

Cheers,

Wayne

Maybe You are the odd one out? Many of us like to 'collect', different guns for different reasons!
You're either fulfilled, limited budget or too old!
Whichever, I'll Never have Your Problem!

Hey insults arent necessary first off. But I do appreciate your reply. Let me answer your assumptions. As earlier stated im fulfilled. I have no issues with someone owning a 1000 gun "collection"...its just not me. Now scotch on the ither hand ..... :)

No assumption, simply thought I detected an air of condescension, otherwise why would You feel insulted? You asked the Question!
I myself for instance, am fully satisfied not owning Any rifles, and, some of my most favourite guns don't shoot worth a damn?
Some of us are 'collectors' a lot of the fun is in the hunt, and pride of ownership, and, we continue to 'raising the bar'.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:28 pm 

Well, I have been in both places, and it is a fine thing to have some guns you really love and appreciate, and it's also fun to be on the hunt for the next great one. I think I'll probably get more and more happy with what I've already got as I find guns that fit nicely, shoot accurately and that I have a history with. Getting sentimental about some rifles is great imo, and makes them more special hopefully when it comes to passing them on to the next generation, along with the love of the sport. :)
Of course, I'm very thankful for the collectors out there! Keep on collecting!! =)

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:22 pm 

My problem is I can't pass up on older well built classics. (U.K. built guns, Older German models) Reason is once their gone their gone!!!
I can't remember the last time a bought a new gun. Most of my collection is buying from this forum. I'll say one thing I've made some great buys here.
Also missed out on some to. :(

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:53 am 

My case for a smaller collection is simple. I do not normally shoot the air gun I am less accurate with any given style of shooting. I essentially shoot one springer. The rest haven't been touched in a while and I should probably sell or give them away.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:35 am 

Yeah~ give them away is a good idea!!
I am waiting for it ~ [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my LG cellphone

2240+14" barrel/Williams peep sight
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:31 am 

Wayne361 wrote:
I feel like the odd one out here but i am fully satisfied with the guns i own now and see no reason to add any others.
Guns i currently own:
Think i have the bases covered for my needs/wants thus no need to aquire more. I enjoy hunting and shooting all of them immensely.
Understandable how some can want to aquire a whole bunch but just doesn't interest me. Is there something wrong with me? Hahaha

Cheers,

Wayne

Don't you want to try new stuff? A new powerplant? A new design? Something smaller, shorter, longer, bigger, a repeater, a breech loader, a pistol, a carbine, something different?
When Crosman came out with their Nitro Piston I had to give it a try and I loved it!
I saw Canadian Tire had the Daisy mod.74, small, semi-auto CO2 BB rifle. It's a great plinker, I shoot it in the garage with my son.
The SteelForce with the 6 shot bursts is so much fun.
I collect replicas because it's easier and cheaper than their firearm counter parts.
But the other airguns I want to try them all!
I'm at 3 PCP's, all different and I might get another one or two and probably be done unless something revolutionnary comes out or I win the 60 million Loto-Max jackpot next week :lol:
To me airguns are like cars, a loud, obnoxious, great handling, not confortable sports car is something I enjoy but so is a large living room couch comfortable SUV with a ton of room to load stuff in the back but I also want stuff in between! LOL

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:48 am 

DocGadget wrote:
Wayne361 wrote:
Guns i currently own:

Cheers,

Wayne

Don't you want to try new stuff? A new powerplant? A new design? Something smaller, shorter, longer, bigger, a repeater, a breech loader, a pistol, a carbine, something different?
When Crosman came out with their Nitro Piston I had to give it a try and I loved it!
I saw Canadian Tire had the Daisy mod.74, small, semi-auto CO2 BB rifle. It's a great plinker, I shoot it in the garage with my son.
The SteelForce with the 6 shot bursts is so much fun.
I collect replicas because it's easier and cheaper than their firearm counter parts.
But the other airguns I want to try them all!
I'm at 3 PCP's, all different and I might get another one or two and probably be done unless something revolutionnary comes out or I win the 60 million Loto-Max jackpot next week :lol:
To me airguns are like cars, a loud, obnoxious, great handling, not confortable sports car is something I enjoy but so is a large living room couch comfortable SUV with a ton of room to load stuff in the back but I also want stuff in between! LOL

I guess my focus is on becoming an "expert" shot with he guns i currently own as well as enjoying enough variety to suit my needs. Maybe i just answered the question. Some require lots of variety and i respect that. Me i know i can grab any one of my guns and shoot a very respectful grouping and or down a pest in one well placed shot. I have meticulously torn down, deburred, lubed, inserted new springs/tune kits in all of them which has significantly improved their shot cycles, hence accuracy. I guess i dont feel any void that needs to be filled at the moment.
Again intention is not to offend just how i feel. I tend to collect scotch and have a vast collection. Thats the beauty of the sport eh....we all have different motivations on what defines our enjoyment.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:41 pm 

Wayne361 wrote:
I guess my focus is on becoming an "expert" shot with he guns i currently own as well as enjoying enough variety to suit my needs. Maybe i just answered the question. Some require lots of variety and i respect that. Me i know i can grab any one of my guns and shoot a very respectful grouping and or down a pest in one well placed shot. I have meticulously torn down, deburred, lubed, inserted new springs/tune kits in all of them which has significantly improved their shot cycles, hence accuracy. I guess i dont feel any void that needs to be filled at the moment.
Again intention is not to offend just how i feel. I tend to collect scotch and have a vast collection. Thats the beauty of the sport eh....we all have different motivations on what defines our enjoyment.

Maybe you're the wise and reasonnable one here Wayne, I do have over 70 air guns now and, do I feel satisfied? No. Do I need more? No, but yes :lol: Am I a better shot because I have so many? I couldn't say. One thing I know however, someone (i don't remember who exactly) once said: ''Beware the man with just one gun, he probably knows how to use it''. Words of wisdom :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:12 pm 

airmec wrote:
''Beware the man with just one gun, he probably knows how to use it''. Words of wisdom :wink:

I believe that's true!

The true stories always say the best sniper in the world usually will stick to his old gun that he has been used for many many years and won't be easily to switch to the new generation, new technology, new designs etc.....

Sent from my LG cellphone

2240+14" barrel/Williams peep sight
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:25 am 

Wayne361 wrote:

How could that be offending? It's a very respectable way of doing things.
You're like the grand-mother who refined her recipe for years and no one can match that great taste even if they follow the recipe.

I'm just curious and like to experience new things. I obvioulsy can't but I'd like to know everything.
You're an expert in a specific field where I have more of a "jack of all trade" aproach.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:35 pm 

Reason's to keep buying?

Wants and the needs of a fellow my age.

Both change - thus, buy more.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:56 am 

I just want them all...