Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:32 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
wesb2007 wrote:
Thanks!
Had a fun little field target c petition with Dad today, 25 yard 40 yard and 65 yards with a mix of splatter burst paper animals shatter blast and steel targets. Lots of fun! He had the QB Chief and I had the QB78. I out shot him at 65 yards but he beat me over all =). Fun day :D
Hope you all had a great day as well whatever you did for your holiday.

Yeah dads normally whoop our arses. I cannot out shoot my father. Only thing I can beat him at, is growing a beard.

Our club just had a charity shoot for local animal rescue group. It was a fun match from 5 to 100M. I had no issues with off hand shooting the targets at 100/75M. but the smaller ones I had a problem. Joys of Iron sights.

Just makes me realize I need a scope and work on my off hand shooting.

But looks like fun times with pops.
Sounds like a great time! Hopefully those new rings will work great with the 6-18 scope and you'll be able to see those targets better next time. That's pretty good shooting with open sights though, especially free hand! Yep, my Doesn't care for targets but animal targets he's a sharpshooter on. Guess that goes with hunting all his life =)

Sent from my Leap using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:35 pm 

HuskyDude wrote:
Sounds like you guys had a great holiday Wes!
Great to be with family, bonus if you can also share time having fun target shooting!!!
Is your Dad's farm close?
That's to only way!!!! Unlimited for distance....No neighbors to bug either....perfect!
Yeah thanks! I wish it was closer that's for sure. Only get home twice a year or so lately anyway. Sure is nice out here in the country!
Raining today, so kind of shut down the shooting, but that's all right =).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:29 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
wesb2007 wrote:
Thanks!
Had a fun little field target c petition with Dad today, 25 yard 40 yard and 65 yards with a mix of splatter burst paper animals shatter blast and steel targets. Lots of fun! He had the QB Chief and I had the QB78. I out shot him at 65 yards but he beat me over all =). Fun day :D
Hope you all had a great day as well whatever you did for your holiday.

Yeah dads normally whoop our arses. I cannot out shoot my father. Only thing I can beat him at, is growing a beard.

Our club just had a charity shoot for local animal rescue group. It was a fun match from 5 to 100M. I had no issues with off hand shooting the targets at 100/75M. but the smaller ones I had a problem. Joys of Iron sights.

Just makes me realize I need a scope and work on my off hand shooting.

But looks like fun times with pops.
Sounds like a great time! Hopefully those new rings will work great with the 6-18 scope and you'll be able to see those targets better next time. That's pretty good shooting with open sights though, especially free hand! Yep, my Doesn't care for targets but animal targets he's a sharpshooter on. Guess that goes with hunting all his life =)

Yeah cannot wait for the new rings. I can see the targets. Just have to use the mildots to hit.

Thanks. I was just using my old Marlin 70 HC 22LR. Not much of a off hand shooter. Was some real good off hand shooter with scopes and iron sight.

The guy I bought my house from, 24/25 and the miss was due to his 6oz trigger and just wasn't quite ready for the shot.

Guess I might need another air rifle after all. Since 11LB Kral is kinda heavy to off hand shoot.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:31 am 

Wow sounds like some real offhand sharpshooters in your area! I'm pretty happy if I can hit a shatter blast offhand at 40 yards, so I definitely need some practice =)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:51 am 

wesb2007 wrote:
Wow sounds like some real offhand sharpshooters in your area! I'm pretty happy if I can hit a shatter blast offhand at 40 yards, so I definitely need some practice =)

I live in the Country, probably been hunting all their lives. Guy who placed first was the club president and was using a anschutz.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:42 am 

Nice shooting! You guys definetely had a cool time!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:19 am 

Thanks! Yep, I'm going to miss the farm that's for sure!

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk