Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:36 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Yeah... Put the fence on and try to split the cost with your neighbor as it will do good to both of you ~ and usually we will do like that for the fence cost right?

Sent from my LG cellphone

Get him to split the cost? Will just give him more to complain about, having to whipper his side etc.. I'm not putting it on the property line. I'm just putting a privacy fence off the section of the back yard, then switching to welded wire. It's more for the dog. And we can sit and play with the dog out side, w/o having him stare at us. Or have to worry about random people minding their business. But still be able to see my back yard.

But there will be a gate opening inline that I can shoot from the porch, thru the gate.

I just gotta save up for the 7 panels I need.

Think tomorrow I'm going to tape a sock to the stock for a better cheek rest and shoot.. Effects his customers, oh well..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:39 pm 

Started at 13 on my parents average with a Crosman 1322 Medallion. .22 pump action pistol, because be damned if my parents were buying me C02. It quickly makes you a very good shot

Just like this.

Used it a ton for the first few years, then gave it to my younger brother and forgot all about it. A few years back picked up a Umarex XBG, went out plinking a few times and got fully hooked. My 12 year old son really likes to go out and target shoot. Now we have airsoft, pellet and BB.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:40 pm 

Nice!

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:19 am 

Heretic wrote:
Started at 13 on my parents average with a Crosman 1322 Medallion. .22 pump action pistol, because be damned if my parents were buying me C02. It quickly makes you a very good shot

Just like this.

Used it a ton for the first few years, then gave it to my younger brother and forgot all about it. A few years back picked up a Umarex XBG, went out plinking a few times and got fully hooked. My 12 year old son really likes to go out and target shoot. Now we have airsoft, pellet and BB.

Phase 3 Medalist. Those hammers seem to pack a punch. Pretty sure by phase 2 the sliding breech plate cover screw was improved to 8 X 32 over the too weak 6 X 32 of the first variant.

-D.S.

Eye Protection!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:36 pm 

About 8 years ago, I had an inner eye occlusion (stroke) in my right (master) eye, and lost the eye. This was 2 months or so before the opening of deer season. This would be my 50th deer, and I wasn't about to sit it out. (BC had some very generous limits in years past).

Problem was, I always shot right handed, and now I had no right eye. (my avatar picture shows my patch I wore at that time). In any case, I had a nice old Condor (Diana) .177 that I never used, so I bought a tin of pellets, and started practicing left handed. Got hooked, and got my deer, a nice fat 4 point at about 130 yards with my .300 Weatherby (Yah, it's a bit of overkill, but living in Prince George, big stuff abounds and I was a one-rifle guy at that time.)

Airguns sure cured me of that! I have buckets of them now. Only use a few though . . . .

The odd thing is that I am a much better shot left-handed than I ever was from my natural side. Got a bit into field target, met the forum guys for a couple of years (have to come back one day. Great bunch of guys!) and now shoot as much as I can given my schedule with the orchestra I conduct.

I now do all my rabbit and grouse hunting with my .22 Talon. Last deer I took year before last was a smallish 2 point, with a laser measured shot of 441 yards. With witnesses. With a 22-250 and a Barnes-X 45 grainer. Wouldn't even have tried that in the old days! And airguns have taught me that shot placement with a small projectile trumps a poor shot with a cannon. Never too old to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:43 am 

Thanks for sharing! Amazing how trials can often give us new experiences and opportunities we never thought we'd have, hey! Not to make light of losing an eye, that must have been tough!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:41 pm 

I'm used to one eye now, don't even think of it. Thanks for the comments and post. Some interesting stories for sure!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:28 am 

I'm getting into airguns for practical reasons really. I have big problems with squirrels and muskrats. I bought a Savage Mark II 22lr (beautiful little budget gun by the way, tack driver out to 100 yards with CCI Mini Mags) last spring, to take care of the pests. But my nearest neighbours that are 500 yards from me, get real upset with the noise if I eliminate one (actually just the wife gets upset). That's firing a subsonic round too! So hence the move to airguns. I must say it looks like it's going to be an enjoyable and time consuming hobby.

Brian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:23 am 

Yep sure can be addicting!

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk