Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: New FWB 124 Sport
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:26 pm 

Hi everyone.
Its been a long while since I was active here or have made a serious rifle purchase. So as a gift to myself I would like to try the new FWB 124 .177
Simply because of its fit and feel ( fun factor ) . My types of airguns are thin in the hands and fun to shoot. Im looking forward to the new air gun from D&L .
If anyone here has the latest and greatest news on the rifle I would like to here it. Thank you ,

Captain Air

Post subject: Re: New FWB 124 Sport
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:07 pm 

I've been drooling over it since it came out but I'm too tight to part with the $, plus I have way too many airguns already. I do have a FWB 124D which is the original Sport and it's hands down the best springer I've ever had. It was a magnum when I bought it but now it's considered on the low power side, but it's enough power and super accurate. Super easy to cock, not hold sensitive (at least not enough to worry about), shoots any pellet I feed it with virtually the same poi and looks great. It's so accurate it's almost boring b/c I can't miss. Shooting things like birds is zero challenge so I started doing things like shooting the branch between their feet, or trimming some tail feathers instead. It's more fun shooting flies etc.
I paid $270 for it waaay back when, which was a deal b/c I think it was mismarked as a std model, plus I waited until the last few min of the day to haggle the guy down further and he didn't argue. It was a lot of $ for a teen but worth every penny, and I'm sure yours will be too. If I had to widdle down to one airgun it would be my 124.
So instead you'll have to tell us, and pix too please...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:02 am 

Chevota wrote:
I've been drooling over it since it came out but I'm too tight to part with the $, plus I have way too many airguns already. I do have a FWB 124D which is the original Sport and it's hands down the best springer I've ever had. It was a magnum when I bought it but now it's considered on the low power side, but it's enough power and super accurate. Super easy to cock, not hold sensitive (at least not enough to worry about), shoots any pellet I feed it with virtually the same poi and looks great. It's so accurate it's almost boring b/c I can't miss. Shooting things like birds is zero challenge so I started doing things like shooting the branch between their feet, or trimming some tail feathers instead. It's more fun shooting flies etc.
I paid $270 for it waaay back when, which was a deal b/c I think it was mismarked as a std model, plus I waited until the last few min of the day to haggle the guy down further and he didn't argue. It was a lot of $ for a teen but worth every penny, and I'm sure yours will be too. If I had to widdle down to one airgun it would be my 124.
So instead you'll have to tell us, and pix too please...

Hi Chevota
thanks and I hope so. I hope it will arrive. I seam to sell all my larger type rifles . I've had and have many nice rifles like many TXs and HWs but I always have more fun with the BSAs .. thinner lighter rifles. I figure the new FWB 124 is the perfect one. half a TX and half BSA . I will take many pics and review the performance of the beauty so as to promote fun not typical power .

Cheers ,

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:56 am 

Captain Air wrote:
Hi everyone.
Its been a long while since I was active here or have made a serious rifle purchase. So as a gift to myself I would like to try the new FWB 124 .177
Simply because of its fit and feel ( fun factor ) . My types of airguns are thin in the hands and fun to shoot. Im looking forward to the new air gun from D&L .
If anyone here has the latest and greatest news on the rifle I would like to here it. Thank you ,

Captain Air

I don't see the FWB 124 .177 listed at D&L airguns.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:03 am 

D&L have been trying to carry the FWB in. So with any luck I can get my hands on one of them.

Captain Air
aka Lou Italo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:24 am 

Wow, this rifle embodies the history of airgunning.
Now I know more. Thx

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2005/10 ... let-rifle/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:12 pm 

Is the model sport the same thing? Cibles has them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:14 am 
Supporting Member 2009

Are you referring to THIS rifle

http://www.targets.ca/products/air-rifl ... odel-sport
https://www.feinwerkbau.de/en/Sporting- ... odel-Sport

I don't see why you are referring to it as model 124, which is an older, no longer produced rifle.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:35 am 

I am wondering the comparison between the FWB Sport and the HW break barrels...

As from HW, there are so many models from HW30 to HW95 are all break barrels... I am not sure which one we should pick up to compare to the FWB either....

I think in one day, I will buy at least one classic break barrel rifle... Maybe saying a springer, not limited to break barrel as I like the HW97 too... So, do some homework in advance should be good for me ~

And FWB is a famous high end competition grade air gun brand, and they have the new Sport now, not only PCPs, I think I should put an eye on it to check it out ~

Thanks for the input first ~

Sent from my LG cellphone

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:51 am 

The FWB 124 S is $950 at Cibles. Not made in Germany and doesn't come with a factory test group.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:59 am 

Thanks ~

Sub 500 fps for target shooting only? Or more powerful for field targets?

Looks not a good price and maybe not as good quality as in the old stocks?!

Sent from my LG cellphone

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

Post subject: FWB 124
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:49 pm 

Dr. Nick got the right pic. Yes it is very pricey but I am interested in the rifle because i am hoping its as custom as a TX out of the box. Also I have owned many HWs and I always always have to spend money on their crack barrels for a Rowan trigger swap. I'm 5'11" and use extra large construction gloves. the reach to their trigger is too far. you would figure after all these decades they would remedy the situation.
So I and many people have been waiting for a rebirth in medium powered springers. I'm not expecting an authentic Feinwerkbau.
I'm just hoping for a glass trigger and a beautiful sculpted stock. And a huge fun factor ... I hope. it's the 124 or a HW57 .177

Captain Air