Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: FX Streamline Glitch?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:24 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Was out on the weekend doing a little FT with my various PCPs and noticed something strange with the trigger on my FX Streamline. The first stage pulls back as usual to the second, but if for some reason I chose not to complete the shot, upon releasing the trigger it does not return to its original position, but stays instead right on the cusp of second stage release ......... feels like a dangerous situation to allow the Streamline to remain in that state, even with the safety on, so I just de-cocked the rifle to be sure.

Any other members / FX Owners experiencing this phenomenon or is it possibly a rifle specific defect?

Cheers,

Avianmanor

Hatsan BT65 SB
Benjamin Marauder
Cometa Orion
Weihrauch HW100S
QB78D Modified HPA 875 FPS
Brocock Concept Super 6
Artemis PP700S-A
Diana Chaser
Snowpeak CP1-M
Artemis PP800
FX Radar Chrony

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:05 pm 

Try here
https://www.airgunnation.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:13 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Hello All,

After some research without results, I took the bull by the horns and disassembled my FX Streamline in an effort to solve the trigger issue I reported some time ago (first stage doesn't return to rest and stays on the cusp of second stage release). I was very pleasantly surprised to discover not only how well built the internal workings of this rifle are, but also how very serviceable; a breeze to take apart and put back together.

After depleting the HPA supply, the stock was easily removed with one screw. The Sear and pins holding things together were then quite accessible and easy to remove. I noted almost immediately the issue causing the sticking first stage -there is nothing to keep the sear centred with the trigger as it's free to travel sideways on its pin. The sear then ends up to one side or the other, coming into contact with the sides of the slot it's mounted in. With pressure being applied by the spring which joins trigger and sear, friction then takes over and the sear binds.

Simple solution, install a pair of spacers, one on either side of the pin securing the sear. I've temporarily installed some stainless steel washers, but a pair of proper brass shims or possibly race bearings (if available in that size from a hobby shop) would be an ideal long term solution.

While I was in an about the inner workings of the FX, I had a look at the safety mechanism and was very pleased to note a small adjustment to the position of a set screw, will allow the safety to be set whether the gun is cocked or not, rectifying one of my personal gripes with this model. I much prefer a safety like that on my Daystate Huntsman, where it's either on or off, regardless of whether the gun is cocked and ready to fire. I feel this is a much safer approach. Of course the one advantage of knowing if the gun is cocked or not by only being able to activate the safety when it is, will be lost. No biggie for as pulling the side lever all the way back, depressing the trigger and returning the side lever to iit's rest position, de-cocks the gun, ensuring at any given time the status of the action. Very simple modification which should in no way effect warranty or performance.

Now my FX Streamline works perfectly and the safety functions just way I'd like it to. A fantastic PCP Rifle, never a regret owning it.

Attaching a few photos -hope this info may be helpful to others.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

Attachments:
File comment: Original FX Sear Assembly
IMG_6124.JPG
IMG_6124.JPG [ 24.15 KiB | Viewed 253 times ]
File comment: Modified FX Sear Pin / Spacers
IMG_6130.JPG
IMG_6130.JPG [ 26.95 KiB | Viewed 253 times ]
File comment: FX Safety Set Screw Adjust
IMG_6126.JPG
IMG_6126.JPG [ 33.02 KiB | Viewed 253 times ]