Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:48 pm 

We now have another post talking about the sub 500 target rifles, and I am thinking we have the 50m targte match.... and 50m is a very far range indeed! So their PCPs are the high power ones? How much power the competitor will regulate their guns? 1000fps? 900? 800?

And I think that will be LOUD! And doesn't it affect other competitors?

Sent from my LG cellphone

2240+14" barrel/Williams peep sight
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:53 pm 

I can only find reference to using .22 rimfire for 50m Olympic competition.... I only find air rifles listed for 10m at the Olympics.... Is this a new event, and if so, where would I find the information on it?....

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:49 pm 

......... Uhhh.... [emoji29][emoji29]

If so I messed it up then ~ isn't it the 50m air rifle match hold in Mars next year?!

But looks my question is still workable... Will the noise level affect other competitors? Because I watched the YouTube it's very quiet in the air gun competition range...

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:43 pm 

That's what I'm asking you.... If you have a link to a 50m Olympic even for air rifles, please post it.... They may allow silencers in the Olympics, I have no idea.... I wonder what happens if they come to Canada where they are NOT allowed?....

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:24 pm 

I just remember I watched a YouTube before regarding 50m rifle, trainer and shooters. But what still in my mind is 50m is very long ranger and the trainer also admitted that with the open sights ( of course scope not allowed in the match), actually nobody can see the target clearly... But I don't remember if they mentioned what kind of rifle to use in the match ~

But I believe your memory won't be wrong so it should be the powder burner...

Maybe silencer is allowed. We are not allowed to use silencer doesn't means no silencer in Canada, the Force, police etc special department should not included ~ i

So, same to the matches like Olympic etc if any chance ~

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:38 am 

YepYep wrote:
......... Uhhh.... [emoji29][emoji29]

If so I messed it up then ~ isn't it the 50m air rifle match hold in Mars next year?!

But looks my question is still workable... Will the noise level affect other competitors? Because I watched the YouTube it's very quiet in the air gun competition range...

They're shooting sub sonic ammo. Plus they said the camera isn't picking up the full sound. Also they might edit the noise out. And no Olympic rifles are suppressed. Ive watched videos with people wearing ear plugs, and hearing the typical 22LR crack.

rsterne wrote:
That's what I'm asking you.... If you have a link to a 50m Olympic even for air rifles, please post it.... They may allow silencers in the Olympics, I have no idea.... I wonder what happens if they come to Canada where they are NOT allowed?....

Bob

Since Ken is not answering the question. There is no 50M Air rifle Olympic event.

Airguns pistol and rifles are 10M only. Rimfire Pistols are 25M but there is 50M events, and Rimfire Rifle events are 50M. There wouldn't be any special privileges for suppressors. They're a prohib device and wouldn't be able to gain entry into Canada with one.

Believe that the video he seen just edited the noise a bit, and you probably shot 22LR subsonic w/o ear plugs? and you know it's not that bad.

Quote:
The 50m Rifle 3 Positions Men is an ISSF event where athletes shoot over a distance of 50 meters or 54.68 yards in kneeling, prone and standing positions, using a 5.6 millimeters or 0.22 inches caliber rifle, with a maximum weight of 8.0 kilograms or 17.64 libbers.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:48 am 

From reading, most Olympic air rifle are set to under 600 FPS, most say around 570 FPS.