Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: 150 Pellgun - Gas Leak
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:51 pm 

so, i don't really shoot my 150 as much as i would have wanted to, mostly because it sounds like an actual .22 when you shoot it, and the co2 efficiency is bad. I brought the gun to the range a few months ago, and when i punctured the co2 by firing the gun, all the gas came out of the barrel and emptied the co2. I tried taking it apart thinking it would be like there newer guns, but apparently you need some tool or something...? what would cause this? thinking of trying pellgun oil, but im out of gas right now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:21 pm 

If you want to revive your Crosman 150, read the information on that site. This is what I used to repair mine and it was a success.

I would copy and paste the info in a word document to get a paper printed copy as it seems that knowledge stored on the web is not permanent.

Have some fun.

R-Gun Pete

This is the link.

http://www.pettypb.com/707/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:32 am 

The 150 is a pistol I actually LIKE shooting. Flat out BARKS and smacks the pellet trap with authority...great fun.

There is occasionally debris inside the co2 cartridges, or some created by piercing the cartridge...sometimes this debris gets stuck in the soft sealing face of the valve stem. This can damage the valve seat as well. Still a fairly easy fix.

It does come apart similarly to the 2240 for the most part, but the block behind the valve is pinned with a pressed in pin/female stud...use a screw and piece of tubing/stack of washers etc to make a "puller" for removal. Be gentle with the factory screws, they're getting hard to find...ended up making one for mine.

Valve

Valve retention block and pin

Good luck and have fun,

Al

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:31 am 

Gippeto wrote:
The 150 is a pistol I actually LIKE shooting. Flat out BARKS and smacks the pellet trap with authority...great fun.

There is occasionally debris inside the co2 cartridges, or some created by piercing the cartridge...sometimes this debris gets stuck in the soft sealing face of the valve stem. This can damage the valve seat as well. Still a fairly easy fix.

It does come apart similarly to the 2240 for the most part, but the block behind the valve is pinned with a pressed in pin/female stud...use a screw and piece of tubing/stack of washers etc to make a "puller" for removal. Be gentle with the factory screws, they're getting hard to find...ended up making one for mine.

Valve

Valve retention block and pin

Good luck and have fun,

Al

can you send a picture of what you mean with this puller?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:06 pm 

Hi Auserman.

I suggest that you look at the link I have provided in my earlier post.

The guy did a super guide that contains all the informations you would need. All the pitfalls are indicated and will ensure that nothing is damaged.

It requires a bit of reading and going from one section to the other to get the complete procedure but all is there.

As I mentioned I repaired mine using that.

Good luck.

R-Gun Pete

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:04 pm 

R-Gun Pete wrote:
Hi Auserman.

I suggest that you look at the link I have provided in my earlier post.

The guy did a super guide that contains all the informations you would need. All the pitfalls are indicated and will ensure that nothing is damaged.

It requires a bit of reading and going from one section to the other to get the complete procedure but all is there.

As I mentioned I repaired mine using that.

Good luck.

R-Gun Pete

i have know idea what it means by pin punch... or how you would fit it in there because of the release pin would be in the way
Edit: i used a punch, but the gas release only goes down 1/4 of the way, how would i be able to get out the thing that holds it in place?
Edit 2: oh, so you just push hard enough for it to come loose... anyway guess im going to need to get a thinner punch now...